Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

Does anyone else play with the auto-aim turned off?

From the start I set everything to manual/free-aim for on foot and horseback, and fully reduced all the sliders, as the auto-aim felt like cheating. I'm doing ok early on, but I wonder if I'll get found out when it comes to more difficult shootouts - particularly on horseback.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 akurat

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Is there a toggle to run on the horse? It's annoying to keep having to tap...

I think I have the toggle to run on foot but still have to button mash to sprint?
    You don't need to continue mashing the botton for horse to keep running. You simply press it few times and when you get to the speed you want you simply hold it and horse will continue running at that speed. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

The automatic following the path on horseback (think it was hold X in RDR) is gone from this right? They really are poor at communicating what the controls in this e.g. Only discovered last night that if you long press start it brings you straight to the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

The automatic following the path on horseback (think it was hold X in RDR) is gone from this right?

It'll sort of follow the path if you hold X, but if you hold X and the button for the cinematic mode, you'll follow the path to your mission/chosen waypoint. It's a little bugged though.
    Paladonia wrote: »

From the start I set everything to manual/free-aim for on foot and horseback, and fully reduced all the sliders, as the auto-aim felt like cheating. I'm doing ok early on, but I wonder if I'll get found out when it comes to more difficult shootouts - particularly on horseback.

I found the incoming damage a little too quick to get away without autoaim. Currently have mine up high and on the narrow setting for both on foot and on horseback. I don't really think the game was built around skillful shooting as opposed to the storyline, so I'm not too put out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

gimli2112 wrote: »
    All died on the same day.
    Is that the place?
    Yeah that's the one, creepy spot. Must have been a massacre there or something. I read online somewhere that there are voices at night and maybe a ghost, gonna go back and have a look sometime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

akurat wrote: »
    You don't need to continue mashing the botton for horse to keep running. You simply press it few times and when you get to the speed you want you simply hold it and horse will continue running at that speed. :)

Never seems to work...horse seems to jog very slowly...

Paladonia wrote: »

I messed with settings and put them inadvertently at the most difficult and found it tough to hit targets, particularly on horseback when you're twisting and turning.

Now I have done the opposite and it's too easy now I think.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Has anyone tried playing without the mini-map up all the time? As with GTA, I find myself spending more time looking at it than the environment.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,333 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Has anyone tried playing without the mini-map up all the time? As with GTA, I find myself spending more time looking at it than the environment.

Yeah, you can turn it off or make it bigger by holding the down arrow on the D pad. It's grand with it off as you can just tap down to bring it up briefly to make sure you're following your waypoint or whatever.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah, you can turn it off or make it bigger by holding the down arrow on the D pad. It's grand with it off as you can just tap down to bring it up briefly to make sure you're following your waypoint or whatever.

Do you find you miss it, though? Like during combat or travelling? Are you bringing it up all the time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

For me, the missions and storytelling, environment, graphics are epic in this game and something only rockstar can do.

There are frustrating drawbacks though.

Missions, where you fight X amount of people and can hid for cover, are way too easy.

When you get attacked without cover by law/bounty men, o driscolls etc is pretty much instant death.

Controls are not great IMO, certain things are not explained either and I only find out about them if I read about it.

I've died in missions many times for suddenly falling off something or a horse or person walks into my path or I hit a random tree and die.. very frustrating!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Is there any way to grow your hair long?

Found a hair tonic that makes it grow faster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Only got to play this for about 30 minutes so far.. only as far as
    rescued John Marston
    ! :(

Did decide to sell my War Horse DLC code on eBay - got 5 quid for it - not too shabby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Has everyone here found the
    cave with the statues
    ? Beat the puzzle and get
    3 gold bars
    . Apparently its glitched, and you can save and repeat for huge gain. Haven't been able to do this myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I haven't played it in 2 days and it hasn't even crossed my mind... **** sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Managed to find and calm the Arabian last night, I forgot to pack any cold weather clothes though so was nearly take out of it first by two wolves and of all things, a ram who charged me out of nowhere as I was stalking the horse.

Was she worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Managed to find and calm the Arabian last night, I forgot to pack any cold weather clothes though so was nearly take out of it first by two wolves and of all things, a ram who charged me out of nowhere as I was stalking the horse.

He bucked me a few times and I had decided to shoot him if I didn't get it the last time. Luckily for him, and me, he didn't buck me on the last go-round. Like Sharon Curly, an A1 ride.

Also named him Thirty-Thirty :o

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,333 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Do you find it miss it, though? Like during combat or travelling? Are you bringing it up all the time?

If I need to get somewhere specific yeah I have to tap it a lot, only bring it up in combat if I can't figure out where a shot is coming from.

Do you find it miss it, though? Like during combat or travelling? Are you bringing it up all the time?

If I need to get somewhere specific yeah I have to tap it a lot, only bring it up in combat if I can't figure out where a shot is coming from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I haven't played it in 2 days and it hasn't even crossed my mind... **** sake.
    Weird that the thought of playing the game hasn't crossed your mind but posting about it on here seems to be on your mind quite a lot :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Were is the donation box for the poor ?
    I put 250 in the camp box but the trophy must be for another box

I tried to break into a few old cabins lying around the map and the windows didn’t even smash rockstar want realism but that took me out of it instantly lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Got the last camp request I needed for the trophy. Lenny started telling a story at the camp fire at night where he mentioned losing his pocket watch so listen out for that if you need it.

I decided to chance my arm at crossing into the blackwater area. Literally as soon as I cross into the wanted dead or alive area 10 bounty hunters emerge from behind a rock, my horse bucks me off and they make me into a cowboy colander while I'm lying on the ground :o

Still on chapter 2 because I've been trying to get the satchel upgrades. Badgers seem to be as rare as gold dust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

He bucked me a few times and I had decided to shoot him if I didn't get it the last time. Luckily for him, and me, he didn't buck me on the last go-round. Like Sharon Curly, an A1 ride.

Also named him Thirty-Thirty :o

I stayed on him but there was a lot of trees and rocks where I hopped on so I was expecting him to fall over them or throw me off.

Going back into Valentine though I got a bit of a glitch, there was a small embankment he was going to trot up but he decided to jump as he approached the crest of the hill, a slight overhang, it resulted in throwing both of us about a good 15 feet into the air, i lost a decent bit of health while he barely survived.

Horses are mad in the game. :o

I haven't been requested by anyone in the camp to get anything? Annoying..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

the Mrs ordered this for me as a surprise, its arriving tuesday!!

i really should stop checking this thread, the anticipation is just too much !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭rizzla

Pussyhands wrote: »
    I haven't been requested by anyone in the camp to get anything? Annoying..

Kinda just have to ask about the camp. If ever you see Charles sitting down carving arrows talk with him. He's making special arrows and will request something, got 2 different requests from him. Think I've gotten 7 or 8 requests now from just chatting with the camp after missions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Is the a map legend anywhere? What are the side missions and what are the main missions?

My brain can't keep up with all the controls and gameplay info. An instruction or explanation pops up for a few seconds then is gone forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Going back into Valentine though I got a bit of a glitch, there was a small embankment he was going to trot up but he decided to jump as he approached the crest of the hill, a slight overhang, it resulted in throwing both of us about a good 15 feet into the air, i lost a decent bit of health while he barely survived.

Horses are mad in the game. :o

I had the opposite happen where there was a little ledge I wanted to climb down to the hill below it but my horse decided now was the time to reveal it was secretly the equine micheal jordan and completely jump over the hill, landing on its back and killing me :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

For camp upgrades, I read you move camp at some point. Do your unlocked upgrades carry over or do you have to start again?

And for the horse station, if I tame a horse and bring him back to camp, will my war horse stay at camp or will I at least be able to summon him from the horse station.

I know in online, you will be able to own multiple horses but not sure how it works in single player.

Advertisement