Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

No wagon painting. 0/10

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

There really is no point to poor and good skins. It's just poor game design.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Anyone else get killed by a falling tree near Strawberry?

Heard someone shouting timber, but I just looked around confused before I got squashed

Another stupid death I had was admiring the view at the top of a cliff, prompt came up to sit and I sat right over the edge and went absolutely flying

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Game is pissing me off a bit now with its long rides to missions and how easy it is to get into bother.

The amount of times I go to jump on my horse and end up choking someone because it's the same button, or jumping on wrong horse by mistake, or just hitting off someone as I mount.

There are some really shít sides to this game

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Joshua J wrote: »
    Really didnt like this game first 3 days I got it. Was a chore to deal with the camp and stuff so I said "fook da camp" and went off on my own exploring and hunting for legendary animals and is a whole different gaming experience now.

This for me as well

I really didn't take to how slow and rigid all the systems felt, but then I went into FPS mode and turned the HUD off and just started living in the wilderness hunting boars, elks and squirrels and tbh I would prefer to play this game instead of the cowboy one they actually made.

I reckon I'll have all or most the Pearson upgrades got by end of chapter 3

• Advertisement

"You got some money fo' me, boah? I seen your name in our ledgah."

Arthur's voice actor should do audio books in his voice. He's brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Donegal just got mentioned by Sean Maguire, game of the year for me lads :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I need a new TV for this game. 32" just isn't big enough to see everything properly

mutley18 wrote: »

Walked into camp earlier and he was ranting about the Brits...

I love him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

mutley18 wrote: »

He also mentions Connemara (and Kerry iirc), to please the token Irish no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

A7uGHkm.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Nalz wrote: »
    Game is pissing me off a bit now with its long rides to missions and how easy it is to get into bother.

The amount of times I go to jump on my horse and end up choking someone because it's the same button, or jumping on wrong horse by mistake, or just hitting off someone as I mount.

There are some really shít sides to this game

For the longer rides I just use the cinematic option and let him off on his own.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

J. Marston wrote: »
    "You got some money fo' me, boah? I seen your name in our ledgah."

Arthur's voice actor should do audio books in his voice. He's brilliant.

I don't know why it jumped out at me but I love the way he says "sure".
    harr wrote: »
    For the longer rides I just use the cinematic option and let him off on his own.

Same, though last night while I was getting a beer from the fridge he managed to get into a head on collision with another horse. The other rider started shooting at me so I ended up having to kill him and two witnesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I don't know why it jumped out at me but I love the way he says "sure".

Same, though last night while I was getting a beer from the fridge he managed to get into a head on collision with another horse. The other rider started shooting at me so I ended up having to kill him and two witnesses.

How do you get him to follow the waypoints/paths in Cinematic view without holding a button?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

astradave wrote: »
    How do you get him to follow the waypoints/paths in Cinematic view without holding a button?

Once you have a waypoint set and you're on a road with a red path on it just press and hold select while the horse is running. It can be finicky sometimes but once you're on a road and a waypoint is set he will usually follow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Once you have a waypoint set and you're on a road with a red path on it just press and hold select while the horse is running. It can be finicky sometimes but once you're on a road and a waypoint is set he will usually follow it.

Ah right, I was going into the view first before setting off so wasnt moving unless I was pressing A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Tuco88

Anyone else feel guilty about shooting the O'Driscolls lads? Dammit it an't right... we should be rolling with em.

Double action revolvers and an auto shotgun fellas.

Talk about death rides a horse...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

As Mickeroo said, don't leave the cinematic cam unattended or you may come back to find yourself dead. I've never used it for more than 20-30 seconds. Also in one case my waypoint became unset and my horse was just running along the road in the opposite direction that I wanted to go in.

I also haven't had many big boring journeys that required it. I find the main story missions are pretty good about skipping over uneventful return journeys, etc. Not like Horizon Zero Dawn which had me traipsing back and forth across the same distance Frodo travelled to destroy the ring only to meet some character acting like he just walked down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Trying to find a badger made me give up on the hunting for a while as well.

One thing I'd suggest is killing the legendary buck and making the trinket out of its antlers that improves the quality of the skins you get. Although I have it and I haven't noticed a difference.

The value disparity between your bounty versus npc's bounties is really starting to annoy me. Two people in Strawberry practically shoved their head under my horse's hoof - 35 dollar bounty. I go to the sheriff to do a bounty hunter mission - "This is a real bad one. He's 12 feet tall, has killed hundreds and consumes the souls of bounty hunters to live longer.We need him alive for questioning." - 45 dollar bounty :mad::rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

When I'm on horse back and lasso a person, how do I get off the horse while still keeping the person lassoed?

On Xbox I press Y to get of the horse bit the lasso is undone allowing the person flee or.attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

Getting more into the game but big problem is the law and bounty hunters, I keep getting killed and money wiped out, it’s ruining the experience as Constantly being hunted, is it a case of avoiding committing crimes at all costs? Also what is the quickest way to make money?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Penn

doylefe wrote: »
    When I'm on horse back and lasso a person, how do I get off the horse while still keeping the person lassoed?

On Xbox I press Y to get of the horse bit the lasso is undone allowing the person flee or.attack.

Just keep hold of LT the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Calltocall wrote: »
    Getting more into the game but big problem is the law and bounty hunters, I keep getting killed and money wiped out, it’s ruining the experience as Constantly being hunted, is it a case of avoiding committing crimes at all costs? Also what is the quickest way to make money?

You just run away? To be honest I have made a lot of money killing these bounty hunters and looting. Don't forget to try kill their horses too. You can get loot from the saddle bags.

Maybe avoid them till you unlock the next deadeye level to paint the particular areas. Then Use your dead eye and chewing tobacco/snake oil. You will mince them once you get the hang of it. As long as you are not in a hot zone they don't come back for awhile.

I don't want to spoil anything but if you have not got duel wielding. Go do the mechia mission as soon as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,085 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

doylefe wrote: »

Don't let go of LT when you press Y.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

See a lot of people having issues with the bounty system here and start thinking I'm playing the game wrong :(

On chapter 3 and have only had 3 bounties I think. Big one in Strawberry for a mission.
    Minor one in Valentine for another mission and 50 dollars or so for beating some guy up after he threatened me.

Really enjoying it so far though, have taken some time out from the main story to do the side quests and a bit of exploring. Back to work this afternoon though so my time will be fairly limited until Tuesday morning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Can you lasso other animals apart from horses?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp, like you can Lasso a deer, hold onto him and when you get close enough, you can cut its throat for a perfectly clean kill.

Not sure, only one I've lasso'd successfully apart from horse is a
    zebra
    :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I lassoed a 'zebra' as part of one mission but haven't tried with anything else. Kinda wanted to try it with the lion later on during same mission but it wouldn't let me, had to shoot it.

I don't fancy trying on a bear though :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Not sure, only one I've lasso'd successfully apart from horse is a
    zebra
    :pac:

Yeah, did that alright. Rode him back and all :pac:
    That’s if he even was a
    zebra and not a painted donkey

Advertisement