Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

When are tickets on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I'm going to wait a little to see what the card is like, but it won't be too hard for it to beat UFC's Dublin card last year quality-wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

dashoonage wrote: »
    Great fight.

Tickets on sale 14/10/2016 priced 35-145 euro. The info is up on ticketmaster. Bamma 27 / Bellator 169

Erm i wonder is this event worth its own thread? mods?
    D.Q wrote: »
    When are tickets on sale?

No idea mate sorry. :p

No idea mate sorry. :p

Move along. Nothing to see here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭califano

Friday 14th October 2016 at 9am:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

King mo headlines vs ishii

I'll take that

but1er wrote: »
    King mo headlines vs ishii

I'll take that

Seriously or wishful thinking?

http://severemma.com/2016/10/king-mo-lawal-vs-satoshi-ishii-headlines-bellator-169-dublin-december-16/

Gallagher pulled from 164...will compete in Dublin....

Dammmmmm legit son.

Actually lads will there be a three presale for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Actually lads will there be a three presale for this?
    I don't think you'd need one. The rush won't be nearly the same.

Wait, this is in December isn't it?
    I just clicked I'll be back in Dublin mid December. Off to check dates I go

Pre sale started now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Seriously or wishful thinking?

Its serious. Thats a better headliner then I expected. Will go if the dates suit when I'm back for Christmas. Have UFC 205 and 206 coming up so would be nice to get a Bellator event in too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Not sure about that main event, it'll be a wrestling match. I'll wait to see what else gets put on the card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Presale today. I cant make it so if anyone wants a presale code for 4 tickets send me a PM. Had a look there and you pretty much have your pick of any tickets across the entire price range.

Presale today. I cant make it so if anyone wants a presale code for 4 tickets send me a PM. Had a look there and you pretty much have your pick of any tickets across the entire price range.

pm sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,477 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

It's on a Friday night??

Great prices

58 euro gives you straight on view 18 rows back

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

Any pre sale codes?

Looking to get 3 tickets

D.Q wrote: »
    pm sent

reply sent but can't tell if it delivered. either way, let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Got two 75e tickets. Was a toss up between them and the 58e ones.

Gonna' be a serious night of fights!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

reply sent but can't tell if it delivered. either way, let me know.

If the other poster doesn't use it, I will!
    Or if anyone else has a presale code that they won't use, I'd definitely make use of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

Went with the 58 ones.

Perfect really - Section D Row 18.

Best available for 75 were section D Row 14.

Excited for this now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭califano

Peter Queally steps in for Norman Parke against Decky Dalton later this month

The co-main event was also announced this week by the promotion. Frans Mlambo (2-2) returns to action against Ben Davis (5-5).

got 2 x 48e tickets. Front row of the upper tiers block F. delighted.

Presale code for two tickets. For anyone who wants it send PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

califano wrote: »
    Peter Queally steps in for Norman Parke against Decky Dalton later this month

The co-main event was also announced this week by the promotion. Frans Mlambo (2-2) returns to action against Ben Davis (5-5).

Can see norman ending up on the bammator card if the injury isnt to bad.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    It's on a Friday night??
    I land in on the saturday. What a load of pox

Row 13 of block D myself...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I got the €95 ticket. Block D row 3. Happy enough with that! Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭Petermc83

Went to the first BAMMA card in Dublin and thoroughly enjoyed the fights. However the arena was taped off ( just like the 2nd event this year) so do people think that the whole arena will sell out for this show??

from the reports ive been reading by Petesy Carroll and others, Bamma will have a card..then a full Bellator card will follow.. For an event being staged on a Friday, wont this have to start around 4/5pm to cater for all the fights? seems a strange day to pick but im sure the arena schedule is fully booked around that time of year.

• Advertisement

Petermc83 wrote: »
    Went to the first BAMMA card in Dublin and thoroughly enjoyed the fights. However the arena was taped off ( just like the 2nd event this year) so do people think that the whole arena will sell out for this show??

from the reports ive been reading by Petesy Carroll and others, Bamma will have a card..then a full Bellator card will follow.. For an event being staged on a Friday, wont this have to start around 4/5pm to cater for all the fights? seems a strange day to pick but im sure the arena schedule is fully booked around that time of year.

It says that it starts at 5pm on ticketmaster anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,912 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Just not having the UFC brand name will turn the majority off to be honest. It definitely won't be a sellout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,477 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

For an event being staged on a Friday, wont this have to start around 4/5pm to cater for all the fights? seems a strange day to pick but im sure the arena schedule is fully booked around that time of year.

It's awful daft. I know it's in Dublin but to get a good attendance at an event here you have to bring in people from around the country. I live in Donegal but myself and 3 or 4 others would be at this if it was a Saturday. No chance I can get down on a Friday after work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

callaway92 wrote: »
    Just not having the UFC brand name will turn the majority off to be honest. It definitely won't be a sellout.

The last BAMMA event had a great turnout, having Bellator joined for this one should help. Although that could be negated by it being on a Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Id say its friday due to bellator, most of there events would be a friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,912 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

moneyman wrote: »
    The last BAMMA event had a great turnout, having Bellator joined for this one should help. Although that could be negated by it being on a Friday.

I was saying there's not a hope it will sell out though. 7 500 max there I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I live in Donegal but myself and 3 or 4 others would be at this if it was a Saturday. No chance I can get down on a Friday after work!

Completely agree.

I was really looking forward to this and would have been one of the first to buy a ticket if it had been on a Saturday, but it's not just going to work for us on a Friday unfortunately. Very disappointing.

I think a lot of people outside the capital will be in the same boat (and even some from there!) and it'll end up being a relatively poorly attended event.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭hendo111

This could be a real freak show,between fighters missing weight on the bamma side and the miss matches Bellator are known for,Gallagher will be fighting a street sweeper no doubt,mvp too if hes on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 131 ✭✭MartyDublin

Really looking forward to combined show, but th friday is strange. Wasnt bellator london on a saturday night when cyborg santos and gallagher where on the card. Why not just run it on a saturday.

• Advertisement

Really looking forward to combined show, but th friday is strange. Wasnt bellator london on a saturday night when cyborg santos and gallagher where on the card. Why not just run it on a saturday.

London was a Saturday, but other events have been Saturdays. Looks to be about a 50/50 split recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭cletus

I had it in my head that they only went to Saturday nights when it doesnt directly clash with a UFC event (note, this is not based on even the most cursory of glances at dates for either organisation)

3arena booked the 17th of December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

So more than likely this won't be sold out? We want to book Saturday morning and we want the 95 euro seats.

Thers's about 5 of us going and we've never been to an mma event before. The boys only got into mma because of McGregor and I've only ever watched the UFC. Just wondering if this is expected to be good with the match ups? I only know Gallagher and Tuke from the fights announced so far. Any chance of MVP??

hefferboi wrote: »
    So more than likely this won't be sold out? We want to book Saturday morning and we want the 95 euro seats.

Thers's about 5 of us going and we've never been to an mma event before. The boys only got into mma because of McGregor and I've only ever watched the UFC. Just wondering if this is expected to be good with the match ups? I only know Gallagher and Tuke from the fights announced so far. Any chance of MVP??

I went to the last BAMMA in Dublin and it was excellent. Very entertaining. You should have no hassle getting tickets. The demand is lower than the UFC events. Booking Saturday morning should be no hassle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 131 ✭✭MartyDublin

hefferboi wrote: »

Wont be sold out but will be a great event. All events mainly are good nights. Fighters are fighters UFC,Bellator, BAAMA. If you enjoy MMA ya will enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Only twigged the Combate Americas event being broadcast at the mo is taking place from NY, I assumed UFC205 would have been the first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,519 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Incredbile submission from BJJ expert Mackenzie Dern last night at Legacy FC 61, some of the most high level jiu jitsu I've ever seen in the sport:

https://twitter.com/zpgifs/status/787130535218909184

(If there's a more appropriate thread for this, the mods can feel free to move it)

i was watching the this morning first thing...pre coffee and i was like...but..no...its an omoplata...and a RNC...no...thats not possible..

shes 115 right ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,519 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

i was watching the this morning first thing...pre coffee and i was like...but..no...its an omoplata...and a RNC...no...thats not possible..

shes 115 right ?

Right. Only Dern's second pro MMA fight and the other girl has a number of submission wins on her record so I'm going to assume she's not too bad on the ground herself.

I can't stop watching it, I really hope she continues to grow as a fighter because I love seeing that level of BJJ in mixed martial arts, even though I don't watch a lot of jiu jitsu on its own. She's an ambitious girl too, told Helwani she wants to be fighting for the UFC title by the end of 2017. Her stand up needs major work though from what I've read, Joanna or Karolina or even PVZ or Rose would butcher her on current form.

I dont want to see Joanna beat on that pretty face.

• Advertisement
Advertisement