Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

I have a possible glitch where the map legend appears by default every time i go to the map. I turn it off every time but it still appears when I go back. Only restarting the game fixes it.

Got that as well very annoying seems to have sorted itself out now though. Try power cycling or restarting.

Think it happens when you enable the index then close the map.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭rizzla

Just realised you have to actually look at the recipe pamphlets in order to know how to craft them. Just purchasing them isn't good enough.

Also, if you bump into people in towns alot just wait till you get to Saint Denis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Been playing this a good bit since Friday and am still only on chapter two. The slow pace doesn't bother me so my main gripes would be the over zealous bounties and Arthur's movement being incredibly imprecise.

My favourite side of the road encounter so far was
    a KKK leader shouting at two new recruits trying to put up a cross only for it to fall and crush the two of them with me shooting the leader and looting the lot of them :pac:

Has anybody figured out a way to get the people in camp to request things for you ? Dutch asked for a pipe after I first set up camp and I got it for him but no one else has asked despite there being a trophy for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Has anybody figured out a way to get the people in camp to request things for you ? Dutch asked for a pipe after I first set up camp and I got it for him but no one else has asked despite there being a trophy for it.

Got at least a couple which triggered during missions.

Not sure how I'm getting away with it but haven't been engaged by bounty hunters or the law at all. I'm not killing people excessively and whenever I do haven't been leaving any witnesses. Paid off bounties twice but currently only have a $60 from a shootout in Valentine, which involved a lot of murder. $60 seems cheap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,138 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Dynamite opened it for me

God damnit!
    Another annoyance for the list, you set up camp and you wake up miles away from where you set it up :mad:

This only happens to me if I set a camp too near another town/village/place. It puts me back to 'outside' of the area.

• Advertisement

It's bloody miles away despite you being asked for it nearly as soon as you set up there.

EDIT: It's located
    on the far west above the W in west and below the river (the word little) in a house, you can see it on the map

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Been playing this a good bit since Friday and am still only on chapter two. The slow pace doesn't bother me so my main gripes would be the over zealous bounties and Arthur's movement being incredibly imprecise.

My favourite side of the road encounter so far was
    a KKK leader shouting at two new recruits trying to put up a cross only for it to fall and crush the two of them with me shooting the leader and looting the lot of them :pac:

I came across a gang of them in the forest
    inducting a new member. They lit the cross and the fire spread and a few of their robes caught fire :pac: The remainder of them chased me and I blew them all away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Now that is detailed animal behavior:

https://gfycat.com/HotHelpfulFeline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,198 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Got a disturbing the peace bounty for bumping into a couple of people in Saint Denis for $5. Just gave myself up instead of it escalating to something else.

Think you should be able to pay the fine to a police officer on the street for those offences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Arthur's movement being incredibly imprecise.

Unfortunately that's been a disappointing mainstay in Rockstar games since at least GTA SA. Only got more difficult (I find) with the ragdolly type physics in GTA4.

• Advertisement

Found a
    hobbit
    house, can't seem to get in though maybe Arthur is
    too tall
    :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

I'm in love with the game. Every little interaction is different, it's mindblowing to me. I'm not having much of the issues others seem to be having. :/
    Calltocall wrote: »
    So I’m a few days in and overall I’m disappointed, a stunning looking game, but it’s just not sucking me in and lacks as someone else stated fun, it feels very controlled, loads of cut scenes which interfere with getting lost in the game, movement is painfully slow, I’m skeptical of 97% reviews online bs many critics are afraid to criticize.

How so? It's pretty hard to trigger any cutscenes accidentally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Spend forever hunting legendary animals. Fall off a mountain and lose the pelt.

Anyone know if the animal will regenerate in this instance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

It's bloody miles away despite you being asked for it nearly as soon as you set up there.

EDIT: It's located
    on the far west above the W in west and below the river (the word little) in a house, you can see it on the map

I got that one although
    not before the bear inside shredded me before I knew what was happening
    it's just that the rest of them have items they want as well according to a list I saw except they just won't ask for them in the camp making the trophy a pain.

In another encounter at the side of the road
    I saw a good few Klansmen burning a cross except when I shot them I discovered a letter on the leader talking about the declining membership and if they should open it to women but the group voted against it :pac:

Trying to keep my honour high is hard when people will shoot at you for being within an acre of their fire they decided to plant right next to the road. Also losing honour for looting people killed by other gangs/animals is a big pet peeve. I need to collect all the pocket watches in the wild west :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I got killed looking for one and it said it will reappear again at a later time. Not sure if you already killed it though.

Fairly decent loot off that multiple headshot dude
    $28 and a rare weapon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Robbing houses is great fun. Anyone gotten any major windfalls from doing that?

Are you meant to sell the skins to the trapper to get the outfits?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Can't seem to sell my legendary skins or use them??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Yeah sell it to trapper and then he can make some outfits out of them but you also need to sell him some other animal pelts for certain items

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I got killed looking for one and it said it will reappear again at a later time. Not sure if you already killed it though.

Yeah, I'd already killed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,198 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Who sells improved arrows? On chapter 3 and neither Valentine's or Saint Denis' gunsmiths or general stores stock them. Want to hunt big animals but can't without them.

Met the trapper sold him the skins and the stuff she has looks like crap but he does have re-enforced gear so I got some new gunbelts. Now off to the fence to flog him 7 gold bars :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭rizzla

J. Marston wrote: »
    Who sells improved arrows? On chapter 3 and neither Valentine's or Saint Denis' gunsmiths or general stores stock them. Want to hunt big animals but can't without them.

You have to craft them yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭Damien360

J. Marston wrote: »

You craft them.

I lost my bow (wanted a shotgun). How do I get another?

I want to upgrade my satchel but I need leather tools. Tried general stores but no luck. Who sells this ?

Oh ffs guys don;t sell jewellery, the face can use it to make stuff along some other stuff like elk horns etc :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Damien360 wrote: »
    You craft them.

I lost my bow (wanted a shotgun). How do I get another?

I want to upgrade my satchel but I need leather tools. Tried general stores but no luck. Who sells this ?

Any weapons you have replaced are still yours. When you go to your horse, hold L1 and scroll through the saddlebags, should be there.

You buy the leather tools from the ledger at camp. It's on the last page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Oh ffs guys don;t sell jewellery, the face can use it to make stuff along some other stuff like elk horns etc :(

The face? I've been giving jewellery to the camp box. Am I better off selling them to a fence?

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    The face? I've been giving jewellery to the camp box. Am I better off selling them to a fence?

Fence sorry.

You can sell that stuff but check the talisman components and be sure to hold back at least a silver earring, old brass compass, gold earring and one or two others.

Advertisement