Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

@Frankie, About where you are
    I was confused by that the way the map goes red after strawberry but only realised later it's only strawberry is in lockdown and where Javier is in blackwater is in constant red from the beginning of the game, no bounty pay will change that. After strawberry, I made a bee line for Javier and it was grand, you don't have to worry about the bounty down there if you're just going to Javier

But yeah, no one else is contributing bar the very odd pocket watch from someone. I upgraded Dutch's tent first which is supposed to get everyone else contributing but they're all useless.

After strawberry, head back to the camp
    there was no mission icon, I just went back to drop off some funds and found everyone having a party. You can drink beer and join in sing songs, was a great laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Sometimes it can be good craic just going around the camp talking to everyone, you can find out about different things that way. Does anyone else just go around with Arthur being a cranky bastard sometimes? I always antagonize Bill and Micah especially, and one time I told Jack he was big enough now and it was about time he pulled his weight around the camp, and he ran off crying to his mother!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Funniest thing that happened me in this so far was the first night playing...I was getting used to the greeting everyone bit, when I was passing a random encounter who was obviously having trouble with his horse's rear shoe or hoof as he had it up between his knees and consoling it ('oh you poor thing'). I greeted the chap and he put the hoof down momentarily to return my friendly greeting, only to be kicked in the head by the horse, killing him stone dead :pac: :pac: :D Ooops!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Hogzy wrote: »
    Where is the cheapest B&M store to buy this in at the moment?

Super valu if they have stock left at 50e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Only started playing this yesterday, and love it so far.

The randomness of the world is great. I love greeting NPCs to see what their reaction would be. After the
    Bear hunting mission
    , I was free roaming through the land, when I encountered a man prospecting for gold in a river. Pleasant enough chap, until I walked up to him, and he became aggressive. So I lamped him one, knocked him spark out with one punch and sent him sailing on down the river:pac:

I'm neither good or bad, I'll decide on my course of action in the moment.

I currently have a $150 bounty on my head in Valentine. Achieved via a simple bit of hunting deer, followed by a dope on a horse that ploughed into me, sending me, my horse and my deer scattering. So i arrowed him in the forehead. Got witnessed hiding the body in a forested area. So i also arrowed the witness... only to be witnessed again! Eventually, after killing about 5 people, and 2 cops, i managed to get away. With my deerskin in poor condition!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

While I was walking through a small town, there was there two fellers furiously exchanging words. No love lost between them. So I decided to intervene, and my intervention wasn't welcomed. One of the fellers shot the other feller dead, and the remaining feller challenged me to a duel. He lost :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Is there
    only one bear mission?
    I first saw
    the bear but then it got away and then the guy said he was too old to do it anymore.
    But is there more
    bear missions after that or do I have to go find them myself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Achieved via a simple bit of hunting deer, followed by a dope on a horse that ploughed into me, sending me, my horse and my deer scattering. So i arrowed him in the forehead. Got witnessed hiding the body in a forested area. So i also arrowed the witness... only to be witnessed again! Eventually, after killing about 5 people, and 2 cops, i managed to get away. With my deerskin in poor condition!

All that doubling down on your situation turned you into a serial killer. It's crazy how quickly things can get out of control.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    While I was walking through a small town, there was there two fellers furiously exchanging words. No love lost between them. So I decided to intervene, and my intervention wasn't welcomed. One of the fellers shot the other feller dead, and the remaining feller challenged me to a duel. He lost :D

Was that in Valentine? I got in a duel with the same fella, but I was too busy reading the text explaining how to draw slow etc, that he shot me dead! I'd have been better off shooting first without thinking, hopefully the ****er pops up again sometime as I haven't seen him since!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

My girlfriend and I bought RDR2 on her PS4 and we've been playing together but we're gonna split now as work is stopping both of us from playing at the same time over the next week or so.

How do I go about getting the game permanently on my PS4 now as well? Does she have to set my PS4 as her primary? And will that affect her console at all?

• Advertisement

shrewdness wrote: »
    Was that in Valentine? I got in a duel with the same fella, but I was too busy reading the text explaining how to draw slow etc, that he shot me dead! I'd have been better off shooting first without thinking, hopefully the ****er pops up again sometime as I haven't seen him since!

Yes sir, it was in Valentine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I came upon bounty hunters with a criminal in the coach. I killed the hunters and freed the criminal, he gave me a tip of where to rob in valentine.

Pussyhands wrote: »
    I came upon bounty hunters with a criminal in the coach. I killed the hunters and freed the criminal, he gave me a tip of where to rob in valentine.

I've come across a couple of random events like that so far but haven't helped the criminals yet, hopefully they reappear until I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I usually take detours when I see smoke from a fire in the distance.
    All usually have loot potential.

Also, last night I had finished a mission, Arthur said he's gonna spend a while looting, the second body I loot someone had witnessed me. Even though no one should be around considering we killed everyone.
    I probably missed out on a cash box because of it.
    There is a good lot of minor annoyances but it's still a very good game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    I usually take detours when I see smoke from a fire in the distance.
    All usually have loot potential.

Also, last night I had finished a mission, Arthur said he's gonna spend a while looting, the second body I loot someone had witnessed me. Even though no one should be around considering we killed everyone.
    I probably missed out on a cash box because of it.
    There is a good lot of minor annoyances but it's still a very good game.

Think I know the mission you're on about and the exact same thing happened me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,255 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

My girlfriend and I bought RDR2 on her PS4 and we've been playing together but we're gonna split now as work is stopping both of us from playing at the same time over the next week or so.

How do I go about getting the game permanently on my PS4 now as well? Does she have to set my PS4 as her primary? And will that affect her console at all?

You set your PS4 as her Home PS4. This will allow you to play her games downloaded on your console without her having to be logged in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

TitianGerm wrote: »
    You set your PS4 as her Home PS4. This will allow you to play her games downloaded on your console without her having to be logged in.

So log into my PS4 on her account and set it as her primary PS4? Thanks man appreciate it.

Think I know the mission you're on about and the exact same thing happened me.
    When Kieran takes you to the O'Driscoll hideout? This happened me there too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

I think one or two of them run away and you cant stop them, they probably alert the law...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

same as, looting away and then WANTED, you never know whats going to happen in this to be fair

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Xbox One X and RDR2 arrived this morning. So far so boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Most if not all the mission that you kill in get a witness if you hang around too long the law investigates. Sometimes they take bodies!

Raging had a load of perfect pelts on my horse, a Perfect wolf corpse and 2 perfect turkeys all gone because of a stupid cut scene outside of the camp. No maker or nothing on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Zero-Cool wrote:
    But yeah, no one else is contributing bar the very odd pocket watch from someone. I upgraded Dutch's tent first which is supposed to get everyone else contributing but they're all useless.

I had just spent well over a grand upgrading the tent and some auld one pulled me over and said she noticed I had stopped contributing to the box. Cheeky bitch!

Most if not all the mission that you kill in get a witness if you hang around too long the law investigates. Sometimes they take bodies!

I usually chase after the witness and warn them off or knock them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,198 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Seen something about a white Arabian horse up in the snowy mountains in the northwest. Looks awesome and supposed to be one of the best horses in the game. Gonna go looking for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Can someone explain bountys to me?

If I die, bounty is still active.

If I surrender, do I lose all my cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

J. Marston wrote: »
    Seen something about a white Arabian horse up in the snowy mountains in the northwest. Looks awesome and supposed to be one of the best horses in the game. Gonna go looking for it.
    Nice one. Let me know how that goes

J. Marston wrote: »
    Nice one. Let me know how that goes

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I had just spent well over a grand upgrading the tent and some auld one pulled me over and said she noticed I had stopped contributing to the box. Cheeky bitch!

It's annoying when you're donating loads and upgrading the camp, then you see someone donate something **** like a bat wing worth 15c!

Also, a couple of times after I landed back at camp after a mission, I seen Bill acting shifty around the money box before moving on. I checked the ledger and sure enough he hadn't donated anything! Looking to skim off the top more likely!

• Advertisement

The whole camp thing is just one massive pain in the hole really. Anything related to the campsite so far in the game for me has been pretty boring.

Advertisement