Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Any of this on any tv station other than fightpass stuff ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

The Bamma card has been much more entertaining than the Bellator one, and given that McGeary is about to take on probably an even bigger underdog than Gallaghers opponent I don't forsee much other than an annihilation next.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Seen the Gallagher fight, your man must have a brown belt in krav Maga or something, hope they step James up now excellent talent but hes learning zero.

Doctor stoppage in the main event due to a cut, McGeary wins, was close enough.

Having watched the Parke-Redmond fight again, that may have been a bad decision.

Parke did sweet FA on top especially in the second round while Redmond was active, throwing elbows and attempting subs. The judges scored it for Parke purely because of top position.

And by God he's an insufferable shyte. Said in his interview that most people probably looked at the match on paper and thought it would be easy for him. Climb back out of your own hole there Norman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Christ James Gallagher is unlikeable, and not half as impressive as he thinks he is. He seems to have coined this "done in one phrase", a la mystic Mac, but that doesn't work when you've only beaten one of your three bum opponents in the first round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Is Gallagher on a wind up with the whole acting like McGregor thing ?

No one can be that much of an idiot, surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Is Gallagher on a wind up with the whole acting like McGregor thing ?

No one can be that much of an idiot, surely?

No it is true....

He is an idiot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Having watched the Parke-Redmond fight again, that may have been a bad decision.

Parke did sweet FA on top especially in the second round while Redmond was active, throwing elbows and attempting subs. The judges scored it for Parke purely because of top position.

And by God he's an insufferable shyte. Said in his interview that most people probably looked at the match on paper and thought it would be easy for him. Climb back out of your own hole there Norman.

Do you have a link to a replay of that fight please?.

Do you have a link to a replay of that fight please?.

Sorry it's gone, found a link on YouTube but it's been removed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

The problem with JG is Irish people have a great sense for when someone is being disingenuous. Look at Bono - one of the most famous rock stars in the world and widely regarded by most in Ireland as being a bit of a tool.

JGs mini McGregor shtick isn't really fooling anyone, he should just try and be himself and see where that gets him. Not to mention its fairly cringe worthy. I appreciate that he's only young and will naturally be quite impressionable, but maybe try and beat somebody with more wins than losses and then start giving it the big one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

While I agree and totally see where everyone is coming from about Gallagher, he is still doing his thing and winning.Anyone who has any bit of momentum building from Ireland will be compared to McGregor.He does it a bit too much alright but sure what the hell. People will say it anyway so he may as well go the whole hog and drum up the interest!

He is still only 19 I think so he is doing great. He can only beat the guy in front of him. If he started to think this guy is a nobody then he will get beaten. Anything can happen in the cage.

I was very disappointed in Sinead Kavanagh. It looked like a boxer thrown in with an MMA fighter. She looked she had never been on the ground before. No sweeps or hip escaping which is weird when she trains under John Kavanagh.It's easy me saying this from my couch but I just thought she didn't seem to know what to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Gamebred wrote: »
    Seen the Gallagher fight, your man must have a brown belt in krav Maga or something, hope they step James up now excellent talent but hes learning zero.

He has a decent amount of BJJ comp videos up on his youtube channel. I haven't seen enough to comment, on him or the standard of the comps though.

He is still only 19 I think so he is doing great. He can only beat the guy in front of him. If he started to think this guy is a nobody then he will get beaten. Anything can happen in the cage.
    He can only beat he guy in front of him, and nobody is criticising him for the matchmaking (at least they shouldn't be). It's the fact he is acting like these are top 10 guys. Miming a belt about his waist, talking about a title shot after this fight.

Look at McGregor's rise to the top of the 145 division.
    The whole time he was saying these guys (Brimage, Holloway, Brandao) aren't on his level. Each fight stepped up in level, silenced his doubters. He talked shit about everyone, sure. But he knew he needed to climb up before anyone seen as a title contender. He talking a lot of shit about the like of Cub, Poirier, Guida, etc, and only really switched to Aldo full time after beating Poirier.

If Gallagher followed that aspect of McGregor - saying that this guys aren't on his level (which is true) and calling for top ten fights, people would like him a lot more.His division in Belator is pretty small. There aren't many fighter with more then 3 wins tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Has anybody watched M1 Global MMA before? There next show is live on Box Nation this Friday. Main event is Alexander Shlemenko vs. Paul Bradley.

KJ wrote: »
    Has anybody watched M1 Global MMA before? There next show is live on Box Nation this Friday. Main event is Alexander Shlemenko vs. Paul Bradley.

Dodgy Russian promotion, delivers exactly what you'd expect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Mellor wrote: »
    Dodgy Russian promotion, delivers exactly what you'd expect

I will give this show a chance and if it's rubbish then I won't return.

On another topic, does anybody know what time the first fight on Cage Warriors is on Saturday? Ticketmaster says doors at 5pm but I can't find any info on fight time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

KJ wrote: »
    I will give this show a chance and if it's rubbish then I won't return.

On another topic, does anybody know what time the first fight on Cage Warriors is on Saturday? Ticketmaster says doors at 5pm but I can't find any info on fight time.

The bouts are due to start at around 5pm GMT. The preliminary card will be streamed on The Sport Bible website.

The fights will go live on Eir Sport 2 in Ireland at 9.20pm GMT.

Here is the full card:

Karl Moore (7-1) v Josh Clark (10-3) – Cage Warriors light-heavyweight title (205lbs)
    Catherine Costigan (5-2) v Wendy McKenna (1-0) – atomweight bout (105lbs)
    Joe McColgan (2-0) v Arnold Quero (13-5, 1 NC) – lightweight bout (155lbs)
    Darren O’Gorman (4-1) v Blaine O’Driscoll (3-1) – bantamweight bout (135lbs)
    Hughie O’Rourke (pro debut) v Arann Maguire (0-1) – bantamweight bout (135lbs)
    Håkon Foss (7-3) v Martyn Harris (4-2) – welterweight bout (170lbs)
    Lloyd Manning (2-0) v Paul McBain (2-0) – featherweight bout (145lbs)
    Eric Nolan (pro debut) v Marcin Zembala (pro debut) – catchweight bout (150lbs)

AMATEUR CARD
    Bill Farrell v David Piotrowicz – light-heavyweight bout (205lbs)
    Richie Stack v Pawel Politylo – featherweight bout (145lbs)
    Mark Gallivan v Makinde Adeyemi – welterweight bout (170lbs)
    Francis Treacy v Stephen Treacy – lightweight bout (155lbs)
    Austin Lynch v Alex Brophy – bantamweight bout (135lbs)
    Colm O’Regan v Mateusz Kopyto – catchweight bout (161lbs)
    Ivan Blanita v Gary Coffey – welterweight bout (170lbs)
    Gary Wallace v Darren Sarsfield – catchweight bout (161lbs)
    David Whelan v Brandon Myers – bantamweight bout (135lbs)
    Adam Darby v Leon Hill – lightweight bout (155lbs)
    Barry Hanna v Matthew Whyte – catchweight bout (132.2lbs)

http://severemma.com/2017/02/cage-warriors-81-dublin-full-card-schedule/

Treacy v Treacy is 2 brothers who dont train mma fighting each other, freak show fight.

• Advertisement

Treacy v Treacy is 2 brothers who dont train mma fighting each other, freak show fight.

Both have just signed for bellator

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Dtp1979 wrote: »

That doesn't mean they have trained before though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

They're fighting on a CW amateur undercard, they're not signing for Bellator any time soon. It's two decent twekwando lads, will be like two **** versions of Wonderboy pointing eachother for 3 rounds.

They're fighting on a CW amateur undercard, they're not signing for Bellator any time soon. It's two decent twekwando lads, will be like two **** versions of Wonderboy pointing eachother for 3 rounds.

I'm so confused tbh.

I get that they are fighting in Amateur mma (as weird as that it). It was the Belator part I didn't get.
    It's Belator on this weekend in Vegas? Have this lads got a Belator deal coming, or is CW (in Dublin) some sort of ammy undercard for it

Mellor wrote: »
    I get that they are fighting in Amateur mma (as weird as that it). It was the Belator part I didn't get.
    It's Belator on this weekend in Vegas? Have this lads got a Belator deal coming, or is CW (in Dublin) some sort of ammy undercard for it

They have as much hope of fighting in bellator as I have. I think the other lad got a local amateur fight confused with the second biggest professional promotion on the planet.

Presume it was tongue in cheek about bellator comment as they love a freak show.

Presume it was tongue in cheek about bellator comment as they love a freak show.

No its serious...they are Gallagher's next two opponents.

• Advertisement

dashoonage wrote: »
    No its serious...they are Gallagher's next two opponents.

Too experienced for him, theyve liined up a security guard from aldi for his next bout.

Too experienced for him, theyve liined up a security guard from aldi for his next bout.

One if those big fat fellas that you aren't sure how they got the job because they get out of breath just following people around the shop with their eyes.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    One if those big fat fellas that you aren't sure how they got the job because they get out of breath just following people around the shop with their eyes.
    To be make 145 he has to also be a dwarf...

lads is CW not on BT sports tomorrow ? i take it fight pass is going to be the only way to watch it ?

lads is CW not on BT sports tomorrow ? i take it fight pass is going to be the only way to watch it ?
    The fights will go live on Eir Sport 2 in Ireland at 9.20pm GMT.

Couple of posts up

Looking forward to see McColgan again. Looked very good against Queally

mmm i dunno if i have eir sports....ill look later. I was with setanta so id say i do.

• Advertisement

mmm i dunno if i have eir sports....ill look later. I was with setanta so id say i do.

Should do if you have bt. Its just the new name for setanta

Just realized there is a Bellator card tonight.
    MARLOES COENEN
    v
    JULIA BUDD

Its a more legit featherweight title fight than the one the UFC just had

Yes correct

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Is the whole Pro Card live on Eir Sport tonight?

• Advertisement

PhilipsR wrote: »
    Is the whole Pro Card live on Eir Sport tonight?

Main card only.

Anyone know if the prelims are being streamed?

Main card only.

Anyone know if the prelims are being streamed?

Just saw someone ask that question to them on twitter and they responded

https://twitter.com/CageWarriors/status/838091876871901185

Shame really. Think it is a missed opportunity

Whats up some gaa show in eir sport2 now?

Who are the commentators on Cage Warriors? They are Irish and I am sorry to say it but are very bad

Fergus Ryan is one of them, pair them smoking something thinking them rounds were close black guy clearly won the first 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Yup, strong Irish bias in the commentary. Disappointing from Joe, he was good offensively but defensively poor in the striking department.

Limerick represented next in the co-main. C'mon Catherine!!

Fergus Ryan is one of them, pair them smoking something thinking them rounds were close black guy clearly won the first 2.

That's exactly what I was thinking too. It's not just that but they seem to sound bored and just not commentating properly. One guy was going "oooooooo" every time McColgan landed. They don't sound professional at all

They remind me of the RDS showjumping commentators.
    Eir obv keen on keeping the corporate clean sound to it.

How cheesey is this fight? 2 pensioners who are muck fighters glad I didnt pay into this.

Disgracrful standup by that Mohedi ref there

• Advertisement
Advertisement