Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

I think it's stored in the saddle, not the horse? So should be there when you get a new one (don't quote me on that though, haven't killed mine yet! :D)

Will let you know. Hit a tree running from the law, Don't know where the horse is!

The Horse lives must have been stunned :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Playing in on the One X and can't get over how good this game looks. I just spent the last 5 minutes staring into a muddy puddle watching wagon wheels roll through it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

Brother got the game on our One X, I got PS4 Pro. Both on 1080p screens, very hard to see a difference after supersampling. X looks a bit better in the far distance if you get close to the screen but general gameplay is indistinguishable. Would probably be more noticable on a 4k Screen due to reconstruction used on Pro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

So came home to discover my missus has invited her cousin and new husband to dinner. Instead of shootin' varmints I'll be making small talk, yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,694 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

gimli2112 wrote: »
    The cover mechanic seems broken, a number of times I've hit R1 and jumped on top of instead of behind cover, takes me ages to get back in cover and the enemy AI can't his s**t. Running from cover to cover feels really awkward. At distance the auto aim just autolocks onto target, it's the exact opposite up close I'm all over the place with the pistols but this may just be me.
    It doesn't seem as intuitive as TLOU/Uncharted and these didn't have great shooting mechanics. Something like the Division is a lot better (in terms of combat). Maybe I should try first person?

I'm really loving it but think this may become more of an issue the more I play.

This is why I rarely buy games when they first come out. The reviews are normally about how great they look, how big it is, the level of characters etc.

One review I watched touched on this a bit (not in terms of combat) in that Rockstar seemed to have spent so much time on realism that they forgot that people also want to have fun playing a game.

Edit: In saying that I have bought this game!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,582 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Folks we’re aware it will be quite hard to police spoilers for a game that’s all about an ‘organic’ open world. But for the first few days at least if people would be considerate enough to post cool surprises or stories behind spoiler tags for those who might want a few hours to dig in themselves, that’d be much appreciated. Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,018 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The horse health core symbol keeps changing to something red. I thought it was food but I've fed him and it still happens.

Also, where do you pay off bounties? I'm afraid to go into Valentine because last time I did I was attacked almost straight away.

I'm enjoying the game so far, but I'm skeptical about the sheer amount of crafting and different things to refill bars of health/stamina/deadeye but then cores are different so you have to do those too, plus hunting etc. It feels quite cumbersome and I feel like I've spent as much time maintaining myself, the camp and my horse as doing fun things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I've let the camp go to to ****e but nobody has said anything yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Penn wrote: »
    It feels quite cumbersome and I feel like I've spent as much time maintaining myself, the camp and my horse as doing fun things.

Sounds like real life :pac:

How do you feed the horse, can't seem to find it, unless I haven't been 'shown how' in game yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

sweetie wrote: »
    So came home to discover my missus has invited her cousin and new husband got dinner. Instead of shootin' varmints I'll be making small talk, yay.

ive to go to a fecking halloween party......... i feel your pain

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Am I right in saying that the yellow mission markers on the map never go away and you can do them in whatever order you want?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,795 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Am I right in saying that the yellow mission markers on the map never go away and you can do them in whatever order you want?

Pretty much yeah! Do whatever tickles your fancy in whatever order you like and the other missions will stay there until completed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭rizzla

Yep, if a white mission marker pops up though I would do them as a priority. They can disappear if you progress the story too far and some can be time sensitive.

Ah man thought I had this downloaded and ready to go. Loaded it up and it tells me it needs an 88gb update :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah man thought I had this downloaded and ready to go. Loaded it up and it tells me it needs an 88gb update :-(

I think what happened there is the game downloads a small portion and the rest is done in the background, dunno why, think some games let you play a bit of the game with the initial download. The day one update is 3gb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,018 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Sounds like real life :pac:

How do you feed the horse, can't seem to find it, unless I haven't been 'shown how' in game yet?

You can approach the horse on foot and use the dpad to feed it (should be one of the prompts), or on the horse, hold L1, press R1 twice to choose the horse wheel, then you can use l2 or r2 to select different foods to give it.

Found out the symbol in red means I've to brush or clean the horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

2hwimwl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Anyone else do the mission yet where Arthur takes Lenny to the saloon in Valentine?
    That was gas, Arthur is some pisshead! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

shrewdness wrote: »
    After an early hunting mission with Hosea,
    I reenacted the famous scene from The Revenant! :O Somehow I survived and got the bear pelt but not without getting a good mauling first. Definitely worth going back later with better gear!
    I fucķing got the pelt too but then didnt know where to store it. I was trying to put it in a chest by my tent or something, as I wanted the space on my horse. Eventually I dropped it in the camp.. it said 'Items you drop in the camp will be stored in a convenient location'... great says I. Ride out of the camp and it said 'animal skin abandoned' and it's feckin gone!! :o

gimli2112 wrote: »
    The cover mechanic seems broken, a number of times I've hit R1 and jumped on top of instead of behind cover, takes me ages to get back in cover and the enemy AI can't his s**t. Running from cover to cover feels really awkward. At distance the auto aim just autolocks onto target, it's the exact opposite up close I'm all over the place with the pistols but this may just be me.
    It doesn't seem as intuitive as TLOU/Uncharted and these didn't have great shooting mechanics. Something like the Division is a lot better (in terms of combat). Maybe I should try first person?

I'm really loving it but think this may become more of an issue the more I play.

Cover is awkward. Im a wee bit concerned about the shooting at this stage too but may have to toggle settings or something. Certainly the shooting has changed since RDR... and it was absolutely magic in RDR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Does anyone know why I can't find the companion app in the play store?

shrewdness wrote: »
    Anyone else do the mission yet where Arthur takes Lenny to the saloon in Valentine?
    That was gas, Arthur is some pisshead! :pac:

Was very cool but seemed to me to totally rip off Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Does anyone know why I can't find the companion app in the play store?

Try the Rockstar website sure.

ive to go to a fecking halloween party......... i feel your pain

Lads its the 26th! Halloween isn't till Wednesday. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

I bought the game digital, its downloading with 2 days and still has 14 hours to go, is there anyway to cancel this and get the money back, my local supervalu still has copies i can buy the disc and hopefully make life easier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

jap gt wrote: »
    I bought the game digital, its downloading with 2 days and still has 14 hours to go, is there anyway to cancel this and get the money back, my local supervalu still has copies i can buy the disc and hopefully make life easier

If your on playstation, if you enable downloads in rest mode and down load it in rest mode it will come in faster.

You might be lucky if its Xbox, contact Microsoft support. You would have to stop it know though, It does say no refunds but I bought stuff in the past which said no refunds and got the refund (Mistakenly downloaded) not too sure about PSN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

If your on playstation, if you enable downloads in rest mode and down load it in rest mode it will come in faster.

Yeah have it in rest mode, on ps4 guess il just have to wait it out, stupid slow internet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

Yeah have it in rest mode, on ps3 guess il just have to wait it out, stupid slow internet

What download speed do u have ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,410 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

So I went to feed my lovely horse (actually the name I gave it) some sugar lumps and instead of pressing L2 to access the horse menu, I accidentally pressed R2 and punched him. We were on a cliff at the time, he kicked out at me and knocked me down, killing me instantly.

Already one of my favourite games ever. The random stuff that’s happened to me so far is unreal, and I’ve only put in around 9 hours.

Advertisement