Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    For camp upgrades, I read you move camp at some point. Do your unlocked upgrades carry over or do you have to start again?

And for the horse station, if I tame a horse and bring him back to camp, will my war horse stay at camp or will I at least be able to summon him from the horse station.

I know in online, you will be able to own multiple horses but not sure how it works in single player.

When I got the Arabian, I just went back to Valentine on the Arabian and the DLC Horse was following and I then put the DLC Horse into the Stable.

You can swap him out at any time then.

I think I seen prompt after I broke in the Arabian that you can have 2 horses at any one time at the camp, I'm assuming you can just hitch one up and use whatever you want by attaching the saddle.
    Was she worth it?

To answer this, yes, yes she was. :pac:

I was going to go up there anyway to take on Flaco Hernandez, as part of the Calloway story line so the Arabian was a short trip across the valley. Got the horse first then made my way over to Flaco with 2 horses. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Mirroring my phone on my PC using the AirDroid app its a pretty nice app, just installed so no verdict on it yet. Full screen minimap on my 2nd monitor!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

For camp upgrades, I read you move camp at some point. Do your unlocked upgrades carry over or do you have to start again?

And for the horse station, if I tame a horse and bring him back to camp, will my war horse stay at camp or will I at least be able to summon him from the horse station.

I know in online, you will be able to own multiple horses but not sure how it works in single player.

Upgrades carry over when you move, though having said that I hadn't noticed much of an addition to Dutch's tent when I did it up - I expected something rather more palatial.

I'm not sure on the horsey thing though as my first horse, Walter, seems to still be wandering the snowy mountains. I think I'll go get him tonight, he's a great horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

I'm not sure on the horsey thing though as my first horse, Walter, seems to still be wandering the snowy mountains. I think I'll go get him tonight, he's a great horse.

If you go to a stable, the guy in there will (instantly) track down and catch your missing horse for you and it will appear in front of you

I had the pre-order dlc but don't recall ever getting a war horse or anything else now that I think of it. Definitely isn't in the stable.

• Advertisement

I had the pre-order dlc but don't recall ever getting a war horse or anything else now that I think of it. Definitely isn't in the stable.

You have to buy it (for free) in the stable - it's an 'Ardennes' breed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

9uyUx9e.jpg

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Has everyone here found the
    cave with the statues
    ? Beat the puzzle and get
    3 gold bars
    . Apparently its glitched, and you can save and repeat for huge gain. Haven't been able to do this myself

I heard about gold bar glitches alright, any idea if its true?

It would be nice to have a bit of cash, not looking to break the game to have mad money.

Most I ever had was about $500 and I spent nearly half of that clearing a bounty in Valentine last night, after I ended up robbing and driving away in the train and ended up killing about 4 law men and 3 passengers. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

So while I was riding around the countryside, I came across some fella who had a treasure map. I demanded the map off him but he got on his horse and fled the area, with me chasing him down. I lasso-ed him off hiis horse and tied him up.

I emptied his pockets before I lit a stick of dynamite and threw it at him. Dynamite blew his head and one of his arms off. I disposed his corpse in a river.

Now if he kept his mouth shut, I would have let him go. I get to see another day, he doesn't. The stupid idiot :mad:

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    So while I was riding around the countryside, I came across some fella who had a treasure map. I demanded the map off him but he got on his horse and fled the area, with me chasing him down. I lasso-ed him off hiis horse and tied him up.

I emptied his pockets before I lit a stick of dynamite and threw it at him. Dynamite blew his head and one of his arms off. I disposed his corpse in a river.

Now if he kept his mouth shut, I would have let him go. I get to see another day, he doesn't. The stupid idiot :mad:

Had a similar thing happen last night, down by the river theres a guy doing a bit of prospecting, looking for gold.

Chimes up saying theres no gold here happily.

I stand there looking around a bit, taking in the scenery and he becomes aggressive, the shotgun shot sorts him out, loot his corpse and hes floated down the river as I raid his horses saddle bag.

The game is great for random things like that.

Truth be told, I was hoping to find gold on him or at least the chance to look for gold in the river myself but murdering him was always on the cards. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I heard about gold bar glitches alright, any idea if its true?

It would be nice to have a bit of cash, not looking to break the game to have mad money.

Most I ever had was about $500 and I spent nearly half of that clearing a bounty in Valentine last night, after I ended up robbing and driving away in the train and ended up killing about 4 law men and 3 passengers. :o

Yep the glitch does work. I did it a bit as I was frustrated with getting bounties for other people's stupidity.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Yep the glitch does work. I did it a bit as I was frustrated with getting bounties for other people's stupidity.

Off to make my fortune I go, before Rockstar patch it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

doylefe wrote: »
    Is the a map legend anywhere? What are the side missions and what are the main missions?

My brain can't keep up with all the controls and gameplay info. An instruction or explanation pops up for a few seconds then is gone forever.

there's a map legend / index on the main map. X button on the xbox i think.
    Also if you press or hold down left (cant remember which) on the dpad your side tasks etc menu comes up.

Had a similar thing happen last night, down by the river theres a guy doing a bit of prospecting, looking for gold.

I stand there looking around a bit, taking in the scenery and he becomes aggressive, the shotgun shot sorts him out, loot his corpse and hes floated down the river as I raid his horses saddle bag.

Truth be told, I was hoping to find gold on him or at least the chance to look for gold in the river myself but murdering him was always on the cards. :o

I got a gold nugget from him, - not 100% but I think I greeted him and waited around till he found it then gave him a lick of a shotgun slug and took it from him..

Off to make my fortune I go, before Rockstar patch it. :D

Glitch
    Basically go to the statues and enter the combination.

Turn off auto save

Make 2 saves

Pick up gold by holding x/square and when the icon pops up for the 3rd time on the top right of screen.... Pause it mid animation and save

Load up the most recent save

Go back and repeat, save and load

I always save over the oldest game save once it works and gives an option to still pick up the gold. That way you always have a backup of a working glitch save

Once you get 30 bars go to fence to sell and repeat if needed

Look it up on YouTube though to see it working

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Glitch

Turn off auto save

Make 2 saves

Pick up gold by holding x/square and when the icon pops up for the 3rd time on the top right of screen.... Pause it mid animation and save

I always save over the oldest game save once it works and gives an option to still pick up the gold. That way you always have a backup of a working glitch save

Fantastic. I forgot to disable autosave. No wonder it wouldn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I just love the random events in the game.

I was out roaming the countryside one night, and I heard moaning sounds coming from the bushes. I went to check it out and it was some old fella who had belly ache from eating dodgy flowers. I gave him medicine, he thanked me and we both went on our own ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

How do I pack cold weather clothes on my horse?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I was riding back to Valentine after hijacking a train. Instant Wanted level, strongly pursued by the law. My noble steed kept up with the train the whole way, until i got to a tunnel. I stopped the train, shot some coppers, but quickly became overwhelmed. So i took off again until they couldn't keep up with the train.

Eventually, i came to a stop in the country side, licking my lips in anticipation of all that loot... eh, it was a cargo train I stopped. I got about 3 cans of beans and that was it!!!

So took off again, encountered a woman trapped under a horse. Offered her a lift home, so we took off. Riding along chatting, i stole a look down at my phone, looked up to see a massive rock that sent all three of us somersaulting through the air. The lady ran off screaming blue murder at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I set myself a little task last night of robbing a wagon and selling it without any witnesses or wanted level increasing. Next to impossible. Everyime I found someone in a secluded area driving a wagon, I was using my arrows to kill him (to not make any noise) yet there would be nobody around for ages and somehow I'd still end up with the "witness investigating" warning. Quite frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

den87 wrote: »

At your clothes chest, browsing your clothes, there is a button to store that outfit on your horse. I did that but couldn't actually find the outfit on my house when I went to equip it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

den87 wrote: »

There's a chest in camp at the end of the bed to choose outfits, you can save custom outfits to your horse.

Glitch

Turn off auto save

Make 2 saves

I tried the other one I found about the lock box in the sheriff office, would only allow me to take 2 gold bars. Will try the above later. :o

I tried the other one I found about the lock box in the sheriff office, would only allow me to take 2 gold bars. Will try the above later. :o

Just make saves before hand incase it doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,165 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Stopped to help a guy with his horse the horse bolts off so i go after to bring it back, he runs into me as i approach with his horse and starts shooting at me, so just had to do the right thing and shot back,

Also noticed something cool if you shoot close quarters

Just make saves before hand incase it doesn't work.

Ya I saved it right as I entered the town so I'll try it again later there and then the place where you get 3 statues.

I think I've done everything right anyway so I'll see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Having a decent amount of money to buy and upgrade things is nice......but exploiting for infinite money? I just don't see the point. It defeats the purpose of part of the game.

Part of the fun of robbing stuff is getting the money. If you have infinite money.....money doesn't matter.

People are odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

You can hit people over the head with the gun if you press O up close too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,165 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Kirby wrote: »
    Having a decent amount of money to buy and upgrade things is nice......but exploiting for infinite money? I just don't see the point. It defeats the purpose of part of the game.

Part of the fun of robbing stuff is getting the money. If you have infinite money.....money doesn't matter.

People are odd.

Not done the money glitch but have all the upgrades in the camp and ammunation for my weapons and still over $1000 *going for banks* is the answer

• Advertisement

I'm still not far enough into the game that I've found a fence yet so any ill gotten gains I have will have to wait. :o

Advertisement