Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully D wrote: »
    I see he's matched up with Luke Ord at Made 4 The Cage in Newcastle at the end of this month. Ord is 3-0 with all 3 of his wins coming via submission. Should be a good fight. Hopefully Frans will get the job done.

Frans won via 1st round KO. Nice way to get back on track:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The Bellator weigh-ins are a depressing affair.

dBkSnm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Gallagher acting the twat as usual at the faceoff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

His opponent says ''Its kill or be killed for me'' **** off robbing Nates material.

Gallagher acting the twat as usual at the faceoff.

He's a phenomenal talent but doesn't need to be making any physical contact there at all.

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    He's a phenomenal talent but doesn't need to be making any physical contact there at all.

He's the ultimate Conor wannabe.

I have to agree,in every single sense literally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I got free tickets to Bellator from work, any fights I should look out for in particular?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Where can I watch the lad fight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Yup...we are in "The Attitude Era"

someones gonna get the reference :P

• Advertisement

Saipanne wrote: »
    Where can I watch the lad fight?

Spike 21:00-22:00

Channel 5 22:00-00:00

Others to watch out for Paul Daley and MVP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The Bellator weigh-ins are a depressing affair.

Yeah, watching it a while ago, you'd never think in a million years that was the 2nd biggest MMA organisation in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

The result of the Fedor and Maldonado fight has been overturned to a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Danye

Is he really as good as people are hyping him to be? I genuinely hope he is.

He's obviously inspired by Conor in a lot of ways but he should carve out his own niche and be his own person. There's only one Conor. Anybody else trying to do what Conor does (personality wise) looks 2nd rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Well Gallagher is obviously a complete moron. Imagine trying to imitate 1 of the highest paid, most recognizable MMA fighters in the world. I can't even start to understand his reasons. Only an idiot would do that!!! :rolleyes:

The lad is 19/20? He's plenty of time to "be his own person". Right now its about getting his name out there and becoming better known. He's obviously doing something right if he's got into the world's 2nd biggest MMA promotion after only 3 fights.

Be back later, I see some kids outside playing football pretending to be Ronaldo. I'll have to go out and shout at them for being so stupid when they would be better trying to be a Robbie Savage or Ali Dia :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Devastator wrote: »
    Well Gallagher is obviously a complete moron. Imagine trying to imitate 1 of the highest paid, most recognizable MMA fighters in the world. I can't even start to understand his reasons. Only an idiot would do that!!! :rolleyes:

The lad is 19/20? He's plenty of time to "be his own person". Right now its about getting his name out there and becoming better known. He's obviously doing something right if he's got into the world's 2nd biggest MMA promotion after only 3 fights.

Be back later, I see some kids outside playing football pretending to be Ronaldo. I'll have to go out and shout at them for being so stupid when they would be better trying to be a Robbie Savage or Ali Dia :P

Well said Dev. I've been thinking the exact same thing. The lad doesn't know his own identity yet. He's grown up as an impressionable kid watching his gym mates path to success, so of course some of that is going to leave an impression on him. I can never understand why some people are so eager to throw negativity people's way.

Nice to know the sbg pr team are on boards do ye lads work for the severe mma wing of that pr agency withing sbg?

haha ah here lads look...ill support the lad. I dont mind a young fella mouting off a bit of banter but there was no need for the push..

Even paul daley managed to keep his hands to himself!

Gamebred wrote: »
    Nice to know the sbg pr team are on boards do ye lads work for the severe mma wing of that pr agency withing sbg?

I've no connection to the lad, never met him in my life. But I can understand why a child might mimic someone successful and I don't feel the need to throw disparaging comments his way.

dashoonage wrote: »
    haha ah here lads look...ill support the lad. I dont mind a young fella mouting off a bit of banter but there was no need for the push..

Even paul daley managed to keep his hands to himself!

They went nose to nose and there was a little push, it's not the end of the world. I don't see any comments on MVP's behavior at the weigh in?

• Advertisement

Whelo79 wrote: »
    I've no connection to the lad, never met him in my life. But I can understand why a child might mimic someone successful and I don't feel the need to throw disparaging comments his way.

Someone called him a McGregor wanna be,nobody is abusing the lad it was an observation,its not a personal attack on him if he was american and acting the same way it'd be commented on too.

They went nose to nose and there was a little push, it's not the end of the world. I don't see any comments on MVP's behavior at the weigh in?

A joker that MVP is toughest fight and its against a shot 40 year old cyborg ffs,they are taking the piss feeding him cans.

Someone called him a McGregor wanna be,nobody is abusing the lad it was an observation,its not a personal attack on him if he was american and acting the same way it'd be commented on too.

Half of the UFC roster start copying McGregor in one form or another after he came on the scene., most of them grown men. Even down to lads simply turning up in suits to a press conference. When someone lays the blueprints for success others follow.

Half of the UFC roster start copying McGregor in one form or another after he came on the scene., most of them grown men. Even down to lads simply turning up in suits to a press conference. When someone lays the blueprints for success others follow.

Dont agree,no one has went to the levels of Gallagher has, the chap has went and got the same bloody dog as Conor ffs.

Dont agree,no one has went to the levels of Gallagher has, the chap has went and got the same bloody dog as Conor ffs.

Again, he is 19. Has your mate ever bought anything that you thought was deadly and then you went out and got it yourself?

There's people all over the country that go out and buy **** because they see people on TV with it.

I don't see the issue (for now). Sure how many years is the lad training in SBG with Conor, of course traits will have rubbed off. As long as he is not a Conor clone in 2 or 3 years time, all is good.

Anyway At the end of the day I'm sure we are all hoping he wins and goes on to big things.

Completely missed MVP ? what happened?

Again, he is 19. Has your mate ever bought anything that you thought was deadly and then you went out and got it yourself?

There's people all over the country that go out and buy **** because they see people on TV with it.

I don't see the issue (for now). Sure how many years is the lad training in SBG with Conor, of course traits will have rubbed off. As long as he is not a Conor clone in 2 or 3 years time, all is good.

Anyway At the end of the day I'm sure we are all hoping he wins and goes on to big things.

Its no big deal either way if he wants to change his name to Conor McGregor I wouldnt care ive enough of my own things to worry about,I'll support because im a fan of his grappling in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Want Gallagher to win but hope he gets the head slapped off him for a minute or 2 to teach him some manners. Looking forward to seeing him with alot of pressure on him. Hope he wins.

Well said Dev. I've been thinking the exact same thing. The lad doesn't know his own identity yet. He's grown up as an impressionable kid watching his gym mates path to success, so of course some of that is going to leave an impression on him. I can never understand why some people are so eager to throw negativity people's way.

Irish begrudgery maybe? I'd never heard that term before until someone(credit to whoever) posted it in the McGregor thread.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/begrudgery
    noun 1. (Irish, informal) resentment of any person who has achieved success or wealth

Same. Never met him although I have been to 1 of his fights(*technically).

The push was feeble. If people were calling him pathetic or embarrassing because of the push I'd get it, it was so bad. For anyone interested in something actually fight related, Gallagher's opponent, Cutting, missed weight for the fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭FollowMyWay

You can picture all of the spoofers in here on a Friday night shouting "McGregor Wannabe" at all the man bun, beard combing, suit wearing lads, oh wait no, you can't.

They'll mostly likely be at home on their keyboard going zigazig ah.

I've met him briefly once, he was sound enough and had his own personality. He's young and trying to make money. His fights are boring, but I'll watch, casuing I'm watching anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Never seen Gallagher fight but definitely interested in seeing an Irish lad on such a big stage, best of luck to him.

I was taken aback a bit by how releaxed it all was that the other guy missed weight. They both seem so young for the level.

Is there anyone broadcasting/streaming the prelims which start at 6:30pm? I'd like to watch the whole card as opposed to just the main which is on Spike and Channel 5.

Is there anyone broadcasting/streaming the prelims which start at 6:30pm? I'd like to watch the whole card as opposed to just the main which is on Spike and Channel 5.

are the streaming on spike.com ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Why is Daley such an underdog here?

He's nearly 2/1 v a guy who's likely to stand and bang

Didn't see weigh ins, is Daley 100%?
    Odds have really lengthened in the past 24hrs for some reason

https://twitter.com/nobu_sakakibara/status/754271857633669124

Crocop got released,fighting in Rizin now in Japan.

• Advertisement

Bellator don't exactly make it easy on themselves do they? Card ongoing at the moment but all we get is a few fights on the main card at 9pm.

Bellator airing on tape delaying here and the uk is an absolute joke card starts at 8 and they put it on spike at 9,Coker is some eeijit.

Bellator airing on tape delaying here and the uk is an absolute joke card starts at 8 and they put it on spike at 9,Coker is some eeijit.

Yep. Utter, utter bull****.

Gallagher's fight first up so we'll be waiting an hour to watch it with the result already in the public domain. How do they expect to grow with amateur hour broadcasting?

Apparently the vast majority of the prelims were cracking bouts, but of course we don't get to see any of them.

Yep. Utter, utter bull****.

Gallagher's fight first up so we'll be waiting an hour to watch it with the result already in the public domain. How do they expect to grow with amateur hour broadcasting?

Apparently the vast majority of the prelims were cracking bouts, but of course we don't get to see any of them.

Perfect time to hook a few casual fans at this hour with nothing on tv they might get a few new followers,instead they wait to compete with saturday night tv at 9 you couldnt make it up why bring a show to europe to tape delay it,wouldnt mind if you could get a stream somewhere but theres nada.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

So should the prelims start here shortly? http://bellator.spike.com/live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

ugh, not sure whether to avoid spoilers and just wait to watch it.

It seems even the live streams are tape delayed.

So Gallagher wins a decision winning all 3 rds by the sounds of it,probably some good experience for him getting rounds in but gotta be putting 6-5 journeymen away

So when coverage moves to Channel 5, is that going to be live or tape delayed? Trying to avoid spoilers so not sure whether or not to open up Twitter at 10pm or not.

Hard to really learn anything about Gallagher from that fight. He's obviously very talented and has a lot to learn but Cutting just kept running from him. More experience will see him come good and it couldn't have been easy with all that pressure on him but he did what he needed.

His post fight speech shows that he's a likable fella but he could do with cutting out the pre-fight shennanigans because he doesn't need to go down that path.

He still has loads of time to progress but getting the win in front of a larger audience is nothing but positive for him.

I wish him well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Just saw the Gallagher fight now. Cutting was an absolute disgrace. Literally running away trying to make it to the bell and he starts spouting off with the "I thought he said he'd finish me in the 1st round" bollocks on the camera after the fight. Pathetic. Big John was very close to docking him a point for his antics.

James couldn't do a whole lot more there really but it's no harm for him to get rounds in on the big stage and he took a big head kick that didn't seem to faze him at all. You can only do so much against an opponent who's only objective was to make it to a decision and who must have covered about 94 miles of ground running around the cage.

Fcuk off cutting you fcuking kn0b! I wish Gallagher had smacked him at the weigh ins now instead of that stupid little push.
    Ran away the whole fight, starts giving the middle finger to crowd during a round when they started singing "Ole ole ole" then gets on like he's won after running away. I hope he never gets a fight on tv again.

Channel 5 not working for anyone else?

Never mind, got 5HD to work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement