Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I keep accidentally murdering people in cold blood. Saved a guy being robbed, killed the bandits, he then startled me, hopping up off the ground and I shot him in the head. I'm on the run again.

Accidentally...sure :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,259 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

found something worse than the combat...… the poker. flopped a flush, went all in other guy busted me hitting a full house on the river. Considered shooting him but I had just paid off my bounty.

I keep accidentally murdering people in cold blood. Saved a guy being robbed, killed the bandits, he then startled me, hopping up off the ground and I shot him in the head. I'm on the run again.

Gimli I think your a menace to society :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm only at the start of valentine, doing some jobs for the camp, bit overwhelming. Not sure whether to invest in the camp early, any advantages? Worried we might move camp and all the stuff will be gone.

Brilliant when I searched a
    horse saddlebag, was not expecting that :pac:

Also, the 'toggle to run' accessibility option is very handy, saves you holding x.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'd invest in
    fast travel, travelling on horseback isn't really a chore at this stage but it's good to get the FT option

You can toggle run? That's the first thing I do when I log back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,215 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Really enjoying this so far, flat out all day! Slightly disappointed by the combat mechanics. Also haven't done a single camp upgrade. Seems like a lot of effort and planning to hunt specific animals, also where do you get the leather workings thing for all satchel upgrades?

You have to do a mission that unlocks the ledger for the camp, they are at the back of the ledger to buy

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'm only at the start of valentine, doing some jobs for the camp, bit overwhelming. Not sure whether to invest in the camp early, any advantages? Worried we might move camp and all the stuff will be gone.

Also, the 'toggle to run' accessibility option is very handy, saves you holding x.

Upgrade Dutchs tent first, it will up the amount the rest up the gang contribute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,995 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

found something worse than the combat...… the poker. flopped a flush, went all in other guy busted me hitting a full house on the river. Considered shooting him but I had just paid off my bounty.

Addicted to chaos.

I've been riding around with an unconscious stranger I found on a beach with no idea what to do with him , the letter he had was no help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Upgrade Dutchs tent first, it will up the amount the rest up the gang contribute.

I did that and
    haven't noticed much difference. The rest of them are terrible tight fisted b******s

I've been riding around with an unconscious stranger I found on a beach with no idea what to do with him , the letter he had was no help.

Take him to the butcher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

The sound of a wounded deer tho :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Backlash is too strong a word but i'm seeing a lot of complaints online about the slow controls and mechanics (can't run in camp, takes ages to loot etc), clunky aiming etc.

I'm actually enjoying the slow nature of it, makes it feel more grounded. Saying that, I'm very early on so might get tedious as it goes on bit it's an extremely immersive game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,795 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Loving it so far but just can’t wait for the online sulky stunt races!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Loving it so far but just can’t wait for the online sulky stunt races!

There's talks of Rockstar introducing a microtransaction that allows you to get a DLC Hiace to draft behind #gamebreaker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Backlash is too strong a word but i'm seeing a lot of complaints online about the slow controls and mechanics (can't run in camp, takes ages to loot etc), clunky aiming etc.

not being able to run in the camp is the only thing that annoys me about the game so far

I've killed and skinned 4 or 5 deer now but only one n counted for the hunting challenge :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

Did you get the dlc? Someone else posted earlier about getting stuff with the regular edition they assumed was for the special.

Don't know if this was answered further down but I got mine in Argos, standard edition and it came with the pre order code inside. They'll probably only have this for the stock they got in before release so it'll only have them till they sell out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Zero-Cool wrote: »

What happened if you don't mind me asking? :pac:

Thanks for that, didn't even realise! Gotta enable that next I play!

• Advertisement

Wing126 wrote: »
    What happened if you don't mind me asking? :pac:

Thanks for that, didn't even realise! Gotta enable that next I play!
    horse tied to a post on valentine. Said I'd help myself to the contents in its saddlebag. As soon as I touched him, he gave me a kick that sent me flying :)

I just read that holding down options/start button opens up the map without going through the menu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I saw some bandits attacking a family I helped earlier. I hopped off my horse and ran towards them. Halfway there, I realised the only weapon I had was a knife, so had to run back to the horse to get my guns. But every time I approached him, he ran away from me, so the family were killed. I almost rage quit.

Is there anyway to save your weapons on you? It's driving me mad that even the pistol is disappearing randomly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

My pre order warhorse was shot dead. Don't think I can get it back. That's so frustrating.

Edit: never mind I can just reclaim at the stable, think I've to start afresh though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Is there a big download when installing this game from disc??? The internet is crap at home so i dont know if it is worth getting the game until i can bring my Xbox to somewhere else for any potential download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

alta stare wrote: »
    Is there a big download when installing this game from disc??? The internet is crap at home so i dont know if it is worth getting the game until i can bring my Xbox to somewhere else for any potential download.

Not sure Internet connection matters when installing from a disc, think it all just copies from disc to console

Are ya still carrying that lad around on your horsey?

stephenl15 wrote: »
    My pre order warhorse was shot dead. Don't think I can get it back. That's so frustrating.

Edit: never mind I can just reclaim at the stable, think I've to start afresh though :(

I just spent a whole 9 dollars on the horse revive potion. So if your horse dies, you can just reclaim him but start from 0 bond? The revive might come in handy so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

hmm seems like nobody could get bluestack to work. Android version it emulates is not compatible. There seems to be a good few emulators out there though might try the chrome one ARChon.

Finally received about 12 password resets from Rockstar.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Are ya still carrying that lad around on your horsey?

No I reloaded that save as I wasn't sure what to do with him. I'd brought him to the railway station and put him down and I triggered a bounty on myself.

If you want to find him for yourself he's on the beach more or less due south of the railway station you play poker in early in the game during the mission involving the reverend. There will be an X there on the map.

• Advertisement
Advertisement