Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Mothing of god thats horrible. Fingers crossed he'll be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

James Gallagher to appear on the mmahour at approx 7.45 tonight

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I hope Santos's brain is ok, always been a fan of his

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I was cageside for this and I have to say, seeing MVP blackguard a fallen opponent with a f*cking pokeball was one of the sh*ttiest things I've seen in combat sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

FTA69 wrote: »
    I was cageside for this and I have to say, seeing MVP blackguard a fallen opponent with a f*cking pokeball was one of the sh*ttiest things I've seen in combat sports.

Yeah, was a bit shíte alright. I guess given the circumstances it looks even worse in hindsight.

He's always been fairly cocky in his promos but I agree, I didn't like what he did either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Bellator have agreed to pay all his medical bills and pay him his win bonus, very played played Mr Croker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

ASOT wrote: »
    Bellator have agreed to pay all his medical bills and pay him his win bonus, very played played Mr Coker.

They have to cover the medical bills anyway but fair play Croker and Bellator giving him the win bonus too, he won't be flying home any time soon so the extra money will definitely be needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,477 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

They have to cover the medical bills anyway

Do they?

I thought it was just the UFC that have full fighter insurance.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Do they?

I thought it was just the UFC that have full fighter insurance.

That was true in 2011, it's no longer true. Bellator provide medical insurance for all their fighters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Great finish by MVP but rolling the Pokemon ball at the guy was very distasteful tho
    FTA69 wrote: »

Yeah I thought the same thing watching it on TV live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I see Tuke and Smullen are fighting at Shinobi in Liverpool tomorrow. Can this be watched live anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

http://www.mmatv.co.uk/mma/shinobi-war-8/

Click the weird white dropdown arrow.

Deadst4r wrote: »
    http://www.mmatv.co.uk/mma/shinobi-war-8/

Click the weird white dropdown arrow.

Cool, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Anyone else watching this Shinobi event? 8 euro to stream it, I went ahead and bought it. Hopefully Tuke does well, he's the best SBG prospect in my opinion and a unique character to go along with it.

moneyman wrote: »
    Anyone else watching this Shinobi event? 8 euro to stream it, I went ahead and bought it. Hopefully Tuke does well, he's the best SBG prospect in my opinion and a unique character to go along with it.

Contender for worst walkout song ever just now. What the **** is that monstrosity?

Paully D wrote: »
    Contender for worst walkout song ever just now. What the **** is that monstrosity?

There's been a few shocking ones alright! Current one is good though.

Any idea what time main event should start? Hoping Tuke/Spectre isn't too late.

moneyman wrote: »
    There's been a few shocking ones alright! Current one is good though.

Any idea what time main event should start? Hoping Tuke/Spectre isn't too late.

I'm just guessing, but I'd think about 10:30pm/11pm. Smullen about 9pm/9:30pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭califano

• Advertisement

Did they pull that guy in from the street? The shot didn't even land and he gave up.

Bloody hell, that was a quick sub from Palsson fighting out of Mjolnir. Gunnar would have enjoyed that! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Niiiiiiiiice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

So apparently two brothers are fighting in the WSOF main event tonight, anyone know if they're actually full brothers? Bizarre

TimRiggins wrote: »
    So apparently two brothers are fighting in the WSOF main event tonight, anyone know if they're actually full brothers? Bizarre

Half brothers (same dad) from Seattle, Ben Jones is best known as real life crime fighting super hero Phoenix Jones of YouTube fame. Loads of videos of him wrecking assholes in seattle where there's this weird mutually consented combat law where if both parties agree to it they can literally fight on the streets.

He patrols the streets at night in a costume and when he sees guys snatch a bag or picking fights with other people he challenges them to a fight.

He has a background in traditional striking martial arts and does some impressive switch kicks and cool spinny ****.

Will be a terrible fight though.

• Advertisement

Why won't they announce the judges scores when announcing the winner of decisions here at Shinobi?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Half brothers (same dad) from Seattle, Ben Jones is best known as real life crime fighting super hero Phoenix Jones of YouTube fame. Loads of videos of him wrecking assholes in seattle where there's this weird mutually consented combat law where if both parties agree to it they can literally fight on the streets.

He patrols the streets at night in a costume and when he sees guys snatch a bag or picking fights with other people he challenges them to a fight.

He has a background in traditional striking martial arts and does some impressive switch kicks and cool spinny ****.

Will be a terrible fight though.

Yeah i've heard Phoenix Jones on the MMA Hour before. Apparently theres a few of them that do it all with MMA/Army experience.

It's like a real life Warrior!

Surely there is not another 5 fights before the Tuke/Ventre fight? This is the only place I can find a list of the card: http://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/40544-shinobi-war-8

Bit ridiculous if so. Very late to be having the main event.

Richie Smullen's pro debut about to start now at Shinobi. 3 more fights after this upcoming one until Dylan Tuke.

It's going to be well after 12am before things finish up which is pretty ridiculous considering the card has been ongoing since 5:30pm. It's a long slog even for the most hardcore of fans especially with so many decisions.

Awesome from Smullen there. He looked dead and buried when he got caught in the choke, gets out and finishes with a heel-hook after a lovely transition. Well done.

• Advertisement

Finally! Let's go Dylan. Going for a first round finish for Tuke, even though I know nothing about the other guy.

Tuke is very good on the ground, no idea why he's trying to stand and trade here.

Holy ****! That was insane. Tuke has work to do but how tough was he? Amazing win, he showed great heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Tuke is very good on the ground, no idea why he's trying to stand and trade here.

especially when kavanagh is his coach (not noted for stand up brilliance)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

darced wrote: »
    Tuke is very much a stand up fighter, let me guess his defence is crap?[/QUOTE

stand up me hole, very strong wrestling / ground game - his stand up was a mix of pendred & artem

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

I should have said he thinks he is, was he that bad? How rocked was he?

semi knocked out, lite up but showed the inner city flat heart

7-0 now combined amateur/professional record. 4 of those 7 wins have come via submission. He certainly likes to keep it standing but I think he should try to utilise his very good ground game a lot more. If he went to the ground as his first port of call he'd be even more effective IMO.

Great fight tonight and delighted he got the win. It was a heck of a comeback after that round 1. He will come on a lot for that.

7-0 now combined amateur/professional record. 4 of those 7 wins have come via submission. He certainly likes to keep it standing but I think he should try to utilise his very good ground game a lot more. If he went to the ground as his first port of call he'd be even more effective IMO.

Great fight tonight and delighted he got the win. It was a heck of a comeback after that round 1. He will come on a lot for that.

great fighter, but his career will be short taking that type of damage

• Advertisement

great fighter, but his career will be short taking that type of damage

He's still a kid and some of your comments are blatantly offensive and trollish. He got destroyed on the feet in round one but showed incredible toughness and resilience. He also got the sub on a guy that is supposedly great on the mat. Everyone was saying if it goes to the ground, Tuke is done. He actually dominated when it was on the mat.

No defense is right, Tuke as a lot to work on. But not everyone is Conor, KO'ing everyone in sight pre-UFC. Tuke is still a very good prospect and is still a kid. Huge amount to work on though. The SBG lads seriously need to learn how to actually keep their hands up. Tuke could have won that fight comfortably if he'd have fought smarter. By far the more talented fighter. But my god, he is one tough f**ker.

That was an absolute war.

peterqueallycw70.jpg

The first International MMA promotion grounded in the Middle East, Brave Combat Federation was unveiled today in Manama, Bahrain. Brave Combat Federation (BRAVE) offers a global platform for high caliber middle-eastern fighters and international prospects from all continents to showcase and their talents in a fighter-centered MMA platform.

In addition to live events, hard core MMA fans along with casual followers can catch the Brave Combat Federation action free on our official website BraveFights.com.

The CEO of BRAVE, Mohammed Shahid, believes that Bahrain is making history now and the world is witnessing it.

“Bahrain has an overwhelming potential and we are showing this in every front possible. Arab nation in general, and specifically Bahraini nationals, are really talented, they have a driven personality, and they’re doing great things in the world of martial arts. But we want more!” Shahid said.

The promotion plans to bring the world to Bahrain and also take the region’s best and test them in all continents.

“What we are bringing, not just to Bahrain, not just to the Middle-East, but to the whole world is a model based in a convergent view of local and global markets. With that approach we will bring the world to Bahrain, and also take Bahrain to the entire world. What we are doing with Brave is creating a worldwide network for the sport of mixed martial arts that will integrate local markets in at least three continents. Each event will have local production, following the regional characteristics, but, at the same time, it will be connected to the Brave global system.

Brave’s premier show will be held on September 23, 2016 in Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain at Khalifa Sports City.

“We want to be the best MMA promotion to follow and fight for. Our fighters and their health is our priority, then comes educating and entertaining our fans. We promise high quality and exciting fight cards on every occasion. We will draft the best talent and produce high level shows. We are confident that Brave will be the next big thing in the world of MMA,” Shahid Summarized.

Brave 1 will be headlined by the much anticipated match-up between middle eastern MMA superstar Mohamed Fakhreddine (8-1) who will face Brazil’s undefeated Thiago Vieira (8-0) in a welterweight showdown. The co-main event will feature KHK MMA’s Eldar Eldarov(7-1) vs Ireland’s Peter Queally (8-2).

source

Is Konrad Iwanowski still in the game does anyone know?. He last fought fought Peter Queally as pictured above in 2014.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Whose that Irish fighter that was fighting in Africa. Nearly sure his name was Henry (could be wrong). He was a big prospect 2 years ago.Is he stil fighting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Whose that Irish fighter that was fighting in Africa. Nearly sure his name was Henry (could be wrong). He was a big prospect 2 years ago.Is he stil fighting?
    Henry Fadipe. He was a champ in some African promotion for a while. Nigerian fella, was fighting out of a gym in Lucan. But left them a while back. I don't think he's fought in a year or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Mellor wrote: »
    Henry Fadipe. He was a champ in some African promotion for a while. Nigerian fella, was fighting out of a gym in Lucan. But left them a while back. I don't think he's fought in a year or two.

Ye that's the lad. Was wondering what happened him

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Ye that's the lad. Was wondering what happened him

I dont think fight days(usually saturday) went down well with his religious beliefs as your not meant to be working/fighting on their holy day. From memory on a rte/tv3 aired documentary he seemed very conflicted with his chosen path which were at odds with his faith. There was a part where he was at his church in Dublin and the pastor came over for a chat and seemed quite supportive of Henry. Could be an entirely different reason though.

More of a mystery for me is John Michael Shiel. He built some impressive record(8-1) against some good fighters at the time only losing on pts in his last bout in 2012 i think and hasnt fought since. I asked here a couple times and nothing. But i noticed him sparring with Conor on some of the Mac Life clips. So hes still obv in the game probably more in a coaching/sparring capacity now.
    Im sure there is a multitude of reasons people choose not to fight again so it shouldnt be such a surprise to see people disappear from the fighting end of it.

Gabi Garcia said she would fight a man, the next Rizin event should be interesting....

califano wrote: »
    I dont think fight days(usually saturday) went down well with his religious beliefs as your not meant to be working/fighting on their holy day. From memory on a rte/tv3 aired documentary he seemed very conflicted with his chosen path which were at odds with his faith. There was a part where he was at his church in Dublin and the pastor came over for a chat and seemed quite supportive of Henry. Could be an entirely different reason though.

Was that not Frans Mlambo?

• Advertisement

Was that not Frans Mlambo?

Never mind I didn't read your post properly Paully!

Advertisement