Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

glad there was a bit of buzz in the stores for this one, i went in for the midnight launch of the one x thinking there would be a few in there and i was the only one, now it was a miserable night but i thought given the hype before there would be a few

adds to the excitement when you see you are not the only loon excited about it

My missus just picked up my copy from SuperValu. Gonna be a looooong day in work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

mossym wrote: »
    glad there was a bit of buzz in the stores for this one, i went in for the midnight launch of the one x thinking there would be a few in there and i was the only one, now it was a miserable night but i thought given the hype before there would be a few

adds to the excitement when you see you are not the only loon excited about it

Yes we'd 50 people last night, the last one I went to before I think was 3 people for Black Ops 3...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Same, git a nice art box with mine too.

Seems to be some code for DLC in mine which I think was only a pre order bonus which is nice :). The war horse and outlaw survival kit?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

A queue of over 20 people waiting for Supervalu to open at 8 :pac:

Got my copy :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Pussyhands wrote: »
    A queue of over 20 people waiting for Supervalu to open at 8 :pac:

Got my copy :cool:

How many copies did they have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

OhHiMark wrote: »

one i went to had about 15 or so, gone in 5 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Just jumping in now, gonna be a good day. Enjoy all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭Damien360

SuperValu Newbridge didn't get any copies in. 2 people ahead of me this morning and 2 coming in after me, all looking to buy at 8:30am.

Naas Argos had 4 more copies at 7:30. I reserved mine there for €60

OhHiMark wrote: »

I heard from a guy outside who seemed to know the staff say they have a good 20 or 25.

But I was about 14 in the queue and one of the staff was like "is that all we have left??" so seemed to be running out quickly. Mostly PS4 bought!

• Advertisement

Damien360 wrote: »
    SuperValu Newbridge didn't get any copies in. 2 people ahead of me this morning and 2 coming in after me, all looking to buy at 8:30am.

Naas Argos had 4 more copies at 7:30. I reserved mine there for €60

Supervalue Newbridge were not on the list

https://supervalu.ie/offers/red-dead-redemption

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,261 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm really surprised by the numbers last night. Was expecting 10-20 at the midnight launches but 50-100 is mad altogether. That's like the original queues when the Xbox and PS4 launched.

Unfortunately I have to work today and for most of the next few weekends so my gaming time will be severely limited but still hoping to grab an hour here and there.

Hmm, I suppose I won't bother trying super valu at this stage so. I have it booked in argos anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Question folks - If I didn't play the first one does it matter? Also, how would you describe the game? I've seen clips but can't really narrow it down to anything. Thanks.

Question folks - If I didn't play the first one does it matter? Also, how would you describe the game? I've seen clips but can't really narrow it down to anything. Thanks.

Rootin Tootin Shoootin Cowboys.

Also, how would you describe the game? I've seen clips but can't really narrow it down to anything. Thanks.
    It's an open world cowboy game. I wouldn't worry about not having played the previous one.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,333 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

GTA with dynamic horse testicles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    How in the **** did this game get so many 10s... after only an hour I'm sick of the slow movement and heavy as balls gunplay. It feels outdated compared to new 3rd person shooters or open world games.

I suppose like Nintendo, Rockstar can do no wrong, 10/10.

I hope it gets better.

It got 10s after reviewers played it for at least 40 hours.

It's all about the experience and possibilities.

I would not view this or expect it to be the same as a 3rd person shooter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Many buy it off CDkeys after? Prob gonna go with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 akurat

I got my copy reserved in Smyths Toys this morning and already got a message that I can pick it up already. And it looks like they still have plenty of copies left in all stores. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Got mine just now in Smyths Jervis St. about 15 people in the queue behind me

Be warned, some asshole in SuperValu picked up 15 copies of this

Will be on adverts or done deal in no time selling for 60 I bet

How the hell was that allowed????

Pussyhands wrote: »
    How the hell was that allowed????

More importantly how does he think he'll make money off this when it's available for 60 quid very easily?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Hey, just picked up my preorder and got an ereceipt showimg 59.99....did anyone else get this? Should have been 54.99 right? Went back in and they said that when the money comes off the card it’ll be for 54.99...does that sound right?

Did you get fed up waiting on the postman with your GameStop order or are you buying supplies :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Could also just be group buying for family and friends.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Did you get fed up waiting on the postman with your GameStop order or are you buying supplies :pac:

Nope, special edition arrived. I was saving it for a follow up gif but you ****ed it up in me lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Got a copy in super valu sundrive at 8 this morning. Also have an argos reservation code for Stephen's Green if anyone wants it!

Advertisement