Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Daley half of my favourite round ever Daley v Nick Diaz shame he was kicked from the UFC loves a brawl,

think he wins via upper cut left hook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Gamebred wrote: »
    Daley half of my favourite round ever Daley v Nick Diaz shame he was kicked from the UFC loves a brawl,

think he wins via upper cut left hook.

So bloody stupid as well on his side, Dana said he would have forgiven him but when he went to him after the fight he claimed he didn't hear the bell and that's why Dana won't have him back

Yeah Dana has forgiven similar things too, 3 fights in 2 hours is an absolute joke Coker needs to sort out the pacing and a tv deal for europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Yeah Dana has forgiven similar things too, 3 fights in 2 hours is an absolute joke Coker needs to sort out the pacing and a tv deal for europe.

In fairness to Croker the TV deal isn't negotiable, because their owners also own spike they have to work off of a US schedule.

They need to sort something for that card in Belfast, start selling their product to Irish and UK homes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rainman16

That Refs beard is ridiculous

my god what a legend

For all Wards talk of standing with Daly he felt the power and turned pansy until Daly caught him.

Beautiful finish from Daley

MVP v Daley is the fight now anything else is a complete farce its time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Damn.

MVP v Daley is the fight now anything else is a complete farce its time.

I think Daly would kill him.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Deadst4r wrote: »
    Damn.

That was a positive damn. What a finish.

Now only half an hour until the main probably. Argh.

He would but theres no danger of him wrestling MVP and exposing him, least hes got a chance in a striking match up, I would probably go to see that in the UK.

You know what, respect to Daly for calling out the best guy in the division, Rory is probably one of two guys in Bellator at 170 who could hurt him.

Would have been easier to call out MVP and wreck him.

Laila Ali and Nate Diaz in attendance

this is gonna be a snooze fest isnt it?

Sonnen's walk in is pretty fantastic.

this is gonna be a snooze fest isnt it?

Pure ****e, but you have to watch.

• Advertisement

The Main Event.

Dear America, your obsession with the military and nationalistic symbolism is weird as **** and every other developed nation think's you're stuck in the early 1900's.

KTHXBAI!

Then Bellator announcer lad is probably going to be the first person against the wall when I assume supreme leadership of the world.

Ah heyor...

LOL

Chael gave that... spinning into it, giving his back, shocking stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Chael gave that... spinning into it, giving his back, shocking stuff.

glad i wasn't the only one who thought something fishy went on

WWE work that whole fight was like.

fck all national anthems.

scudzilla wrote: »
    glad i wasn't the only one who thought something fishy went on

They both had had he same pay regardless of the result, maybe after the first elbow Tito dropped Chael decided to just give his back?

I'm happy that Tito went out with a win, there's no doubting that he's one of the people who helped legitimise the sport more than anyone else in the last 20 years, but that was a weird fight man. I can't help but thin Chael took the heel role too seriously and took the loss like a heel is meant to?

• Advertisement

I know they are grapplers but its like they agreed hey no striking, not one for conspiracies but who knows, size difference was crazy there too Tito on the mexican supplements much larger man chael looked in for the pay cheque there, another UFC reject who loses in bellator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Now it's time for Part 2 of this fight, who passes the piss test

scudzilla wrote: »
    Now it's time for Part 2 of this fight, who passes the piss test

lol, piss test...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

That was a complete work. Chael was out, but stuck his head back in. It wasn't even locked up when he tapped. He had one hand across and the other just holding his fist with zero force.

Well they were hardly going to have Ortiz lose this one. If the fix was in, on this occasion I wouldn't be too mad. It's not like the fight had any other meaning than a swan song for Ortiz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Rainman16 wrote:
    Well they were hardly going to have Ortiz lose this one. If the fix was in, on this occasion I wouldn't be too mad. It's not like the fight had any other meaning than a swan song for Ortiz.

Well yes they were. It's fighting, not wwe. There's no justification for a fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

A fix in any major organisation regardless of the reason or any attempt at justification would bring the whole sport into a bad light and would have people doubting the legitimacy of all fights.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 HillBillyElegy

Don't know why people think tihs is a fix. Chael had his position locked in and panicked when he got no tap. Tito then obliterated him.

Typical Chael, a loser with no fight grit or determination.

Well done Tito

Don't know why people think tihs is a fix.
    Because the "choke" that Tito won with didnt look remotely like it was a real RNC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Don't know why people think tihs is a fix. Chael had his position locked in and panicked when he got no tap. Tito then obliterated him.

Coz the "choke" looks like it would be mildly inconvenient on Sonnens at worst.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Chael has a history of tapping early, or as soon as he gets put in a semi compromising position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

ive also rolled with white belts who dont give up their back that easy....

Lukker- wrote: »
    Chael has a history of tapping early, or as soon as he gets put in a semi compromising position.
    He was a division 1 wrestler, 2nd at some big comps, and trialled for the Olympic team. Wrestling is tough, and he would have routinely been in way way more compromising positions then.

He was subbed by Silva and Maia, but nothing about them looked soft imo. Haven't seen his early sub losses (Jeremy Horn, Sobral)

It did look a little WWE-esque

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 HillBillyElegy

Chael's head was as red/purple as it could be without exploding.

You lot are bizarre.

Yet again CHael fails to back up his talk. He should stop fighting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

All i see it Tito tapping his own head, more say he tapped Chaels glove to let go and move position

Chael's head was as red/purple as it could be without exploding.
    Hold your breath and your face goes red. You don't need somebody restricting blood flow for that.
    The RNC is one of the most common submissions in MMA. But I can think of any that were finished with a grip like that (one arm).

dave1982 wrote: »
    All i see it Tito tapping his own head, more say he tapped Chaels glove to let go and move position
    Tapping your own head/body also counts as tapping out. Very weird thing to do.
    Chael certainly bailed on that darce quickly.

Might make more sense if you could hear them in there.;)

• Advertisement

dave1982 wrote: »
    Tapping your own head/body also counts as tapping out. Very weird thing to do.
    Chael certainly bailed on that darce quickly.

Might make more sense if you could hear them in there.;)

Advertisement