Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,198 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Went for a bath earlier.

X to scrub left arm
    Square to scrub right arm
    Triangle to scrub left leg

There is attention to detail and then there is disappearing up your own hole in the search for attention to detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I seem to have lost a couple of horses for no apparent reason. I give a whistle and some other sh*te horse comes along instead of the one I’ve spent money on and put the time in with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

So apparently there is a setting in Display that turns on GPS routing options, now waypoints work, don't remember turning it off!
    Calling the Sheriff a fool insta $15 bounty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Anyone able to help me,
    I freed a prisoner from some guards out on the road by shooting the lock off somewhere near Saint Denis. The prisoner told me of a house I could rob with lots of cash and it was put into my map as far as I remember.
    So I just travelled back to camp, but next time I checked the map, it wasn't there, Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭rizzla

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Anyone able to help me,
    I freed a prisoner from some guards out on the road by shooting the lock off somewhere near Saint Denis. The prisoner told me of a house I could rob with lots of cash and it was put into my map as far as I remember.
    So I just travelled back to camp, but next time I checked the map, it wasn't there, Any ideas?

Hold left on the d-pad. It should be in your list of tasks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

What’s the story with these flashing white dot random encounters? If you miss them will they respawn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

He should have given you a treasure map? Check your items. It might appear then.
    No definitely didn't get a treasure map.
    rizzla wrote: »
    Hold left on the d-pad. It should be in your list of tasks.

Cheers will try that when back on tomorrow :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Db5nxhCU8AAZi3f.jpg

What time is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,198 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Did the mission where you buy your first horse. I felt really sorry for the cheap raggedy one. I wanted to bring him back to the camp to give him a good home.

Instead I got my cool pre-order warhorse and named him Bojack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

how do you retrieve your hat from your horse?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,410 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

how do you retrieve your hat from your horse?

Hold L1 for the horse weapon menu, cycle over to the “Horse” tab and if I remember correctly, it’s around the bottom right of that circle. You can keep up to three hats on your horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,410 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

A little tip-off for those in Strawberry looking to make a few dollars in dishonest cash (not a glitch or anything like that, just criminal), don’t read if you want to stumble upon it yourself and definitely don’t read if you haven’t done any missions there yet:
    I’m not sure if you can do this before you bust Micah out of jail and rack up the bounty, I didn’t notice it then, but I paid it off and went back and found this out. In the basement of the general store in Strawberry, the shopkeeper is running a secret distillery. When you look at the shop from across the road, you’ll see a set of stairs in front of the shop, and under that there’s a basement window. Approach it and it’ll give you a prompt to peep in and see the hidden operation (only during business hours). When the lawmen aren’t looking in the window of the shop, head in and put the bandana on (only once you’re inside the shop or you risk attracting unwanted attention) and aim your gun at the shopkeeper to start the robbery. You’ll have the option of asking him about the basement and he’ll open it up for you (while he’s doing this, you can rob the register too). You can loot all the alcohol down there and he has a lump of cash stored in a hole in the wall which he’ll point out. You can take everything and then remove the bandana, go upstairs and leave the shop and town without even being noticed as he stays in the basement. Only worth around $60 I think but it’s a nice chunk early on for little effort and low risk with no bounty if done right.

I’d always recommend stumbling upon cool secrets like this on your own, but if you’re really strapped for cash it’s a handy one to know about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Those horse kicks can be fatal. Was going to help a fella and his horse gave him an almighty kick. Instant death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I keep wondering "where the fcuk is my hat?"

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I keep wondering "where the fcuk is my hat?"

Did ya lose it in a fight, son?

anytime I stop playing I struggle to come to terms with the fact I'm not really a cowboy

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ConnyMcDavid

After the mission at the beginning where you are in the mountain looking for John. When you come back to camp my weapons have disappeared? Anyone know what the deal is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

I'm fcukin wrecked. I got about 5 hours sleep between the last 2 nights. The Solpadeine and Sudafed aint workin no more.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

After the mission at the beginning where you are in the mountain looking for John. When you come back to camp my weapons have disappeared? Anyone know what the deal is.

Afaik you don’t have weapons in the camp. They are on your horse and you’ll get them back when you leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

The one thing I don't like is when you get off your horse to go hunting or whatever, you will get a while into your hunt and then you will realise all your weapons are on your horse.

When I eqipe weapons just leave them equipped ffs, stop storing them on the horse everytime I get on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah there's enough mechanics to remember without being able to auto take your rifle/bow with you.

I found a lady trapped under a horse, brought her back to valentine, very interesting story and then she jumps off, screams and runs away. Then some chump starts a first fight with me. Turns out I had a bounty but the only thing I did there previously was punch an o Driscoll and the sherrif just made me move along, didn't know I had a bounty.

Was hoping to finish that little side story an all.

Just paid the bounty, said I'd talk to the paper boy. Pressed R2 instead of l2 and sent a bullet whizzing by his head. I really need to learn all the buttons/mechanics! Pity there wasn't a Westworld lab type level where you could go into a simulated saloon, prescribe the mechanics and have no consequences if you feck up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

anytime I stop playing I struggle to come to terms with the fact I'm not really a cowboy

I referred to someone as Mr. *Surname*. Yeah that was a bit awkward.

Buy yourself a rope and start lasoo-ing.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Pity there wasn't a Westworld lab type level where you could go into a simulated saloon, prescribe the mechanics and have no consequences if you feck up.

Unlike real life it's real easy to accidentally shoot someone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Unlike real life it's real easy to accidentally shoot someone

You’re clearly not American.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭recyclops

Does anyone know is it possible to bring up a tasks list. I managed to see it once but can't get it again 😔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

recyclops wrote: »
    Does anyone know is it possible to bring up a tasks list. I managed to see it once but can't get it again 😔

Tap left on d pad

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

If you have your pistol locked on someone/something and press the up button on the d pad, he will point gun up to the sky allowing you to fire a warning shot to intimidate rather than kill.

Some folk will hand over their loot

Do the cheats disable the trophies / achievements I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Do the cheats disable the trophies / achievements I wonder?

Yeah all trophies/achievements are disabled when a cheat is activated, I read in in a review somewhere.

Advertisement