Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I would if I knew where to get one. I keep looking in the shops. I have found most of the other things people have asked for.

I found one in a house somewhere, can't remember where.

I spent yesterday evening touring around, keeping an eye on the map for anything that looked like a house on my travels.

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    I found one in a house somewhere, can't remember where.

I spent yesterday evening touring around, keeping an eye on the map for anything that looked like a house on my travels.

Oh really , so you didn't get
    horribly mauled by a bear who was waiting inside
    like I did when I got it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Had a very high honour rating, lovely 25% discount in the shops,

That was until I found a pump shotgun..

I have a negative rating now :)

Normally don't use walkthroughs or guides on games but I would honestly miss the vast majority of stuff in this game without one, its just too big and immersive for me to cop even the smallest things - plus having a 720p telly isn't helping when trying to spot stuff.

I am currently reading IGNs walkthrough (I don't like video guides much prefer to read so its not perfect for me)

any other good ones you good folk would recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Reading on reddit there's a big bug where Jack, John and Abi are not in the camp after Chapter 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

like I did when I got it
    Safe to say i jumped out of my seat seeing that bear behind the door :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

like I did when I got it

Now I remember! I didn't want to post about it here as its a good one for people to experience themselves.
    I had to enter a second time after I died to collect it.
    I ran full speed into the house the first time as I could hear a bear, I thought it was chasing me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,255 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I greet a good few people when I'm roaming around on my horse or walking through a town and most I meet are decent.

Greeted some fella and he gave a friendly reply. I then said he had a beautiful horse and he turned hostile and drew his gun. I finished him off. Didn't want to kill him but if someone draws a gun on me, it will not end up well for them.

He probably thought you were going to steal his horse :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Did anyone else actually go and get the pipe for Dutch ? :D

I got that one and met the same grizzly end as you.

After complaining about not getting errands I got three in the space of five minutes last night.

One for hosea by looking at the book next to his bed, one for jack during a story mission and bill randomly screamed at me that he wanted hair gel. Only need one more for the trophy now so it shouldn't be too bad.

One thing I'm disappointed by is the lack of strangers/question mark people. It says there are only 10 in the completion menu which seems like a lot less than RDR1. It still wouldn't be too bad except for the fact I've met 3 strangers who have basically been "I'm person X and here's the collectible spread across the map I want." which seems like a waste compared to some of the others I've met and it's the only time the game seems to embrace the usual open world busy work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Found 2 ****e hawks robbing a stage coach last night. Shot them and hog tied the driver. Then tried to blow open the stage coach lock box with dynamite but just ended up setting it on fire. The driver was unfortunately quite close to the coach and the fire spread to him. Couldn't save him. Felt more annoyed about the loss of loot than the horrible death inflicted on the driver.

I found similar but opened fire with the shotty before the lads could do anything. The driver said I can have the lock box as they'll just claim it on the insurance anyway. Said I didn't have the tools to open it and Google said dynamite and throwing knives do the trick. I didn't want to use dynamite as the horses would surely have been blown up. I tried throwing knives and they didn't do anything. Angrily, I took out my revolver to try shoot the kick and a I got a prompt to break it. Turns out bating it with a revolver does the trick. Thing only had ammo in it though which was a load of balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

Setting up a camp to eat some of the game you kill and some random fella on a horse starts shouting at me well I’ll not be having any of that shot the hole off him and fu1cked him In to the fire.

• Advertisement

Has anyone found a shack yet? Progress says there are multiple scattered around the map where each one will have its own mystery to solve. I've found random cabins and boarded of shacks but nothing standing out to me yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Semtax

I decided to hold off ordering a console for myself last week. I wanted to wait and see if people still enjoyed it after the hype train has passed.

Whats the verdict? Should I stop wasting valuable time and go and buy a PS4 pro / Xbox one x now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Has anyone found a shack yet? Progress says there are multiple scattered around the map where each one will have its own mystery to solve. I've found random cabins and boarded of shacks but nothing standing out to me yet.

Aye, I found one on my way back from a side mission
    after finding Chick's treasure in a hollowed out tree
    Was about 20 second walk down a hill from the end of that particular mission. Not sure what the 'mystery' about it was, but it was a creepy enough place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Semtax wrote: »
    I decided to hold off ordering a console for myself last week. I wanted to wait and see if people still enjoyed it after the hype train has passed.

Whats the verdict? Should I stop wasting valuable time and go and buy a PS4 pro / Xbox one x now?
    Yes

Glico Man wrote: »
    Aye, I found one on my way back from a side mission
    after finding Chick's treasure in a hollowed out tree
    Was about 20 second walk down a hill from the end of that particular mission.

Cool sound, must head back there and take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Choo-choo, sir. Choo fcking choo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭rizzla

Gyan84 wrote: »
    One thing I'm disappointed by is the lack of strangers/question mark people. It says there are only 10 in the completion menu which seems like a lot less than RDR1. It still wouldn't be too bad except for the fact I've met 3 strangers who have basically been "I'm person X and here's the collectible spread across the map I want." which seems like a waste compared to some of the others I've met and it's the only time the game seems to embrace the usual open world busy work.

There's 16. You only need 10 for the achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Wandered into St Denis a couple days ago, first thing I did was go to the barber and tailor to get fixed up. After looking like a mountain man having not shaved or cut my hair since day one, I now have a nice handlebar moustache, and bought a nice outfit in the tailor complete with top hat(think a more refined Bill the Butcher).

Now I can go around the town greeting everyone and people treat me nicely like a distinguished gentleman. Makes a difference from strolling through Valentine covered in sh!te with everyone telling me to stop getting into fights and starting trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

shrewdness wrote: »
    Wandered into St Denis a couple days ago, first thing I did was go to the barber and tailor to get fixed up. After looking like a mountain man having not shaved or cut my hair since day one, I now have a nice handlebar moustache, and bought a nice outfit in the tailor complete with top hat(think a more refined Bill the Butcher.

I too haven't shaved or cut my hair since day one. I've also drank that hair tonic to keep it growing past a certain stage. Think I'm on stage 8/10 in length and its looking quite hipster-ish I must say.

• Administrators Posts: 53,955 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I am playing on an original Xbox One.

Game is great fun. The scale is enormous and there is a tonne of things to do. The story is good and it's definitely worth buying.

Visually I would not say it's amazing. The graphics look a bit dated. Maybe it looks a lot better on the X. This is the first game I've played on console for ages so it could be because I'm used to PC graphics, but it really hasn't blown me away in this regard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'm also playing this on the original Xbox one. Graphics pale to that on the One X, but everything else is there tbh. Can't afford to shell out for the One X now, so I'm happy with it.

One thing I'm concerned about is perhaps diving into the story too much, and not doing enough wandering.

Must spend a bit more time wandering around the outskirts of Valentine and trying to find some strangers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Did anyone else
    find the woman trapped under the dead horse?
    Did anyone else rob her? :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,787 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

shrewdness wrote: »
    Wandered into St Denis a couple days ago, first thing I did was go to the barber and tailor to get fixed up. After looking like a mountain man having not shaved or cut my hair since day one, I now have a nice handlebar moustache, and bought a nice outfit in the tailor complete with top hat(think a more refined Bill the Butcher).

Now I can go around the town greeting everyone and people treat me nicely like a distinguished gentleman. Makes a difference from strolling through Valentine covered in sh!te with everyone telling me to stop getting into fights and starting trouble.

I hate St Denis because it's crowded. So easy to knock someone down on a horse.

fixxxer wrote: »
    Did anyone else

I helped her back to Emerald ranch. She told me some interesting stuff about the place.
    Closed saloon with blood stains and the ranch owners daughter who is kept in the main house and not let out.

Anyone else looking forward to Online? Interested to see what they have planned.

Spent 5 minutes looking for a way into a house at a gang hide out as I knew there would be loot in there , door was locked and I couldn't kick it in. The answer ? Jump through the window. I've walked away from a few locked doors now so I'll need to go back to some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

fixxxer wrote: »
    Did anyone else

Yes and yes, after she had been killed by my knife. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Anyone come across the fat guy with the wife when you break into a house?

He needed about 8 bullets to be killed and his wife almost knifed me to death. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

TitianGerm wrote: »
    He probably thought you were going to steal his horse :pac:

Yeah that thought crossed my mind. I think people might have tried to steal his horse before so I guess that's why he suddenly turned on me. Shame about the outcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone else looking forward to Online? Interested to see what they have planned.

Definitely.

I got the guts of 4.5 - 5 years out of GTA Online (from 2013 to, more sporadically, 2018) and really enjoyed it. In fact, in the lead up to this I played a few heists with the bros. Really looking forward to what they can do with online (I presume chrome wagon wheels, matt finish on the wagon cover, metallic blue horses manes) but wonder will it too big a map for it to have a much mayhem potential at GTA? I'm looking forward to finding out!

Advertisement