Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Be Careful…Men in Vans

• 10-04-2015 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭

Three times in the last month I've been asked what type of dog my fella is by random men in vans. This has been in the North Kildare area.

The first time I was with my husband so not so intimidated, and the second time two guys were driving by, slowed and shouted it out the window. The last time however, I felt extremely nervous that something was going to happen as there were 4 men at van who went quiet as I passed and then one called after me asking about the breed.

I would lose the plot if something happened to my guy. Dog theft just seems to be an ever increasing problem. I just want to walk my dog in peace and not have to worry about this. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

What breed is your dog? Any sort of sighthound by any chance?! This is the absolute only thing that would ever put me off getting a grey or a lurcher, these kind of scummy feckers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Throw in that your dog is neutered/spayed, as these thieves only want a dog for breeding or fighting. At least you lower the risk of one of the attractions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

He's a Miniature Schnauzer, and I can only think that these idiots have started to notice more of them around (as I have) and are thinking they should add them to their list of breeds worth stealing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

Also mention that the dog is meds for a dodgy heart, blood disorder or whatever and you are surprised the dog is doing as well as it is.

Make it sound as worthless and troublesome as you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

Scumbags. I don't know which is worse the puppy farmers or the dog fighters

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Have you told the gardaí locally?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

Also be very mindful when you are out walking. Apparently some of these ba$tards will actually follow you home and come back later to steal the dog.

If you think you're being followed or watched, take a detour.

Advertisement