Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭eggy81

Amy word of any patches for the little annoyances in this yet. Sounds like there's quiet a few things can be improved upon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Found a guy who wanted me to lead him to strawberry last night, so I said I'd help him as I was going there anyway. Hopped on my horse and he decides he going to walk ffs.

Off I hop and lead roach by her harness between us as we walk but the guy is constantly trying to get closer to me and bumping into the horse and ends up fleeing in terror saying he doesn't want my help any more. It's **** like that that really annoys me.

You should have shot him while he was running away from you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Digital Foundry are saying that the HDR mode is fundamentally useless, as it's just an SDR image "upscaled" to HDR, meaning that there's literally no benefit to having it on.

In fact, it's got a potential to increase burn in, which means I'm going to play it in SDR on my OLED now.

Mental stuff, hope we get an answer as to why they went down this path.

Just a note on honor I'm I'd say 80-85% to the right of that bar so in decent standing noticed in the general stats under player with honor highlighted I have a 25% store discount so basically thats what that gets you. Maybe someone who is at the other end can check and see what they get?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I'm about 85% in the bad honor. It's hard to be good. Too much looting to be done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Rebel_Kn1ght

One of my friends found a gold bar in a lock box yesterday so a few of us went to the same place and we all got the gold bar too. Wondering if theres a few more fixed locations where I can pick them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just a note on honor I'm I'd say 80-85% to the right of that bar so in decent standing noticed in the general stats under player with honor highlighted I have a 25% store discount so basically thats what that gets you. Maybe someone who is at the other end can check and see what they get?

Here's a link to the table with honor rewards. Rank 7 unlocks new outfits and rank 8 gives 50% discount in stores. There are a lot of screenshots from the strategy guide on the red dead redemption subreddit showing different guides

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/9rx967/list_of_honour_rewards_by_tier_official_guide/

One of my friends found a gold bar in a lock box yesterday so a few of us went to the same place and we all got the gold bar too. Wondering if theres a few more fixed locations where I can pick them?

There is a cave with a statues puzzle that has 3 gold bars worth $500 dollars each

• Registered Users Posts: 15,694 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Have a question. I can lasso whilst mounted on the horse, but everytime I go to get off the rope unwinds and the person gets up.

So is it that you can only lasso and hogtie whilst off your horse or am I missing something?

Also, what is the deal with a saved game? It doesn't put you back to where you saved it (close) but it also seems you can loose some events.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Have a question. I can lasso whilst mounted on the horse, but everytime I go to get off the rope unwinds and the person gets up.

So is it that you can only lasso and hogtie whilst off your horse or am I missing something?

Also, what is the deal with a saved game? It doesn't put you back to where you saved it (close) but it also seems you can loose some events.

I think I keep L2 pressed?

I don't think you can hogtie while on your horse but you can get off while someone is lasso'd

Cheers guys, thought I had tried that but obviously not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Was it in that.... [Removed Spoiler]

I got 4 for doing one of the treasure hunts

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Was it in.....

Spoilers FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Rebel_Kn1ght

Was it in that
    burned down town, in the sheriff's office under the desk
    ?

Yes it was, I've looked online thinking there would be more and apparently there's a glitch for that gold bar where you can collect multiple bars. I'm not really interested in glitching but if there's another one or two proper bars lying around I'd be interested to know where

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

A few days behind most as delivery was slow to Spain. Dear God, the noise from wounded animals is gut wrenching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Leroy42 wrote:
    Spoilers FFS

Sorry, no way to spoiler tag on Android app afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Apart from playing about 6 hours on Friday, I neglected the game.

Went into Valentine got in a scuffle and went off to find the O'Driscolls, apart from that and a bit of wondering around the area of the camp, I've done very little.

I feel ashamed of myself. Going to put in a proper shift of it this week though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,548 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

[Spoi*ler] put text here[/spoi*ler]

You type your reply like this without the star

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

there is :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

At what point does the game “open up” and let you go explore and wander?

It seems there’s always a number of hours you need to play to enable all the gameplay mechanics and allow free playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭Damien360

quarryman wrote: »
    At what point does the game “open up” and let you go explore and wander?

It seems there’s always a number of hours you need to play to enable all the gameplay mechanics and allow free playing.

You can ignore the missions and go on a shooting spree. Not much fun in that. The stories are very funny. I admit the horse riding forever gets boring but if you go off the beaten path, you find side missions which have brilliant characters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    That cave find bugged out on me, couldn't pick up the arm.
    you don't need to pick up the arm, you just push button on statue with only one arm along with other Statues mentioned in video i posted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,255 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Apart from playing about 6 hours on Friday, I neglected the game.

Went into Valentine got in a scuffle and went off to find the O'Driscolls, apart from that and a bit of wondering around the area of the camp, I've done very little.

I feel ashamed of myself. Going to put in a proper shift of it this week though.

I'm worse. Thought I'd get a good few hours in over the weekend but ended up with an hour on Friday evening and then had to be an adult for the next three days with Overtime, exam study and visiting family :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I'm worse. Thought I'd get a good few hours in over the weekend but ended up with an hour on Friday evening and then had to be an adult for the next three days with Overtime, exam study and visiting family :(

Never worth it. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Three trophies popped up for me when i turned it on this morning - trophies that I should have gotten yesterday or the day before. Did this happen with anyone else? They were specific trophies that other people on my friends list seemed to have gotten around the same time as me.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Started off trying to play honourable, but blowing lads heads off with the shotgun and throwing dynamite at carriages really is too much fun to watch.

Love this game a real masterpiece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Where is the cheapest B&M store to buy this in at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

In the ledger at the camp, it seems I'm the only one contributing anything to the pot, by way of gold pocket watches and other such loot - never my own cash, which I need for outfits and bounties. Is there a way to get others to bother their hoops contributing, or is it just gonna be me?! :)

I'd say I'm well over 20 hours in and I've only
    broken Michah out of Strawberry
    . Other than that, I'm spending my time looking for bounties to pay off the one I incurred helping that plonker so that I can go find
    Javier Escuella
    in relative peace.

I have to say I'm loving this, definitely a top 3 game. I see the faults people are listing here, but really only after they've mentioned them - they don't bother me all that much, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Hogzy wrote: »
    Where is the cheapest B&M store to buy this in at the moment?

Super Value was the cheapest if they still have it in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Absolutely loving this. My one gripe so far is the Law recognise you instantly if they see you.

I even went so far as changing all my clothes, shaving, changing horses and putting up a mask all the way to valentine.

Robbed the back of the doctors office, hogtied the first deputy who comes in without him seeing me.

So here I am, back office robbed, dead o Driscolls with one lawman on the ground hogtied. Wanted bar is still just that, no additional bounty yet.

As soon as I run out the front, bounty jumps up to 11.50.

Is there anyway to rob the Doctors office without getting recognised?

Advertisement