Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

BIG HUGS ALL-ROUND GUISE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,797 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Alls ok in the world again :).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

All in all was a good night for Irish MMA alot better then I thought I'd be. Even if it was just to see The showstoppers face pre decision.

Bring on September.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Yea I think ive put my point across Arseways. My apologies. Back in the day, sbg got slack, and still do.
    My main point though was about reading tonight’s live updates, and names like davern, price, Breslin were common names on the MMA scene in 2012. It was like reading a thread from back then.

Don't mind Marcos, if he sees anything that even comes close to being complimentary towards SBG he loses his sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,053 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Great night. I don't know much about the sbg lads opponents so can't comment on the Calibre some didn't offer much though. McGregor needs a better main sparring partner, queally is absolutely rubbish. Can't wrestle, strike, has zero ground game, a really really average fighter.

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »
    Great night. I don't know much about the sbg lads opponents so can't comment on the Calibre some didn't offer much though. McGregor needs a better main sparring partner, queally is absolutely rubbish. Can't wrestle, strike, has zero ground game, a really really average fighter.

I was shocked at some saying he was robbed. Guy got absolutely schooled and he said as much himself. Myles didn't take a step back all night keep on front foot and being the aggressor.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thanks for the updates last night South, I couldn't watch it live and found it hard to get updates online.

Great to see Royce so happy.

https://twitter.com/MirrorSportIE/status/1099419587312013312?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

The atmosphere was amazing last night. Can't wait until they come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭EoineyM

wow. to call the two ward and gallagher beat cans is a disservice to cylindrical shaped metal containers around the world

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Thanks for the updates last night South, I couldn't watch it live and found it hard to get updates online.

Great to see Royce so happy.

https://twitter.com/MirrorSportIE/status/1099419587312013312?s=19

No probs Zero. I knew a few had issues with the stream so just wanted folk to know results. I insulted this card and I was wrong I was impressed. Kiefer crosbie although a friend so I'm a little biased is getting better and better. He doesn't hold up- Ireland's rampage Jackson for that pressure he applies.

• Advertisement

I think Keifer is leaps and bounds ahead of every other fighter in the country at the moment. His game looks to have everything and he looks comfortable and composed wherever the fight goes. Really looking forward to seeing him back in action again, I hope he gets over onto an American card before the end of the year.

That was a great night last night, delighted to see such a strong turnout with the arena close to capacity and in great voice. Hopefully the TV audience was decent too. Onwards and upwards for Irish and European MMA hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Have to admit that crosbie was impressive, i dont know near what most guys here do about mma as i have never done it, but he looked legit very good, impressive hand speed.

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Have to admit that crosbie was impressive, i dont know near what most guys here do about mma as i have never done it, but he looked legit very good, impressive hand speed.

Go and watch his fight on BAMMA from last year in Dublin if you haven't already seen it. Absolute cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

The only thing I didn't like about crosbie was his post fight interview. It would have been a great chance to call out one of the more reputable 170lb Bellator fighters but he goes calling for a 165lb title shot. He's never going to have enough pull to get that one over the line. For instance if he called out Van Der Ford (aka Mr PVZ) then I could easily imagine him getting that fight and it'd be pretty high profile.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Go and watch his fight on BAMMA from last year in Dublin if you haven't already seen it. Absolute cracker.

I'd like him to start pushing for American cards. Seems he's happy to be fighting in the N.I.C. he is so talented he could start asking questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Could they have gotten a bigger can for Gallagher?
    That was laughable.
    So was paying Big John and Chael to hype him up as the new McGregor.
    They seemed to have even gotten James to grow a beard and get a few Conor mannerisms as well.
    There was a few entertaining fights but the whole James Gallagher thing is a farce and an embarrassment to the whole institution of Bellator.

Asus X540L wrote: »
    That was laughable.
    They seemed to have even gotten James to grow a beard and get a few Conor mannerisms as well.
    There was a few entertaining fights but the whole James Gallagher thing is a farce and an embarrassment to the whole institution of Bellator.

Steven Graham's first bellator fight he's on a main card says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,302 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

That was laughable.

Booking prospects against cans is the whole institution of Belator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That was an incredibly embarrassing main card even by Bellator standards. The only properly matched fight was Queally and Price. Ward's knockout was decent, Kiefer Crosbie looked good, though.

The guy Gallagher fought was the biggest bum of them all. Did anyone see Gallagher's post-fight bit where he was wearing the McGregor shades? It's painful at that stage, I've never seen a man so desperately want to be another man.

Some of the top comments on the video :D
    When you order a Conor Mcgregor from Alibaba
    I thought Kevin Lee was cringe but this wannabe McGregor is reaching new galaxies.
    It's weird seeing a man trying to be another man.
    This dude probably watches so many Conor videos he doesn't even realize he's copying him it's just engrained into his brain at this point.
    You wonder about his...brain. Is he alright

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

I'm surprised Gallagher didn't do the Vince McMahon walk.
    He nearly lost his life when security spoke to his mother inside the ring. Really unlikeable, can't wait to see him get a hiding.

• Advertisement

Esse85 wrote: »
    I'm surprised Gallagher didn't do the Vince McMahon walk.
    He nearly lost his life when security spoke to his mother inside the ring. Really unlikeable, can't wait to see him get a hiding.

Get a hiding? Again like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Get a hiding? Again like.

First time I've seen a genuine WWE "superkick" in the cage (Thanks to Sherdog for gifs)

sweetchin3.gif

GrandVelvetyAstarte-size_restricted.gif

FailingGraciousBlackmamba-size_restricted.gif

First time I've seen a genuine WWE "superkick" in the cage (Thanks to Sherdog for gifs)

sweetchin3.gif

GrandVelvetyAstarte-size_restricted.gif

FailingGraciousBlackmamba-size_restricted.gif

I love that moment when he glanced dazed into the distance and I'm sure he's getting flash backs of the Snapchat Ricky's ****ed.

https://youtu.be/2nQr-nmvAmY

Forgive the quality. It's fine on me phone

Gallagher fought an absolute nobody. Graham who has went 6-4 previous to this fought on a mixed pro and ammy promotion.
    Fella crosbie beat (who I actually rate) lost in first round to Cowley in brave recently.

Gallagher fought an absolute nobody. Graham who has went 6-4 previous to this fought on a mixed pro and ammy promotion.
    Fella crosbie beat (who I actually rate) lost in first round to Cowley in brave recently.

Hate being that guy. But wrong Olejnicezek

Hate being that guy. But wrong Olejnicezek

Wrong?

Wrong?

Ones Daniel, ones Oktawian. Ones welter ones light.

Ones Daniel, ones Oktawian. Ones welter ones light.

Olejniczak lost to Cowley back in June I remember watching it.

• Advertisement

Olejniczak lost to Cowley back in June I remember watching it.

Oh right just different weight classes so thought it was a different fighter with same surname

Advertisement