Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

Do disc copies come with a map?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ebolanog

Made an account just to post this.

Supervalu had probably around 20 in stock in dundalk. They were finished by 8:05, saw loads of lads coming in leaving empty handed. I bought the last 2, thankfully nobody decided to abuse it by buying them all, I arrived around 8:02.

It's a cheap way to get people into the store throughout the day I suppose, but it's not nice considering all the games were sold less than 10 mins after the store opened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I'm just back from Smyths in Childers Road and there was plenty of women in jim jams there :D

Me too, must have just missed ya :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Has anyone else who bought in argos got the dlc and the map?

Ebolanog wrote: »
    Made an account just to post this.

Supervalu had probably around 20 in stock in dundalk. They were finished by 8:05, saw loads of lads coming in leaving empty handed. I bought the last 2, thankfully nobody decided to abuse it by buying them all, I arrived around 8:02.

It's a cheap way to get people into the store throughout the day I suppose, but it's not nice considering all the games were sold less than 10 mins after the store opened.

Not really the fault of the store if people still go in looking to buy copies after they've sold out.

• Advertisement

Not really the fault of the store if people still go in looking to buy copies after they've sold out.

True, my point is that the amount of stock is so pathetically small that it's not a nice way to get people to come to the shop. I think most people would expect there to be more than 20 availible and that it won't be gone in the first 5 minutes the store opens, but maybe that's just me.

I guess their a business so they gotta do what they gotta do.

Ebolanog wrote: »
    True, my point is that the amount of stock is so pathetically small that it's not a nice way to get people to come to the shop. I think most people would expect there to be more than 20 availible and that it won't be gone in the first 5 minutes the store opens, but maybe that's just me.

I guess their a business so they gotta do what they gotta do.

Tbh I'm surprised they even had 20. I would have expected 15 at the most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Do disc copies come with a map?

Yes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yakult wrote: »
    The console gods are calling me (again) just for this game... or do I wait X amount of months for PC release...

They've been calling me for a little while now as well, with this, Spiderman and GoW. May have to take the plunge at some stage soon.

It'll be years, not months till we see it on the pc unfortunately.

There's a free RDR2 theme (PS4) on the American store. Not seeing it on the Irish store

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHbBuziS3Q4

Thanks for this, actually a cool theme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Has anyone ordered directly from Rockstar and still not got theirs? Post man came and didn't bring anything so I don't know is it an post or some delivery service that Digital River have sent it out via? Slightly maddening.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mad queue in Smyths Jervis Street still - moving quickly but the amount of people is pretty crazy for a video game launch, especially after a midnight launch.

You can write the ‘record breaking sales’ headlines already.

Tbh I'm surprised they even had 20. I would have expected 15 at the most.[/quote/

I counted 4 or 5 people who bought the game before I did, but I don't know how many they bought, so I said 20 because I would like to give them a chance.

It's likely they bought 1 each and that there were probably around 10 in stock, I saw the box the manager had and it was tiny, it definitely couldn't hold more than 10 games in it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

I don't think you fully get why people get disks. It's a collector's thing also.

Havent bought a disk in years myself. But my best friend gets all the big games on disks purely so he can get the collectors edition
    I think the trade in thing is a big one for some to

100 hour weeks so people can do this.

jIf6jdI_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Seems to be a healthy amount in Argos's around the country..

.. picked up a copy there.. though they didn't issue the €5 voucher so had to ask for it.

Had to run for train, so won't get to play it til Sunday! :(

Basq wrote: »
    Seems to be a healthy amount in Argos's around the country..

.. picked up a copy there.. though they didn't issue the €5 voucher so had to ask for it.

Had to run for train, so won't get to play it til Sunday! :(

Did you get the dlc? Someone else posted earlier about getting stuff with the regular edition they assumed was for the special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I know it's dearer but argos and smyths seem to have plenty of copies in various stores

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zzfh

66 left in Argos Carlow at 11am. 5 mins download time remaining :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Ry wrote: »
    Has anyone ordered directly from Rockstar and still not got theirs? Post man came and didn't bring anything so I don't know is it an post or some delivery service that Digital River have sent it out via? Slightly maddening.

I'm in the same boat :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Can someone help me, how or where do i get the horse i got with the Special Edition. I dont know where to get it or look? I've half bonded with the one I got from the start of the game, will i have to start from scratch with this one?

Did you get the dlc? Someone else posted earlier about getting stuff with the regular edition they assumed was for the special.
    Barely looked at the box before throwing it in the car and parking up, so no clue.

Basq wrote: »
    Barely looked at the box before throwing it in the car and parking up, so no clue.
    uh-oh...hope it's still there when you get back :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,787 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Mad queue in Smyths Jervis Street still - moving quickly but the amount of people is pretty crazy for a video game launch, especially after a midnight launch.

You can write the ‘record breaking sales’ headlines already.

Sent the wife down to Smyths Blanch at 11am. Zero hassle. It's installing now for me while I sit here in work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭Damien360

Nalz wrote: »
    Sent the wife down to Smyths Blanch at 11am. Zero hassle. It's installing now for me while I sit here in work

You may buy her flowers and a bottle of wine on the way home. Tell her you will see her next Tuesday.

Disc in the boot of my car and I can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Ry wrote: »
    Digital River are terrible. I ordered WWE 2k19 as a present for my nephew's birthday. I pre-ordered the deluxe edition as it released 4 days early (standard issue release date was the 9th of Oct) and it was meant to arrive on the 5th of October in time for his birthday. It didn't ship until the 17th. I requested a refund on the 10th and they couldn't issue the refund as the order had "processed" in their factory. So it took them 7 days to ship the game after it was "processed" in the factory. Absolute wasters. Will never ever buy anything from them again.

uh-oh...hope it's still there when you get back :D
    Hid it in glovebox! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

This is really a new level of gaming. It's incredible what they have achieved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

murpho999 wrote: »
    I do get it but just not something for me. I do the same with music as well. Just prefer it that way.

If the price is the same I would get the download.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Nodferatu wrote: »
    Can someone help me, how or where do i get the horse i got with the Special Edition. I dont know where to get it or look? I've half bonded with the one I got from the start of the game, will i have to start from scratch with this one?

Was wondering the same and found below link which outlines when it becomes available.

https://twinfinite.net/2018/10/red-dead-redemption-2-war-horse-pre-order-dlc-how-redeem/

Advertisement