Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

where could one watch it if one was interested ?

Channel one one one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Josenaldo Silva right now:

SVNY1cV.gif

Fitch v Shields. A good time to up the alcohol intake.

Just caught up on Rizin, what a fun night. Thrilled for Cro Cop, literally jumped up out of my seat with excitement for him :)

Now for WSOF, are Bas and Schiavello calling the fights :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Danaher's leg attack system not converting to mma very well here.

• Advertisement

Luiz Firmino is a bad ass. Wild fight.

Doctor's stoppage??? Ah that's a shame. Was an amazing fight while it lasted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Danaher's leg attack system not converting to mma very well here.
    What fight was that?

Mellor wrote: »
    What fight was that?

Shields and Fitch. Shields kept going for heel hooks from sloppy positions.

Shields and Fitch. Shields kept going for heel hooks from sloppy positions.
    Is Shields with Danaher/Renzo's now?
    Did he leave Caesar Gracie's, or just there for a camp.

• Advertisement

Is Shields with Danaher/Renzo's now?
    Did he leave Caesar Gracie's, or just there for a camp.

He's been training with Danaher for months at a time for years/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭califano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

califano wrote: »

Beautiful body shot finish in the second fight on that video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Chris Fields v Liam McGeary annouced as the main event for Bellator Belfast feb 24. Chris is a legend of a person but this seems like a massive mismatch. Gallagher also on the card, no opponant annouced but there currently looking through asda for a suitable tin can.

Jesus Liam McGeary will murder him. Chris is surely a tiny man for 205?

Jesus Liam McGeary will murder him. Chris is surely a tiny man for 205?
    He's a small 185er tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

For anyone who was at the last Bamma/Bellator combo, what are the timings like?

Ticketmaster says 5:30 for the event, but presumably that's the door open time. When does the actual first prelim start?

I'm hoping to leg it up after work in Derry to get to the show but my departure time will probably depend on others getting out of work too.

I don't get the logic in just showing up for the main card etc. I want value for money! The number of Irish who only landed into UFC 189 and 205 for the last few fights after spending a bloody fortune getting there, I can't get my head around it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

McGeary is going to murder fields horrible fight for him some bum triangled him there not long ago, McGeary one of the best triangles in mma, the Gallagher fight as mentioned will be another embarrassing mismatch.

Chris is probably doing this because it's his last shot at making it on the big stage.
    I'd love to see him win but don't think he will

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

He's a small 185er tbf

He is about 6'3 or 6'4 and I would say 220/230 lbs. Small would not be a word that would I use to describe Chris.

DrPhilG wrote: »

Ticketmaster says 5:30 for the event, but presumably that's the door open time. When does the actual first prelim start?

Well I tweeted Bamma and Bellator and they said that the first fight will probably be around half 4. Ticketmaster says the doors open at half 5. Bamma/Bellator say that the times are still not finalised so basically nobody knows. :mad:

The BAMMA/Bellator cards tend to be quite big. So I would go with the earlier time, but some fights will likely drop out as the event gets closer.

Big fight for Fields and to be honest, having been absolutely shafted prior to his last two fights, credit to Bellator for doing him a solid.

It's not an easy fight by any means but you never know. Will take a supreme effort to beat McGeary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

First fight was around 6pm, quite a few gaps between some of the fights, and around 45mins for the changeover between events. Timings are rough, don't remember exactly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,770 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

He is about 6'3 or 6'4 and I would say 220/230 lbs. Small would not be a word that would I use to describe Chris.

He used to make 185 without too much hassle, Even a few years on he'd be mad to move up a weight class imo but if he's packed on muscle fair enough, but thats a new division for him I think, I like Chris from the fewtimes id talk to him back in the day but not sure about this move up

He used to make 185 without too much hassle, Even a few years on he'd be mad to move up a weight class imo but if he's packed on muscle fair enough, but thats a new division for him I think, I like Chris from the fewtimes id talk to him back in the day but not sure about this move up

Whatever about moving up but moving up to fight a monster like McaGeary. Maybe he's hoping putting on a good show gets him a few more Bellator fights before packing it in.

He'd be mad to pass up this chance. A win would bring him nearly to the top of the ladder in bellator

First fight was around 6pm, quite a few gaps between some of the fights, and around 45mins for the changeover between events. Timings are rough, don't remember exactly.

I'll probably just bite the bullet and grab tickets. As said there will likely be a few drop outs which will push the time back a bit so I shouldn't miss much.

• Advertisement

He definitely did not make 185 easily. He had about a 40lb cut , which almost lead to him finishing up with fighting, the move to 205 has been the best thing for him in recent years. He has gotten bigger with age as all fighters do and still needs to cut around 20lbs to make 205

Went ahead and grabbed 2 for Bamma/Bellator.

£45 seats. Not the greatest but the fella coming with me is a student and wanted the cheapos.

Hopefully I won't miss too much at the start. First Bamma and first Bellator so will be a different experience. I'm told that the production is crap compared to the UFC but as long as we get some decent scraps I'm looking forward to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Went ahead and grabbed 2 for Bamma/Bellator.

£45 seats. Not the greatest but the fella coming with me is a student and wanted the cheapos.

Hopefully I won't miss too much at the start. First Bamma and first Bellator so will be a different experience. I'm told that the production is crap compared to the UFC but as long as we get some decent scraps I'm looking forward to it.

If its the SSE Arena there isnt a bad seat there.

Anybody watching TKO 37 on Fight Pass? Some great fights but the promos are something out of 1980's WWE.

ONE FC: Quest For Power

Live on Premier Sports at 1:30pm Irish Time.

Sky Channel 428

He definitely did not make 185 easily. He had about a 40lb cut , which almost lead to him finishing up with fighting, the move to 205 has been the best thing for him in recent years. He has gotten bigger with age as all fighters do and still needs to cut around 20lbs to make 205

A 40 lb water cut, or he had to lose weight during camp to make the cut.

Same question re:20lbs to 205?

• Advertisement

Didn't realise that One FC is also on Eir Sport 2. On now.

The production for ONE FC is bats. Fella screaming and singing the fighter's name in time with their walkout music.

Amazing.

A 40 lb water cut, or he had to lose weight during camp to make the cut.

Same question re:20lbs to 205?

It would at least half lost through diet and increasing output and then a water cut at the end. So when I say "cut" I meant total weight lost from start to goal weight including all methods of weight loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Any legal way to watch Bellator this weekend, I rarely have appetite to watch their events however could be a fun card.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Very entertaining press conference. Chael hasn't lost his ability to talk anyway that's for sure. Tito got very upset and wound up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Chael took titos soul at that press conferance. He was savage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Chael took titos soul at that press conferance. He was savage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I don't think I ever seen anyone fuming as much much at a presser as Tito

Link to presser

Link to presser

bellator youtube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Ceja v Ruquet fight on Combate Americas there was nuts, Cub Swanson's brother Steve fighting in main event soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Where can i watch this. Cant find spike on mobdro

Where can i watch this. Cant find spike on mobdro

You cant watch Bellator fights live streaming, They make it hard to watch live unless youre there. Next morning be the best bet.

Is this being shown on live spike tv in usa?

Is this being shown on live spike tv in usa?

Forget it, boyo! You'd as like have angels fly out o' yer arse as get next to the likes o' her

• Advertisement
Advertisement