Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

SeantheMan wrote: »
    FYI Red Dead is 10e on PSN for the next 2 days. After that it goes back up to 30e .
    I just got it again yesterday to play through as I don't have my xbox with me.

I presume you mean red dead revolver?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Redemption.
    Revolver is E15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

No, Redemption is on sale atm on PSN.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/red-dead-redemption/cid=EP1004-NPEB00833_00-PSNREDDEAD2V0004
    This price is only available from 05/10/2016 - 20/10/2016 07:59am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think the confusion is PS3 vs PS4. Redemption is PS3 only but Revolver is now out on PS4.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Penn wrote: »
    I think the confusion is PS3 vs PS4. Redemption is PS3 only but Revolver is now out on PS4.

Ya i thought he meant there was a ps4 version of red dead, got my hopes up sleep.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Take Two has registered the domain name Red Dead Online

http://www.vg247.com/2016/10/18/red-dead-online-domain-registered-by-gta-publisher/

As great as I presume RDR Online was and given what Rockstar have learned from GTA Online, I still hope there's a solid single-player story and they're not just going for an online mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

As great as I presume RDR Online was and given what Rockstar have learned from GTA Online, I still hope there's a solid single-player story and they're not just going for an online mode.

Yeah they would have to have some type of offline game mode like single player as they would lose out on potential gamers who don't have fast enough internet connection or god forbid no internet at all.

Yeah they would have to have some type of offline game mode like single player as they would lose out on potential gamers who don't have fast enough internet connection or god forbid no internet at all.

Plus the story mode in RDR was beyond brilliant. And I loved GTAV's story mode too. What they could do with a new Red Dead game in terms of story mode could be truly spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Thats true but GTA V single player dlc would have made them a tonne of money and yet not as much as focusing on GTA Online it seems. I want a good old fashioned rockstar single player game but i wouldn't be surprised if single player is heavily linked to online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Thats true but GTA V single player dlc would have made them a tonne of money and yet not as much as focusing on GTA Online it seems. I want a good old fashioned rockstar single player game but i wouldn't be surprised if single player is heavily linked to online.

Considering how much GTA V alone has made them never mind GTA Online, Rockstar could easily have a separate team working on single player DLC.

Venom wrote: »
    Considering how much GTA V alone has made them never mind GTA Online, Rockstar could easily have a separate team working on single player DLC.

Yeah but I'd say three years down the line, if there's been no word of it yet chances are there won't be. I'd say everyone moved over to working on Red Dead or maybe even the next GTA.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,582 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Rockstar presents: Table Tennis 2.

Fall 2017.

Trailer Thursday. Yusssz. Hoping for advanced online Ping Pong tournament brackets.

https://twitter.com/rockstargames/status/788363842329903104

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

From the link:
    Developed by the creators of Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Redemption 2 is an epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland. The game’s vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Ah jeez, I was hoping for earlier than that!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,582 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

No mention of PC on the website either, but there are PS4 and XB1 logos.

I mean, surely the loyal Windows Store audience is getting shafted here :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

They never mentioned if it is to be released on PC. Damn. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Let's hope no one was taking off the team working on Agent to make this!
    I mean Redemption 2 sounds like fun, but they don't want people to think they might never see the PS3 exclusive come to light, now do they?? :D

Seriously though, can't fcuking wait for this! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

...Imagine it was VR enabled.

I can dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Can expect the PC version some time after the console version. A no brainer really considering the code base wouldn't be too different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can expect the PC version some time after the console version. A no brainer really considering the code base wouldn't be too different.

Would have said that about the first Red Dead too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I guess it was too much to ask for them to launch with a PC version :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Trailer dropping Thursday btw at 4pm IE time :)

It'll almost definitely come out on PC too. And considering it took about 16 months from GTAV console to PC version, I'd imagine they'll try and reduce the length of time it takes to port to PC for this one.

Edit: Damn, I actually never knew Red Dead Redemption never came out on PC. Was just looking at getting it to play early next year but might have to bust out the old PS3 now instead.

Would have said that about the first Red Dead too.

Not really.

The original only launched on 360 and PS3 which are totally different architectures than PCs.

PS4 and XB1 are x86 and essentially PC lite. Porting games over and back is much more simplified. That's why GTAV for PC was so much better than GTAIV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,774 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I hope it doesn't have character switching like GTA V. That was a great idea for GTA but in RDR the story matters a lot more and I like it being focused on one character.

It'll almost definitely come out on PC too. And considering it took about 16 months from GTAV console to PC version, I'd imagine they'll try and reduce the length of time it takes to port to PC for this one.

I think the difference between launch dates will probably be similar to GTAV PC being launched a few months after PS4 and XB1 versions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

I hope it doesn't have character switching like GTA V. That was a great idea for GTA but in RDR the story matters a lot more and I like it being focused on one character.

Yep. I'd imagine they'll go for the GTA approach though.

I wonder what era this will cover?

Saipanne wrote: »
    Yep. I'd imagine they'll go for the GTA approach though.

I wonder what era this will cover?

I'm near sure that's John Marston in the centre, and given that it's a numbered sequel rather a new name, I'd say this is a prequel to when John was part of the gang (been so long since I played I can't remember much of the story or character names though).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I think character switching will happen. One criticism I've heard from the few players I know who tried the game and didn't like it was that they hated all the horseback riding from one side of the map to the other.

now personally I love the horseback riding, I just loved being in the World and even on my third complete play-through I still ride from 'A' to 'B' constantly, but this is likely to be a huge map and jumping between characters gets them around that problem.

Advertisement