Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Top late for Smyths pre ordering I think.

You'll be stuck with Amazon or TheGameCollection online as likely the cheapest to preorder but you won't get on Friday.

Otherwise try and pick it up on the day.

Cheers. I might give this a go tomorrow :

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/red-dead-redemption-2-ps4-3153-from-25th-oct-using-code-jmr5bqd4b4-at-psn-store-indonesia-3083931?page=7#thread-comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Varik wrote: »
    On PS4 there's a timer, anything similar on Xbox what's that currently say.

PS4 telling me 1 day 1 hour ~, so midnight tomorrow.

Just says "Available on 10/26/2018, 12:00 AM".

Or if I buy from a foreign country such as Hong Kong. It says "10/25/2018 5:00 PM"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Or if I buy from a foreign country such as Hong Kong. It says "10/25/2018 5:00 PM"

Where do you get that information Misky? I looked and cannot see it. Must be blind. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Where do you get that information Misky? I looked and cannot see it. Must be blind. :)

On the Xbox itself. Go to red dead store page. Then it's in small text right above the Pre-order button.

Cheers I see it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Mine does say that aswell the 26th but why we getting email's for 25th then dunno maybe just a error seems to be just people in ireland aswell getting this email

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

So who's gonna try it at midnight for us all and report back??ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

rafi bomb wrote: »
    So who's gonna try it at midnight for us all and report back??ðŸ˜

Didnt work just now anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

laneooo wrote: »
    Didnt work just now anyway

Ah annoying. I know person on reddit claiming the ultimate edition unlocks at 4pm tomorrow but sceptical now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

No luck, Microsoft and there fecking misleading emails :mad: !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Ah annoying. I know person on reddit claiming the ultimate edition unlocks at 4pm tomorrow but sceptical now
    No luck, Microsoft and there fecking misleading emails :mad: !

Sure we'll just have to check back at 4pm.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wing126 wrote: »
    Sure we'll just have to check back at 4pm.

I think that's 4pm us time though,which would make it midnight here, as a poster above pointed out, bastards got my hopes up :mad:

I think that's 4pm us time though,which would make it midnight here, as a poster above pointed out, bastards got my hopes up :mad:

4pm US time is not midnight here?

It's only 5 hours difference Eastern time and 6 hours central and 8 hours pacific.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Intu

Anyone going to the Smyths midnight launch? Do you think you'd neeed to head there earlier than midnight?

Intu wrote: »
    Anyone going to the Smyths midnight launch? Do you think you'd neeed to head there earlier than midnight?

I was at the midnight launch for the One X and they were locked until one or two mins after midnight. Everyone was just sitting in cars in the car park till they opened.

No harm to be there a bit early though as I think they lock up pretty quick once the crowd goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

4pm US time is not midnight here?

It's only 5 hours difference Eastern time and 6 hours central and 8 hours pacific.

4pm Pacific standard time is midnight here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,270 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

GameStop and Best Buy in the US are now releasing the game at 9pm.

Would love if Smyths done that too considering its two discs and a day one patch. Black Ops 4 was launched at 6pm. Obviously down to Rockstar but hopefully it happens here too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,092 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

DaveyDave wrote: »

Would love if Smyths done that too considering its two discs and a day one patch. Black Ops 4 was launched at 6pm. Obviously down to Rockstar but hopefully it happens here too.

Black Ops 4 was released early because the Day One patch was 50gb. The RDR2 one will likely only be a few gbs so it's a totally different scenario. Installation from a disc doesn't factor into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

I assume if I pre-ordered from Symth's over a month ago and wait til lunch time tomorrow to get my copy I'll be fine? Like they do hold them for you, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Cina wrote:
    I assume if I pre-ordered from Symth's over a month ago and wait til lunch time tomorrow to get my copy I'll be fine? Like they do hold them for you, right?

Yeah you have to close of business Sat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Biscuit80

From Smyths for anyone collecting...

Your pre-order will be available for collection at your local Smyths Toys Superstore where we are hosting a midnight launch for this game (Friday 12:01am). Your order will be held for you until close of business Saturday October 27th.

Please Note:

If you do not collect your order by close of business Saturday October 27th it will be cancelled, no payment will be taken, however, it may take a number of banking days for the pre-authorised amount to release back to your account.

Before you travel to your local store, please ensure you have the following:
    Your email confirmation from us containing your unique order number and barcode, this can be printed or shown on a smart phone or tablet.
    We may also request further identification, for example, driving licence, passport or bank card.

Happy Gaming

I don't seem to have a barcode on any email I received from Smyths in relation to my preorder although there is a preorder number - I presume this is what they will need?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Biscuit80 wrote: »
    I don't seem to have a barcode on any email I received from Smyths in relation to my preorder although there is a preorder number - I presume this is what they will need?

You won't get barcode until they take payment. Last few orders I placed with Smyths its been about 8:30 PM the night before. Not sure if it'll be earlier due to midnight launch. Got same mail as you, think its just letting you know there is a midnight release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Yeah you have to close of business Sat

Ha, as if I'd wait that long :D

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

For those not trying to buy it on the Kuwait PSN store just to play it 8 minutes early the review embargo will lift at 12 pm today so not long to wait on reviews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I presume those who have this pre-ordered digitally will have the day one patch downloaded and all or will I be looking at a update popping up tonight some time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I presume those who have this pre-ordered digitally will have the day one patch downloaded and all or will I be looking at a update popping up tonight some time?

It's included in the initial preload.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,270 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

DaveyDave wrote: »

Black Ops 4 was released early because the Day One patch was 50gb. The RDR2 one will likely only be a few gbs so it's a totally different scenario. Installation from a disc doesn't factor into it.

I didn't say installation from a disc should be a factor, I just said it would be nice. There's nothing to say it can't be a factor though if Rockstar are allowing a 9pm launch in the US. That gives people time to drive home, install discs and update. People who bought digital have had the option to pre-load for a few days and are ready for it to unlock.

My point is a midnight launch isn't set in stone, just because it doesn't have a 50GB patch doesn't mean it can't launch early.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Long shot I know, but is does anyone know of somewhere around Dublin where I can pre order this for tomorrow? My Amazon order got cancelled due to my getting a new card (I had updated it, but they declined payment so updating it now means I wouldn't have the game until next week). Smyths website says they're out of stock and Gamestop isn't offering collect in store.

I would rather have a physical copy to save space, but it's not the end of the world if I have to DL it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Long shot I know, but is does anyone know of somewhere around Dublin where I can pre order this for tomorrow? My Amazon order got cancelled due to my getting a new card (I had updated it, but they declined payment so updating it now means I wouldn't have the game until next week). Smyths website says they're out of stock and Gamestop isn't offering collect in store.

I would rather have a physical copy to save space, but it's not the end of the world if I have to DL it.

Argos or Super Valu seem to be the next best options.

Argos you can reserve a copy, link was posted a few pages back.

Super Valu will be first come, first served, a list of stores was also posted a few pages back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

SuperValu stores will have it for €49.99 tomorrow morning. Be aware though that the last big release of Black Ops went on sale in their stores at 6pm the day before it was meant to officially go on sale so they might do the same this evening with Red Dead.

Advertisement