Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Yeah all trophies/achievements are disabled when a cheat is activated, I read in in a review somewhere.

Rightfully so

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭coconnellz

Yeah all trophies/achievements are disabled when a cheat is activated, I read in in a review somewhere.

Yeah and I also read that you can't save your progress after activating the cheats, it's only when disabling the cheats can you save the game again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Anyone playing pure evil or pure honourable? Any benefit either way? I know honour gets you discounts but I was trying to be honourable and barely made any progress up the line and it's a little boring. Think I'm gonna lean more towards evil now. Better for cash and more fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It's very hard to play pure honourable, feel like I have to go out of my way to be nice to people which takes away from the immersion with Arthur.

Like I was walking along, greeted a fella, he started chatting shyte, I tried to defuse and he started attacking me. I knocked him out and got dishonor for it. Bollox acting.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    It's very hard to play pure honourable, feel like I have to go out of my way to be nice to people which takes away from the immersion with Arthur.

Like I was walking along, greeted a fella, he started chatting shyte, I tried to defuse and he started attacking me. I knocked him out and got dishonor for it. Bollox acting.

Yeah found that myself. Bolox to it,dishonourable it is :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,198 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

How important is upgrading the camp? Don't want to be giving too much of my money to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Yeah found that myself. Bolox to it,dishonourable it is :D

Plus, it does seem more fun. I found a house earlier, robbed the place blind. Kept thinking what I would do if the guy came back, turned out I didn't really care, my camp needs upgrading! On the flip side, I'd like to help people as I come across them to open up stories. Witcher did this best, no honor system. Be a hero when you want, be a gowl when you want, no punishment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

You can set a waypoint. Then start galloping towards it, enter cinematic mode and your horse will keep going following the path automatically. Very handy for the further away points. I'm typing this as my horse gets on with it :D

J. Marston wrote: »
    How important is upgrading the camp? Don't want to be giving too much of my money to it.

Mines fully upgraded I went out of my way to do one of the treasure maps and and had 2k in about 25 minutes of going to A to B to C other than fast travel and the leather working tools there isn't the return on that kind of investment I can see for the moment.

My horse was shot dead again. Will have to bond all over again fuming. Anyone know is there a definite best horse in the game? I've seen varying opinions online, some saying the war horse is right up there, but now that I've to start again, I wanna get the best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

There are some fine lookin' wagons in the game.

They have to patch in being able to run in camp. What is the reasoning behind it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

I've given up trying to get the app on emulators on the PC. I found a lot of references to a PC version (app and possibly actual PC version rdr2) so probably just a matter of time before the app is compatible with PC.
    They have to patch in being able to run in camp. What is the reasoning behind it?

Yeah definitely or at least walk much much quicker. I'd say its so you don't piss off Dutch or the other NPC's in camp if you bump into them.

I've given up trying to get the app on emulators on the PC. I found a lot of references to a PC version (app and possibly actual PC version rdr2) so probably just a matter of time before the app is compatible with PC.

Yeah definitely or at least walk much much quicker. I'd say its so you don't piss off Dutch or the other NPC's in camp if you bump into them.

Make them non-collision. When you see what level of detail they've achieved in the rest of the world, coding a dozen characters to be non-collidible in a small area can't be that big a task.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I always go good maybe it's my nature, but Arthur makes me want to be bad.

I'd settle for being be to fast travel back to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Riding your horse to a mission only for mission to be locked once u arrive because of crimes you've committed but dont have a bounty for.

If i commit a crime and leave no witnesses, is it even a crime?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Does the Xbox download for this provide an early “Ready to Play”?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

quarryman wrote: »
    Does the Xbox download for this provide an early “Ready to Play”?

Not that I recall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,410 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Only now do I realise how little I’ve actually seen of this game, and I’ve put in a lot of hours already. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    You can set a waypoint. Then start galloping towards it, enter cinematic mode and your horse will keep going following the path automatically. Very handy for the further away points. I'm typing this as my horse gets on with it :D

Thanks for that, I'm getting so bored of the long long long horse rides

Theres a cinematic mode?

The game made a point to explain this a few times to me, you hold down the select button or what ever it's called now and then push right stick in to change the view.

Saw this on reddit thought it might be handy for others, was annoying getting poor or good skins every time.

sIdy439.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Is there a way of counting your in game hours? Afair GTAV had somewhere you could check it out...

Otherwise, this is the best game ever....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was coming out of the camp and fellas on a carriage came bursting out of the trees saying "your dead!", I got an awful fright!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,215 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Riding along Valentine and two guys come flying out of the bar fighting over one of their wives

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭steven087

Anyone having trouble with compatability issues on andriod and can't download the app.. I have a fix ☺ give me a shout....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Some Italian lad challenged me to a shooting competition. He won and the wager was $15 and was getting cranky when I wouldn’t pay up so I shot him. Ho hum...

• Advertisement
Advertisement