Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,199 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Kinda wish you could name your horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

J. Marston wrote: »
    Kinda wish you could name your horse.

You can!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Your lucky I get f*** all

Same problem. Reset password and I get nothing. Register and I'm told the email is taken. Ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Game does a poor job explaining controls, maybe it's in a manual with the physical copy or comes up in the game later but while aiming press up on the d=pad to fire a warning shot and left to switch shoulders.
    ERG89 wrote: »
    No manuals in 2018, I miss the old Rockstar ones. They were always fun to look through.

Download the RDR 2 companion app for iOS or Android and it has a manual there that you can download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,787 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Don't like this looking after camp, shaving and eating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Nalz wrote: »
    Don't like this looking after camp, shaving and eating.

Neither do I. Pain in the hole. Reminds me of having to go bowling with my cousin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Bought the special been playing since early on how do you go about using the story items you get with this version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,410 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Everyone who’s gotten to Valentine, you know
    that guy in the saloon with the cool hat? At some point he’ll start a fist fight with you and if you knock him out, you can take his hat! :D

(Picture isn’t really a spoiler without context, but some people are staying ultra-safe here for some reason so I’ll warn just in case)

Shave? want to see if the beard actually grows!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Whats the story with setting waypoints pressing A does nothing!?

It does press A while the location you want to go to is in the centre of the marker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Be careful riding across country. I rode straight over a cliff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Really enjoying this so far, flat out all day! Slightly disappointed by the combat mechanics. Also haven't done a single camp upgrade. Seems like a lot of effort and planning to hunt specific animals, also where do you get the leather workings thing for all satchel upgrades?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I just paid for the camp upgrades. Not done any hunting yet. So much to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I just paid for the camp upgrades. Not done any hunting yet. So much to do.

You can just pay for them? How?

It does press A while the location you want to go to is in the centre of the marker.

It doesn't do it for me at all. Can't exit the ledger there also wtf......

Wants me to purchase an upgrade I think but I don't have the cash just bought a Springfield. Save you a headache don't enter the ledger unless you have the Funds for an upgrade.

No idea why it keeps asking me to draw also that happening for anyone else??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,995 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

dulux99 wrote: »
    Neither do I. Pain in the hole. Reminds me of having to go bowling with my cousin.

I preferred getting drunk with Packie ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

No idea why it keeps asking me to draw also that happening for anyone else??

If its asking you to draw, hold down left on the d-pad, this opens your journal, and should begin to draw the scene. Some of the journal entry's are interesting reads, let's you know what Arthur's frame of thought is as the game progresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I just greeted a cop and he pulled his gun and done me in. The ****.

If its asking you to draw, hold down left on the d-pad, this opens your journal, and should begin to draw the scene. Some of the journal entry's are interesting reads, let's you know what Arthur's frame of thought is as the game progresses.

Its asking to draw a weapon though. Happens when in towns and in the midlle of nowhere.

Be pretty great having the full screen map on my 2nd monitor anyone recommend any Android emulators for PC? Wish there was an actual pc version of the app!

• Advertisement

Bluestacks is the most popular android emulator i think, years since I used it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Was on the way to a main story mission yesterday but by the time I got there it told me it was locked out cos I committed a crime or some such. Have no idea what I did, the marker was yellow until I pretty much dismounted my horse when I got there. I did tip off a dog when pulling up, surely that's not considered a crime.

How do you get the pre order bonuses? I have the pre order bonus pack downloaded but then what? I'm on xbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

How do you get the pre order bonuses? I have the pre order bonus pack downloaded but then what? I'm on xbox

About half way down tells you when you can collect bonuses

https://twinfinite.net/2018/10/red-dead-redemption-2-war-horse-pre-order-dlc-how-redeem/

I'v tried getting companion app on Bluestacks but didnt work out. Any word of it coming to Windows ?

Edit : Figured out how to install on Bluestacks without playstore but isnt compatible.

Wish I'd seen this before trying myself and wasting a bit of time trying to get it running.

Remember the smartglass app for the Xbox 360? That was great for games like Forza Horizon and having your map on a second monitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

The app is a good way of reading the journal.

It shows you your story, in Arthur's words.
    It also shows his thoughts on the side missions and drawings of the wildlife you've noted so far.

Actually, It seems you have to "inspect" each animal to get it logged, kinda like in No Man Sky. Think it's with the L1 options, if I remember correctly.
    If you kill and skin an animal does it get auto logged?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The companion app is so impressive. The live map showing your player and movement and being able to zoom in/out and set way points, very handy.

Also, the camera selfie and straight to the social club is class as well, just like gta v.

0_0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

found something worse than the combat...… the poker. flopped a flush, went all in other guy busted me hitting a full house on the river. Considered shooting him but I had just paid off my bounty.

I keep accidentally murdering people in cold blood. Saved a guy being robbed, killed the bandits, he then startled me, hopping up off the ground and I shot him in the head. I'm on the run again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,259 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Wish I'd seen this before trying myself and wasting a bit of time trying to get it running.

Remember the smartglass app for the Xbox 360? That was great for games like Forza Horizon and having your map on a second monitor.

Is there a way to cast your mobile screen to a chromecast plugged into your monitor or anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Your some lad gimli

Advertisement