Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Here's the vid of the weigh in, just bizarre, as if taking off the shorts would help :pac: That little guy with him is apparently his muay thai coach but you just don't know what to believe with Mayhem.

strange alright. What was with the attempted shocked look when they gave out his weight? Was he really trying to act surprised he was that far overweight? Fair play to Barnett, very professional to even do the face off and shake his hand after that.

https://twitter.com/MMAjunkieJohn/status/733670743821684736

Schiavolin was the MW who was supposed to be fighting Barnetts new opponent, he'll be down the chippy right now trying to make LHW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,657 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Mayham is really taking the heat off Palhares here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Mellor wrote: »
    Mayham is really taking the heat off Palhares here

Really looking forward to watching him rip some limbs, he's a joy to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,848 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

ASOT wrote: »
    Really looking forward to watching him rip some limbs, he's a joy to watch.

He's a complete scumbag with the brain capacity of a zoo chimp

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    He's a complete scumbag with the brain capacity of a zoo chimp

Absolute dummy but great to watch bar the holding, his ground game is phenomenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,916 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Leave him alone lads, he's a changed man! He said so at the last Polaris but then he didn't get in a position to do any damage. Saying that, i wouldn't send my enemy into the cage with him.

Leave him alone lads, he's a changed man! He said so at the last Polaris but then he didn't get in a position to do any damage. Saying that, i wouldn't send my enemy into the cage with him.
    I can't tell if the last Polaris was a sign he changed, or just how great Tonon was at shutting him down.
    This time he faces a guys playing fancy dress Vikings. He'll rip his leg off if he feels like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭califano

I can't tell if the last Polaris was a sign he changed, or just how great Tonon was at shutting him down.
    This time he faces a guys playing fancy dress Vikings. He'll rip his leg off if he feels like it

hahahah mucho love!!

So is Peter Queally fighting on Venator? I saw be was as of 2 days ago but i found sine live play results and he's name isn't on the card.

Edit: Never mind, fecking sherdog didn't have him as part of their results card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

So is Peter Queally fighting on Venator? I saw be was as of 2 days ago but i found sine live play results and he's name isn't on the card.

Edit: Never mind, fecking sherdog didn't have him as part of their results card.

When is he on? Or have I missed it :(

He got the flu and pulled out of the card..... Or didn't want to miss Roddy's wedding haha

Deadst4r wrote: »
    When is he on? Or have I missed it :(

I think he's on in about 3 fights time. I found 3 different live results pages through google and they all show different order of fights .

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

He got the flu and pulled out of the card..... Or didn't want to miss Roddy's wedding haha

Ah ok cheers.

Ah balls

Ah balls

No big loss anyway very boring fighter IMO.

• Advertisement

No big loss anyway very boring fighter IMO.

Why did you say he got the flu and pulled out?.

califano wrote: »
    Why did you say he got the flu and pulled out?.

https://twitter.com/MMA_Jim/status/734112776881340416

Aaaaaaand Mayhem got choked out in the 2nd round.

Looks like he's been training with Rousey :pac:

https://twitter.com/ZPGIFs/status/734125585312690176

Thanks sounds right dodgy to me. Never even got on twitter to say so and his recent posts there sound 'not normal' as Lance would say.

• Advertisement

Wow, head down swing for the fences. He was my favourite fighter in Strikeforce and Dream. Slick jiujitsu and tough as nails :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Is queally definitely off?

and Palhares finished in the 1st round!

https://twitter.com/ZPGIFs/status/734141575182319616

Devastator wrote: »
    and Palhares finished in the 1st round!

https://twitter.com/ZPGIFs/status/734141575182319616

632d42c0-cff3-11e3-a1d8-2fb22c91f1dc_hannibal-2001-mason-verger-gary-oldman-01.jpg
    Ooooohhhh Delightfulll ah ahh ahhh ahhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

BAMMA main event replay about to start on Spike if anyone's interested.

Wowza! If you want to see a perfect clinch elbow it's worth a look!

jimmii wrote: »
    BAMMA main event replay about to start on Spike if anyone's interested.

I turned it on earlier but David Haye was on talking and Id just watched him fight some donkey on another channel so had to turn him off

I turned it on earlier but David Haye was on talking and Id just watched him fight some donkey on another channel so had to turn him off

Lol! Bit weird how they get him in for MMA guess they need a face who is a fighter. The French lad looks proper legit he is small for bantamweight be impressive if he can hold both belts for a while now. Maybe we'll see him on a European UFC card in the not too distant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Lol! Bit weird how they get him in for MMA guess they need a face who is a fighter. The French lad looks proper legit he is small for bantamweight be impressive if he can hold both belts for a while now. Maybe we'll see him on a European UFC card in the not too distant.

Tom Duquesnoy? yeah he'll be in the ufc very soon I reckon, got serious skills

• Advertisement

Any fighter will do type of thing? I cant get my head around them having a boxer for MMA. If they wanted a face, but someone who at least knows a little, they could have went for Alex Reid. Fight fans will know him just aswell as Haye, but argubly general public may know him more than Haye just because he's a 'celebrity'

Depp wrote: »
    Tom Duquesnoy? yeah he'll be in the ufc very soon I reckon, got serious skills

Insane speed. Timing on the elbow was superb.

Any fighter will do type of thing? I cant get my head around them having a boxer for MMA. If they wanted a face, but someone who at least knows a little, they could have went for Alex Reid. Fight fans will know him just aswell as Haye, but argubly general public may know him more than Haye just because he's a 'celebrity'

I assume that's why they got him. Scary world when Alex Reid is as well known by the masses as David Haye! Maybe back in his Jordan days but Haye gets a lot of media in the UK so a lot of people know who he is especially with him being on Dave.

Insane speed. Timing on the elbow was superb.

yeah hes very good, if he fights in bamma again ill be surprised! ufc dont sign him after his last few theyre crazy, especially cause he can make 125

Well he showed me.

All hail our Viking overlord..

Depp wrote: »
    yeah hes very good, if he fights in bamma again ill be surprised! ufc dont sign him after his last few theyre crazy, especially cause he can make 125

Yeh they can feed a couple of randoms to him and build up a bit of a story before throwing him to the wolves (or more accurately the mouse!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

The reason Haye is always on the BAMMA shows is he's one of the owners of the promotion.

• Advertisement

read about that headkick earlier but the video wasn't working. I really hate headkicks on the ground, gives me a sick feeling in the pit on my guts

read about that headkick earlier but the video wasn't working. I really hate headkicks on the ground, gives me a sick feeling in the pit on my guts

Definitely not cool alright. Surprised a relatively large promotion like One allows it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

That 'soccer kick' just isn't right. It shouldn't be allowed.

Whelo79 wrote: »

Yeah its horrible to see, dont like one atal!

Whelo79 wrote: »

Definitely doesn't show the sport in a good light either. It's one of those clips that the anti-mma crowd will have a field day with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Kick like that ah, just no skill and bad form

• Advertisement

I hate soccer kicks. Simply because they are most likely to happen when the opponent is already out. Unlike a standing head kick.
    I'd also expect they generate more force than a standing head kick due to better leverages, less inhibition in the opposing muscles etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I hate soccer kicks. Simply because they are most likely to happen when the opponent is already out. Unlike a standing head kick.
    I'd also expect they generate more force than a standing head kick due to better leverages, less inhibition in the opposing muscles etc

Ya I think a major thing is it takes away intelligently defending yourself out of the equation, defense mode not given a chance with a soccer kick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I'm not a fan of soccer kicks either although funnily enough I'm in favour if allowing knees to a downed opponent.

Partly to avoid the nonsense of making a knee illegal but placing your hand on the ground but in general I think it's a more valid technique on the ground rather than just being a killer shot to an already unconscious opponent.

Anyone bored?

Live streaming of an vent called ABC40 Battleground going on. Headliner is Mr JT Money, 1 time TUF finalist, owner of 1 UFC loss and 1 of the biggest morons you'll find in MMA....plus he has a really sh*t nickname :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,848 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Anyone bored?

Live streaming of an vent called ABC40 Battleground going on. Headliner is Mr JT Money, 1 time TUF finalist, owner of 1 UFC loss and 1 of the biggest morons you'll find in MMA....plus he has a really sh*t nickname :D

Think he fought Chris fields a few years back too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement