Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What plan is this?

Options
  • 10-04-2015 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

hi there.

Posted during the week but couldn't add photo, so here I go again.

I had my garden done about 2 years ago and never got a planting guide or list etc. I've found what most plants are and how to care etc but I've just returned to find this one in bad shape and prob in need of replacing. It was beautiful, lush green with dark red flower with and great small smack ground cover.

Any help in identifying this would be great

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

al-pal wrote: »
    hi there.

Posted during the week but couldn't add photo, so here I go again.

I had my garden done about 2 years ago and never got a planting guide or list etc. I've found what most plants are and how to care etc but I've just returned to find this one in bad shape and prob in need of replacing. It was beautiful, lush green with dark red flower with and great small smack ground cover.

Any help in identifying this would be great

Thanks.

It's a red mossy saxifrage and will probably fill out more. Wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

As far as I know they don't like waterlogged soil so if they are staying very wet they may be dying back

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭al-pal

lk67 wrote: »
    It's a red mossy saxifrage and will probably fill out more. Wait and see.

It was in a bed about 4 foot wide by about 6 inches. It was full but now it's just a few patches about 2inches squared in that area. There is a water feature bordering it and I've just found it leaking so maybe they were getting too much water logging

Thanks for your help.
    Off to the local garden centers to try find it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭al-pal

Roselm wrote: »
    As far as I know they don't like waterlogged soil so if they are staying very wet they may be dying back

There is a water feature bordering it and it has started leaking. So that's prob it. Out fixing that this morning and then off to try find some new plants.
    Thanks. Appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

al-pal wrote: »
    It was in a bed about 4 foot wide by about 6 inches. It was full but now it's just a few patches about 2inches squared in that area. There is a water feature bordering it and I've just found it leaking so maybe they were getting too much water logging

Thanks for your help.
    Off to the local garden centers to try find it now.

No bother. If you fixed the leak it will probably recover.

• Advertisement
Advertisement