Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭craic_dealer

Haven't seen it mentioned here, are Gamestop doing midnight release?
    I would have assumed they would be, since I got GTAV and PS4 at midnight launches at Gamestop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

It feels like the run up to Christmas. The whole gaming world slows down anticipating the sleeping giant that is Rockstar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Pac1Man wrote: »

Assumption on their part, would be way too early for any retailer to have any notion of anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

I would have assumed they would be, since I got GTAV and PS4 at midnight launches at Gamestop.

I just got a message back from them on FB, they said it's being finalized and a post about it should go up on Sunday mentioning midnight openings etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Varik wrote: »
    Assumption on their part, would be way too early for any retailer to have any notion of anything.

Exactly, but arnt they getting a nice bit of media exposure over it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

464166.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭craic_dealer

Nodferatu wrote: »
    I just got a message back from them on FB, they said it's being finalized and a post about it should go up on Sunday mentioning midnight openings etc.

Thank you! I'll keep an eye out there then!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Preload complete, it took from 6am yesterday until 3 or 4am this morning LOL! 87 gigs but xbox one download is 107 gigs :s?

• Advertisement

jll1pMT.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Smyths are doing midnight release and its cheaper there, €15 cheaper actualy if you order online and collect in store

Im getting it for €55 and gamestop is 69.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,263 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

dave1982 wrote: »
    Smyths are doing midnight release and its cheaper there, €15 cheaper actualy if you order online and collect in store

Im getting it for €55 and gamestop is 69.99

There's a lot less Smyth's stores around than GameStop though. My closet one is an hour away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Preload complete, it took from 6am yesterday until 3 or 4am this morning LOL! 87 gigs but xbox one download is 107 gigs :s?

Did you just sit watching it? :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Did you just sit watching it? :pac:

No......................

maybe

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hal 'Otacon' Emmerich:
    Huh? Oh, wait! We're on Playstation 3! It's a Blu-Ray Disc. Dual-layered, too. No need to swap.

Times have changed.

* blatantly stolen from another forum. I'm not that witty.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Protest the Zero

Wonder if Smyths will have any nice posters or anything? Remember Xtra Vision used to give away those big carboard cutouts and everything when a new game came out! They still have €5 off with all pre-orders, which makes RDR 2 only €55, I reckon that's cheapest in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,950 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Wonder if Smyths will have any nice posters or anything? Remember Xtra Vision used to give away those big carboard cutouts and everything when a new game came out! They still have €5 off with all pre-orders, which makes RDR 2 only €55, I reckon that's cheapest in Ireland.
    Well, second cheapest behind SuperValu at €50.

20181020-174612.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

What am I not getting with the standard edition pre order?

RasTa wrote: »
    What am I not getting with the standard edition pre order?

- Bonus bank robbery mission and gang hideout (bonus side missions, NOT main story missions)
    - Dabbled Black Thoroughbred (horse)
    - The Nuevo Paraiso gunslinger outfit
    - Talisman and medallion gameplay bonuses
    - Gameplay boosts, cash bonuses and discounts
    - Get three weapons free at gunsmiths

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Protest the Zero

Basq wrote: »
    Well, second cheapest behind SuperValu at €50.

20181020-174612.jpg

Oh damn! My only concern would be that only a few stores will have em in. I've never seen games in my local Superavalu before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,093 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Oh damn! My only concern would be that only a few stores will have em in. I've never seen games in my local Superavalu before

A lot of the time they're kept behind the till.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

They are behind the till beside the fags/alcohol in the two nearest shops to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

How can there be 20 euro difference in shops. **** gamestop seriously they are taking piss. Super valu and smyths do not specailize in games... gamestop do so if anyone should be selling cheaper it should be them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

SuperValu is a strange one but smyths have much better buying power than Gamestop so probably get the games at a better price. I read recently as well GS didn't have the best buying power plus their mainstream popularity means people flock there to pay full price for games for their kids.

I know where you can get it for €39.75. (Digital)

dave1982 wrote: »
    How can there be 20 euro difference in shops. **** gamestop seriously they are taking piss. Super valu and smyths do not specailize in games... gamestop do so if anyone should be selling cheaper it should be them

SuperValu is probably selling the game at cost price (or selling at a small profit) in the hope they get you into the supermarket and you buy a heap of other stuff while your there.

I know where you can get it for €39.75. (Digital)

Is it a secret or you going to spill the beans??

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Is it a secret or you going to spill the beans??

No secret hah, psngames.org

• Advertisement

No secret hah, psngames.org

That's an account not a game.

Advertisement