Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I played to the end of C3 yesterday and into C4....I think the story stepped it up massively.I was hooked last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Necrominus wrote: »
    I lassoed a 'zebra' as part of one mission but haven't tried with anything else. Kinda wanted to try it with the lion later on during same mission but it wouldn't let me, had to shoot it.

I don't fancy trying on a bear though :pac:

That didnt end well for me :(

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

mutley18 wrote: »
    Donegal just got mentioned by Sean Maguire, game of the year for me lads :P

He's deadly. Yer man does a great job on the Dublin accent but the Cork Bai slips out now and again! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

You just run away? To be honest I have made a lot of money killing these bounty hunters and looting. Don't forget to try kill their horses too. You can get loot from the saddle bags.

Maybe avoid them till you unlock the next deadeye level to paint the particular areas. Then Use your dead eye and chewing tobacco/snake oil. You will mince them once you get the hang of it. As long as you are not in a hot zone they don't come back for awhile.

I don't want to spoil anything but if you have not got duel wielding. Go do the mechia mission as soon as you can.

Yeah I don't mind the bounty hunters too much. You can see them coming before they see you, and they always have decent loot and generally carry platinum/gold jewellery. Made a good bit of money from that. As you say the saddle bags are good too, I didn't cop onto that for a while, found a couple of gold nuggets in them.

Though I did eventually cave and pay my large bounty in West Elizabeth, as once I'd killed the bounty hunters a good few times, they came with a couple extra as well as hunting dogs! It just wasn't worth the hassle when I was trying to hunt!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Finished this last night. Played like a bastard the last few days. Very happy with the ending and scope for continued play.
    would like to have been able to upgrade Beechers Hope or to personalise it, but I guess that will be a major factor in Online.

At any rate, can complete challenges and play at my leisure without the nagging feeling I must keep playing the story

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Lads I'm seriously about to lose the plot over these f***ing ambushes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I killed the first legendary animal you're brought out to hunt with one of the gang and couldn't do anything with the skin, so I dropped it in the camp thinking it's safe here cause the game gave me a message saying that it was safe and off I go on another mission. 2 minutes in to that, it tells me that my skin is gone cause I abandoned it. :mad: WTF was I supposed to do with it?

Shiminay wrote: »
    I killed the first legendary animal you're brought out to hunt with one of the gang and couldn't do anything with the skin, so I dropped it in the camp thinking it's safe here cause the game gave me a message saying that it was safe and off I go on another mission. 2 minutes in to that, it tells me that my skin is gone cause I abandoned it. :mad: WTF was I supposed to do with it?

You have to bring the legendary pelts to the trapper.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Did any of you and your horse ever accidently collide with someone else riding their horse? Happened to me a few times, and when it does, I find a gun pointing at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Nalz wrote: »
    Paid off a bounty in Saint Denis at the post office,
    went to climb on my horse directly after leaving the post office
    a woman walked by as I was about to press Y

I ended up choking her and had to run from the cops again...

Did the same thing to the Sherriff of Valentine.. it didnt end well..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

shrewdness wrote: »
    Stumbled into a pig farm, the farmer was a bit on edge and pulled a gun a bit early for my liking. So I killed him and fed him to his own pigs.

investigate one of the 3 sheds on that farm..youll see why he got a bit trigger happy,if its the same pig farm im think of.. *strums banjo*

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Did any of you and your horse ever accidently collide with someone else riding their horse? Happened to me a few times, and when it does, I find a gun pointing at me.

I was just galloping out of valentine after picking up a bounty mission and my horse ran over a guy on another horse and killed him. Ended up being chased out of town and just after I got away a bunch of guys tried to ambush me down by the river...

I’ve been going around exploring the map and it’s extremely difficult to explore without something happening that ends in somebody ending up dead!

bigphil2 wrote: »
    investigate one of the 3 sheds on that farm..youll see why he got a bit trigger happy,if its the same pig farm im think of.. *strums banjo*

This was in the south of New Hannover I think?

I wonder is there a way side/stranger missions can be replayed, or if it becomes an option after the story is finished? I only see story missions to be replayed here, but you could replay stranger missions in GTA V if I remember right.

shrewdness wrote: »
    I wonder is there a way side/stranger missions can be replayed, or if it becomes an option after the story is finished? I only see story missions to be replayed here, but you could replay stranger missions in GTA V if I remember right.

Yeh. There was one I think side mission where a guy was coming out of a woods and I accidentally pulled a gun on him, he panicked and just literally died.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Has anyone had this happen?

You're hunting a snake and it magically dies, no more head just dead. Has happened to me twice, was in dead eye trying to get a clean kill and before I shot it dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

J Mysterio wrote: »
    No wagon painting. 0/10

Wagon painting would be cool. Being out in the fresh air and coating wood sounds pretty darn relaxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Mitch Is a prick ... any time I get together with him for a mission it’s ends up a disaster and a blood bath

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Wagon painting would be cool. Being out in the fresh air and coating wood sounds pretty darn relaxing.

Some data files point to that you can buy multiple types of wagons for Online. I'm guessing you'll be able to paint them ones :)

No interest in wagons, but one of them has a Gatling gun attached :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I've been playing Red Dead Redemption 2 for a week now and I love it. Looking forward to Red Dead online too.

I've been mainly playing the game as an honorable character but i've had to kill quite a lot. Most of them were just bandits and outlaws though. Also doing a lot of hunting too.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,267 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mr.S wrote: »
    After you skin an animal and pick up the carcas, how do you give it back to the butcher at camp? Every time I bring the carcas to him, the body gets teleported to another area of the camp.

Just leave them on your horse and they will be in the menu when you go to donate.

I was passing some people being held up. I didn’t save them and it said if I do something there is a reward. I missed where to bring the horse and Carraige. Where can I read the narrative or story instructions?

Also what are my options?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Really needs to be a better way to store pelts. You should be able to drop them in the camp, store them in a bail and sell them all together! The larger pelts are a pain there should be a way to stash those and come back later with another horse or 2, then sell them. Go hunting then go to the trapper one time for all the boost stuff.

Came across loads of cabins on my travels wondering if Rockstar will release DLC where you make your own cabin like the way Bethesda released the Hearthfire dlc with Skyrim, would tie the lumber yards into the side quest! Some cabins have crops also and herbs to be looted!

Yeah pelts are an issue, I was at the end of chapter 2 and couldn't donate it and the mission made me drop the perfect bear one because I had to take a passenger on the horse. :mad:

What’s the crack with home robberies? I’ve had two people give me places to rob but I don’t see the rob house icon on the map! And I don’t know where to go back and look at where your man told
    Me I could find it? What screen is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Yeah pelts are an issue, I was at the end of chapter 2 and couldn't donate it and the mission made me drop the perfect bear one because I had to take a passenger on the horse. :mad:

Well they are optional missions. I don't think they count towards overall progression.

For large pelts, I read the best thing to do is borrow/steal/tame a 2nd horse, hold up for long whistle which makes your main horse follow you. Bond with the new horse on the way to the hunt so it doesn't run off first chance it gets. Then you can store 2 large pelts on 1 trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

I was very much looking forward to this game and I've played about 6/7 hours of it so far. It is extraordinarily impressive in terms of scale, detail, atmosphere and just how much there is to do. It's nuts. You really do feel like each time you set out from camp that anything could happen and you never know where you'll end up. But at the same time I'm starting to realise... I just couldn't be fucking arsed.
    I couldn't be arsed washing. Couldn't be arsed shaving. Couldn't be arsed doing DIY on the camp. Couldn't be arsed changing my clothes. Couldn't be arsed having to regularly eat. Couldn't be arsed brushing down my horse. Couldn't be arsed crafting shit. Couldn't be arsed being nice. Couldn't be arsed stopping to take it all in. Couldn't be arsed having to take care of things. Couldn't be arsed dealing with lads starting on me and then I get into crap with the law. Couldn't be arsed with the desperate controls. Couldn't be arsed with more convoluted explanations of basic systems than Dark Souls.
    Most of all I couldn't be arsed taking time out of real life... To pretend that I'm back in a sort of real life.
    Now, I'm pretty sure I'd have been obsessed with this game when I was in college around the time of the first game but now... Just be fun please. Tell me a story and have responsive controls. Do something a little new, instead of just adding copious amounts of micromanaging.

To be fair a lot of those sentiments are probably because I just finished God of War the day before this came out which I thought was a wonderfully coherent and satisfying piece of work (although it did have an excessive loot problem) but yeah... So far, I couldn't be arsed.

I'll keep playing cos there's a good chance I'll get past all that once things make proper sense in my head and I start enjoying it, but at the moment playing the game kinda feels like a second job.

I 'found' a cool bear hat after going hunting with Charles. I thought once you wear a new hat, it gets added to your hat collection? I headed back to camp to my clothes and it isn't in my hat selection. Anyone know if we can store hats we find?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Shamelessly stolen from Funny GIFs:

gQWXwlZ.gif

Advertisement