Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The fishing mission in chapter 3 is great, from a character point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Went to help a lady who had trouble with bandits. I killed them and she thanked me and then asked me to take here somewhere. Anyway, I started looting some of the dead and she called me a bastard and fled from the scene as fast as she could.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

This is one of the best stories going, i rememeber seeing a poster saying they hate the game and find it a chore to play. I strongly advise sticking with it, some of the best gaming moments I've ever played.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Went to help a lady who had trouble with bandits. I killed them and she thanked me and then asked me to take here somewhere. Anyway, I started looting some of the dead and she called me a bastard and fled from the scene as fast as she could.

Only solution is to murder and loot her.

Never leave witnesses.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I'm earlyish in chapter 2, last mission was
    freeing what'shisname from jail in strawberry
    but can't seem to buy fish bait anywhere. Do I have to wait for another while? I've been fishing with cheese which isn't much craic

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I finally got this yesterday and after waiting nearly 2 fking hours for it to install (WTF PlayStation?) I started and got to the start of Chapter 2 before calling it a night.

I'm optimistic about the game overall, but the small niggly stuff is a bit grating. The interface isn't clear at all - I'm never sure when it's ok to let go of a button or when I have to keep it pressed down.

However, those criticisms aside, the world seems pretty fascinating and I'm really looking forward to exploring it over the course of the weekend. I came across a random guy in the countryside who was trying to get a stone out of his horse's shoe and who was kicked. So I chased down the horse to rope him and thinking I could "upgrade" but it was only a "temporary" horse. He's tied up at my camp now anyway, so I'm sure I'll figure something out. I'm a big fan of such random encounters with strange little vignettes and glimpses into the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Shiminay wrote: »
    I finally got this yesterday and after waiting nearly 2 fking hours for it to install (WTF PlayStation?) I started and got to the start of Chapter 2 before calling it a night.

I'm optimistic about the game overall, but the small niggly stuff is a bit grating. The interface isn't clear at all - I'm never sure when it's ok to let go of a button or when I have to keep it pressed down.

However, those criticisms aside, the world seems pretty fascinating and I'm really looking forward to exploring it over the course of the weekend. I came across a random guy in the countryside who was trying to get a stone out of his horse's shoe and who was kicked. So I chased down the horse to rope him and thinking I could "upgrade" but it was only a "temporary" horse. He's tied up at my camp now anyway, so I'm sure I'll figure something out. I'm a big fan of such random encounters with strange little vignettes and glimpses into the world.

You've to put a saddle on any horse you find to make him your horse.

You should find the saddle on whatever horse you got when you come down out of the mountain.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

That makes sense, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Had a bounty to catch but on the way saw a perfect grizzly, ended up dragging the bounty behind me while the pelt was on back of horse.

Eventually took another horse from competing bounty hunter so could get both back to town easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Went to the barber and got a buzz cut. Went to start a mission with Trelawney, I needed to smarten up and he brought me to the tailor first and then the barber to get a hairstyle. I’ve no f*cking hair so I cant do the mission :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I picked it up yesterday played a few hour's i did not expect it to look so good, but the control's are doing my head in so far. Took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out how to get that feckin face mask thing on at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

GavRedKing wrote: »

Had no idea how to free him, even tried to open the doors when I was in the gunsmith, that didnt work they were all locked, so I pulled the gun out hoping to intimidate an answer out of the owner.

That worked for me,you just question him while pointing your gun at him..

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Can you switch between a pistol in your right hand to the rifle in your left without opening the weapon wheel? Like in one of the trailers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Went to the barber and got a buzz cut. Went to start a mission with Trelawney, I needed to smarten up and he brought me to the tailor first and then the barber to get a hairstyle. I’ve no f*cking hair so I cant do the mission :(

You can just change your beard or something I’m sure

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Had a huge firefight in strawberry and now I have a huge bounty on my head and only €40 dollars to my name.
    I am wanted dead or alive so I can’t even give myself up. Every mission now I being chased constantly and shot.
    Anyone know how I could get quick cash or how to give myself up..

I have to say I'm lovin' the music in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

You can just change your beard or something I’m sure

You would think but nope. I gave him a new moustache, beard and sideburns but it keeps telling me to go back to the barber for a new style. Had to cancel mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

You would think but nope. I gave him a new moustache, beard and sideburns but it keeps telling me to go back to the barber for a new style. Had to cancel mission.

I'd say Google a location for hair tonic so you can pick one up, grow your hair by 1 and then get a buzz cut again.

When I got my Arabian, I swapped the saddle, headed back to stables in valentine and went to manage horses. It did I still had the one from the start of the game which I was fully sure I sold. No sign of my war horse, no option to get him back from the stable guy and he's not at camp. Any idea where I can find him?

Was actually hard to take the saddle off him, felt really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I have to say I'm lovin' the music in the game.

What music?

Also how do you get dynamite? I went to gunsmith but couldn’t see it in his catalogue!

Drumpot wrote: »
    What music?

Also how do you get dynamite? I went to gunsmith but couldn’t see it in his catalogue!

Fences sell them. You can unlock one by doing a job with Hosea in Emerald Ranch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

That
    drinking scene with Lenny
    is one of the best/funniest/well done pieces of choreographed gameplay I've ever seen.

Only got a bronze so I'm gonna replay it.

I think I prefer Being in Rhodes with Hosea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

What music?

Not sure where I got it....i remember picking up a box in one of the missions..I think the mining camp. I flicked through one of my item slots and it appeared.
    None left now as I blew up a railway bridge.

What music?

you can buy it off a Fence if you have unlocked a fence that is..

Only solution is to murder and loot her.

Never leave witnesses.

:pac:

She was gone real quick so I couldn't do anything. Hopefully some bears will tear her to pieces.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Fences sell them. You can unlock one by doing a job with Hosea in Emerald Ranch.

I’m on chapter two, is that available?

I asked because I went past two guys who I think were robbing some wagon. I shot them and there was a safe I couldn’t open by shooting at it. Presumed I would need dynamite!

You've to put a saddle on any horse you find to make him your horse.

You should find the saddle on whatever horse you got when you come down out of the mountain.

What happens to your horse if you leave him somewhere or rob another horse get on that and bring it to the place to sell them? Does your horse eventually find you? And how do you find him if you are using a different horse?

Oh and if your horse dies do you loose all your weapons and stuff or is that on your saddle?

I asked because I went past two guys who I think were robbing some wagon. I shot them and there was a safe I couldn’t open by shooting at it. Presumed I would need dynamite!
    You can buy a lock breaker from fences too that open them up..

when the Hosea mission becomes available in chapter 2,do that and the fence will be available

Yeah on chapter 2, Hosea had a mission icon at the camp, brought me to Emerald ranch to meet a chap and at doing the next mission, he became a fence I could use.

You get dynamite at the very start of the game for a mission in chapter 1, you might still have some unless you used it all?

Also, if it's just a lock box that you can't open, equip your revolver and you will be prompted to break the lock when close enough.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah on chapter 2, Hosea had a mission icon at the camp, brought me to Emerald ranch to meet a chap and at doing the next mission, he became a fence I could use.

You get dynamite at the very start of the game for a mission in chapter 1, you might still have some unless you used it all?

Also, if it's just a lock box that you can't open, equip your revolver and you will be prompted to break the lock when close enough.

Thanks . . I might of done that mission, was that where you steal the wagon from your mans gaff?

Also it was a proper square safe beside a dead horse. I presume dynamite or that pick lock thing is the only thing that could of opened it ? Shame I couldn't take it with me for when I have the tools to unlock it! That's what any self respecting thief would do . .

• Advertisement

Thanks . . I might of done that mission, was that where you steal the wagon from your mans gaff?

Also it was a proper square safe beside a dead horse. I presume dynamite or that pick lock thing is the only thing that could of opened it ? Shame I couldn't take it with me for when I have the tools to unlock it! That's what any self respecting thief would do . .

Yupp, head back to Emerald ranch and look for your man, he should have an icon on the map saying fence.

Advertisement