Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband connection

Options
  • 10-04-2015 4:52pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭

I am writing in behalf of a friend who is trying to get broadband installed. Initially he tried to get Vodafone but they told him he was too far away from the exchange to get a good connection. Would it be possible for somebody from eircom to check the line please as his next door neighbour has eircom broadband and he should be connected to the same exchange.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I am writing in behalf of a friend who is trying to get broadband installed. Initially he tried to get Vodafone but they told him he was too far away from the exchange to get a good connection. Would it be possible for somebody from eircom to check the line please as his next door neighbour has eircom broadband and he should be connected to the same exchange.

Thanks
    Hi AngryDiMaria

Sure, PM me the address of the neighboring line and your friends address and I'll look in to this for you. If there's an old number for a previous service at your friends address that would really help a lot.

Cheers
    Al

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Hi AngryDiMaria

Sure, PM me the address of the neighboring line and your friends address and I'll look in to this for you. If there's an old number for a previous service at your friends address that would really help a lot.

Cheers
    Al

I'm still waiting on a reply to the PM I sent you on the weekend.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Still no reply to my PM, what's going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi AngryDiMaria

Cheers
    Al

I'm still waiting on a reply to the PM I sent you on the weekend.
    Hi AngryDiMaria

I had escalated this to broadband operations and field engineers who have noth confirmed that your fiends line will be unable to get broadband from eircom.

While your friends neighbor can get broadband I'm sorry to say this would not mean they can get broadband - lines are not laid in direct sight (not as the crow flies) and ultimately in this case the line is too far from the exchange.

I'm genuinely sorry I can't offer you better news

Al

Advertisement