Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I just spent a whole 9 dollars on the horse revive potion. So if your horse dies, you can just reclaim him but start from 0 bond? The revive might come in handy so.

I had one but I got shot dead too :D and yep it's just there in the stable as if you were claiming it the first time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Not sure Internet connection matters when installing from a disc, think it all just copies from disc to console

I thought there may be an initial update or something but if there isnt happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Loving this. Went treasure hunting last night, some craic.

For people wondering about the app, it seems it's not compatible with most android versions which is why it's not appearing in the store. There's a workaround apparently, gonna give that a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Just got mauled by a bear. Somehow using dead eye on his paws didn't kill him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

alta stare wrote: »
    I thought there may be an initial update or something but if there isnt happy days.

3gb day one update

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

On the off chance anyone got the Xamarin library for Visual Studio Community Installed? That has a bunch of versions for andriod emulators.

Meaning to install it but don't have the space (9+gb library) would make the space if it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

How long is the plot in this game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭Doodah7

wadacrack wrote: »
    How long is the plot in this game?

C. 60 hours apparently. #valueformoney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭recyclops

has anyone ran into a ufo yet, I was just walking around a hut that had a dead family in it and I'm sure a ufo came overhead for half a minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

No I reloaded that save as I wasn't sure what to do with him. I'd brought him to the railway station and put him down and I triggered a bounty on myself.

If you want to find him for yourself he's on the beach more or less due south of the railway station you play poker in early in the game during the mission involving the reverend. There will be an X there on the map.

I guess you tried your best to help him. I wouldn't know what to do with him either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

My pre order warhorse was shot dead. Don't think I can get it back. That's so frustrating.

Edit: never mind I can just reclaim at the stable, think I've to start afresh though :(

How do you get the pre order horse

Put the code into the ps store and go to the stable

Once you enter the code and download from the store, you'll be able to get it from the stable in valentine when you get there in a mission. I'm not there yet but that's what I read.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Put the code into the ps store and go to the stable

Thanks, i have digital version, guess the horse should automatically be there once i reach that mission.

Warhorse was waiting in the stable for me as a free horse. Didn't pre-order per say purchased a DL code. What was the other bonus in game cash or discount from stores?
    One of the hunting missions gets you to sell a horse could get the warhorse then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,198 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Doodah7 wrote: »
    C. 60 hours apparently. #valueformoney

Probably 60 hours because they're forcing you to stroll about 70% of the time. So far, at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Ah so the warhorse was a free pre order bonus. I was wondering why the feck it was free!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I saw some guy getting a bucket of water thrown on top of him from a balcony. The drenched fella quipped "that's my best shirt" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I just spent a whole 9 dollars on the horse revive potion. So if your horse dies, you can just reclaim him but start from 0 bond? The revive might come in handy so.

I rode off a ledge and had a nasty tumble, horse was dying and I gave him a revive, pretty sure I still had the bond after. Just played poker again and got called going all in twice
    A9 v AQ
    99 v JJ
    Poker's going to become very dangerous for the people I'm playing against soon
    The drinking mission was hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,410 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I rode off a ledge and had a nasty tumble, horse was dying and I gave him a revive, pretty sure I still had the bond after. Just played poker again and got called going all in twice
    A9 v AQ
    99 v JJ
    Poker's going to become very dangerous for the people I'm playing against soon
    The drinking mission was hilarious

Poker is definitely scripted to a degree in this, I also got caught going all in a couple of times. I’ve found the trick is not to be the aggressor too often, just keep ticking along until you have a good hand and someone else makes a decent bet. Nothing like how it’d go down in real life mostly, but of course there’ll be limitations to the AI for what’s essentially a mini-game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I’ve done first story , I find it quite slow.

In GTA you can jump in a car and go anywhere quickly. Maybe I will get into it but not chomping on the bit after doing the first story and lassoing that lad.

skerry wrote: »
    I had to redeem the gta dollars code to make horse available

How's does the preorder work with digital. On ps4.

Did the mission to unlock the stable, there was a grey horse for free but the stats were average enough.

Kenjataimu wrote: »

Did the mission to unlock the stable, there was a grey horse for free but the stats were average enough.

Was expecting there to be decent stats myself I'd say the horse is also available for in game purchase if you didn't pre-order but you would probably pass on it based on its stats. Pretty crappy bonus tbh.

That's the horse

That's the girl, just got it myself. You'll know because it's type is war. I read it's a brilliant horse but seems average enough. But like Moss said in the IT crowd "she's not much to look at but she's got a heart of gold"

Speaking of the mission, I had 30 dollars, sold my horse for 15 (I think) bought my new horse for free and then I had 95 dollars. Then I bought a stupid blanket by mistake for 15. Anyone know where all the money came from??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I got the 2nd treasure map...

How in the name of **** are you supposed to know where that area is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Only realised there’s a colourblind mode. I was having difficulty following the paths to waypoints before now.

That's the girl, just got it myself. You'll know because it's type is war. I read it's a brilliant horse but seems average enough. But like Moss said in the IT crowd "she's not much to look at but she's got a heart of gold"

I was expecting a horse that looked like the warhorse from RDR1.
    I've decided to name my horses after whiskeys.
    So I named her Bulleit.

I'll have to shop around for Jameson, Suntory and Proper 12 :pac:

• Advertisement

On the off chance anyone got the Xamarin library for Visual Studio Community Installed? That has a bunch of versions for andriod emulators.

Meaning to install it but don't have the space (9+gb library) would make the space if it works!

I'll have a look later at that, I've VS installed on my machine 9gb on top the 40gb it's currently using won't kill me :D

Advertisement