Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Kirby wrote: »
    Having a decent amount of money to buy and upgrade things is nice......but exploiting for infinite money? I just don't see the point. It defeats the purpose of part of the game.

Part of the fun of robbing stuff is getting the money. If you have infinite money.....money doesn't matter.

People are odd.

Different people like different things. I can't be bothered finding houses to rob to gathering cans of beans to sell for 5 cents. Limited time to play a game with so much content means shortcuts need to be made. I will rob houses when the opportunity arises but it would be at my own pace.

I don't have infinite money, I got enough to last a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

biggebruv wrote: »
    Did you play the first game? What is it your not enjoying controls , missions?

What I find is that the game feels very restrictive, that even though it is ostensibly an "open" world I feel very boxed in. Because of Arthur's movement, the incredible length of time it takes to get anywhere and how much of the game's appeal seems like it hinges on walking around very slowly and having minor interactions with people whether it's just passing comments or the "greet"/"antagonise" mechanic.

It doesn't really seem to have systems to "play" with in the same manner as a lot of other open games (aside from some Arthur upkeep stuff and playing poker or whatever). It's got this almost Naughty Dog pace to it but it's a very long game to be feeling like I'm on a sort of leash all the time. I just find it very frustrating and even though I like the story and find Dutch an incredibly compelling figure actually interacting with the game and the world has just been miserable for me so far. Which is very annoying and I can't quite let it go when I want to know what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Found a rare instance of the game breaking my immersion. Had a side of the road encounter with a mexican guy who challenged me to shoot bottles. I won but then went for double or nothing and lost.He demands 20 dollars so I hogtie him and leave him in a lake so he drowns.

Cue my surprise today when I find him by the side of the road again. He makes a comment about me not being nice the last time but he's willing to give me a second chance. I hogtied him and left him on a train track and waited for a train to eviscerate him so if I better not run into him again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Found a rare instance of the game breaking my immersion. Had a side of the road encounter with a mexican guy who challenged me to shoot bottles. I won but then went for double or nothing and lost.He demands 20 dollars so I hogtie him and leave him in a lake so he drowns.

Cue my surprise today when I find him by the side of the road again. He makes a comment about me not being nice the last time but he's willing to give me a second chance. I hogtied him and left him on a train track and waited for a train to eviscerate him so if I better not run into him again :pac:

Gentle reminder that you're playing a game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I just love the random events in the game.

I was out roaming the countryside one night, and I heard moaning sounds coming from the bushes. I went to check it out and it was some old fella who had belly ache from eating dodgy flowers. I gave him medicine, he thanked me and we both went on our own ways.

I met a lad who got his leg trapped in his own bear trap. Got it off him and the next time I ran into him in Strawberry, he said I could get anything out of the shop for free.

On the other hand, I came upon another fella getting tore up by a wolf. I killed the wolf and went to help him. I had the option of giving him whiskey or a health cure. I figured the cure would be more use, but he screamed at me that it was useless and then he died! Some people eh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

shrewdness wrote: »
    and then he died! Some people eh!

So he was right :D

Gyan84 wrote: »

Did he have you shoot birds too? If so that guy I believe triggers the shooting challenges. At least he did for me and is likely why he can't be killed permanently.

Pussyhands wrote: »
    So he was right :D

I don't think he even took the cure! Maybe he just wanted one last drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

martyos121 wrote: »
    Anyone found Gavin yet?

Strangely enough, I heard two people talking about strange goings on in the gunsmiths basement. Might be worth a try checking out his shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Kirby wrote: »
    Having a decent amount of money to buy and upgrade things is nice......but exploiting for infinite money? I just don't see the point. It defeats the purpose of part of the game.

Part of the fun of robbing stuff is getting the money. If you have infinite money.....money doesn't matter.

People are odd.

Doing the campaign missions accumulates a lot of cash. I had well over 2,000 dollars by act 4

• Advertisement

Strangely enough, I heard two people talking about strange goings on in the gunsmiths basement. Might be worth a try checking out his shop.

Go around the side of the gunsmiths and you might find out more!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Go around the side of the gunsmiths and you might find out more!

Definetly do go to the side and do the side mission.

it was all going so well for me. I took the owner down to the basement and tied him up. Took the free weapon and then I said I would untie the guy. He pulled out a gun so I knifed him.

I had no wanted level so I went up to the store and looted the register, still no wanted level. Looted some ammo and a guy walked in. I froze and he ran out to call for help.

The perfect heist had nearly gone so well. Easy to say what was looted didn't cover the cost of the bounty.

I met a lad who got his leg trapped in his own bear trap. Got it off him and the next time I ran into him in Strawberry, he said I could get anything out of the shop for free.

On the other hand, I came upon another fella getting tore up by a wolf. I killed the wolf and went to help him. I had the option of giving him whiskey or a health cure. I figured the cure would be more use, but he screamed at me that it was useless and then he died! Some people eh!

I came across a lady on the large side who needed my assistance. So I offered her a lift on my horse. She initially accepted my offer but then rejected it. Probably was for the best as there was no way both of us could have got on the horse. Shame I didn't kill her though.

The next time some random individual rejects my help, I'll burn 'em to death :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

I came across a lady on the large side who needed my assistance. So I offered her a lift on my horse. She initially accepted my offer but then rejected it. Probably was for the best as there was no way both of us could have got on the horse. Shame I didn't kill her though.

The next time some random individual rejects my help, I'll burn 'em to death :mad:

Twice I have shot people like that by mistake. I press R2 on PS4 and the gun is instantly pulled and shot. Didn't even get to chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Is this in Rhodes?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,678 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The story and performances are fantastic, they really are.

Nalz wrote: »
    Is this in Rhodes?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Did that before I even ran into the guy looking for Gavin. Really interesting side mission if you could call it that, but alas, no sign of Gavin. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

711-FDB90-2-AA9-43-BA-89-C7-E556-D11-F1557.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,172 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

After you down 3 bottles of hair tonic...

Simpsons_10_05_P1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

RasTa wrote: »
    It's €15-20 extra your paying. No offense but it's madness.

Not for me and my patience. If it's madness to not risk having a pre-order get delayed on me by Amazon or whatever digital store I get it from, then I'll own it.
    I had the day booked off for it, and I was going away for the week - if that game ever got delayed by the courier or whoever it was delivering it, I would not be playing it right now. I get too anxious looking at things like that. I get obsessed with my parcel tracking, because I just don't trust couriers to deliver things to me on time.

So, in short: No, I'll stick to my brick and mortar shops for any new game I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

I finished it Wednesday played on the X and on my Lg B7 visual and story wise best game i've ever played anyway.
    Game looks insane on a oled.
    But there is abit of talk now about hdr that your best off to disable it now.. gonna test it later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJgXQ3qNg74

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

laneooo wrote: »
    I finished it Wednesday played on the X and on my Lg B7 visual and story wise best game i've ever played anyway.
    Game looks insane on a oled.
    But there is abit of talk now about hdr that your best off to disable it now.. gonna test it later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJgXQ3qNg74

I'm using my girlfriend's Samsung 4K TV at the moment, and the HDR on that is usually stunning, but with RDR2 it's giving off a very hazy, washed out, foggy look. SDR is absolutely what I'm going for right now until they decide to fix it. Then again, my own TV at home is just your standard 32" LED Smart TV, no 4K, no HDR, and the game still looks absolutely gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I haven't bothered checking out any stores (other than gunstore), can I buy new clothes/hats in valentine. I'm gonna try recreate Steven Oggs look in Westworld and pretend Arthur is Trevor's great great grandfather.

Steven-Ogg_1.jpg

I was out on my horsey discovering new areas. Came across a place full of unfriendly and unpleasent folk. I'm gonna wipe em out. Well I'm gonna try anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I was out on my horsey discovering new areas. Came across a place full of unfriendly and unpleasent folk. I'm gonna wipe em out. Well I'm gonna try anyway...

Fill those namby-pamby no good yellow belly curs with lead

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Just finished robbing a house up north with Javier when some poor soul was looking for help. Next thing I know he's pulled me off my horse, and riding away. Perhaps I deserved it, as my instinct was to try and lasso the guy off instead of shooting him. That didn't work, and I tried to give chase.

But no horse, eventually I meet a stranger on a horse, pull him off and start pursuing this cretin. However by forcefully borrowing this horse I'm placed with a $5 bounty, and of course I come across two bounty hunters. Ain't nobody got time for that. In my haste I hurtle off a ravine and onto the shore of a lake, lucky to be alive. The horse....well.....

Turns out my good horse is gone but my saddle bag is left behind. And to my question:

Am I likely to come across this feller and my horse again? If so revenge will be brutal! The answer had better be yes :o

Did anyone take the fat guy in dungarees up on his offer and go into his house? Be sure to take them up on their hospitality and have a drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Did anyone take the fat guy in dungarees up on his offer and go into his house? Be sure to take them up on their hospitality and have a drink.

Think that was already spoilered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Latest in my series of stupid deaths: stole a guy's paddle boat and was attempting to shoot a fish but accidentally shot the oil lamp at the end of the boat causing it to catch fire and sink.

I was just far enough away from land to drown :o:pac:

Advertisement