Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Yes I agree with you. If you look back, I said I will always support our own.

But don't be reading in that it is a northern Ireland thing though. People just said that because they think he was not humble and copying Conor.He showed great respect at the end so I think he is humble.

After Pico losing it shows how good Gallagher is!

It is though. Not for everyone. People like you can take someone at their worth regardless of where in the country they're from and I respect that, but believe me for so many people down here you have to be twice as good to get any respect if you are from the north.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Which was more embarrassing? Pico or Punk? :pac:

I am just kidding as I know Pico is only a young guy. Lot of hype and that's a hard thing to live up to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Top notch walk out music from Brent. Sail by Awol Nation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Chandler via head clean off, I like him because hes not from Northern Ireland btw WAR Chandler

Did you all see Pico twitching after Freeman got up off him? That must have been very tight.

https://twitter.com/UFCrelated/status/878814049471000576

:eek: this looks like it's just a matter of time, Chandler was 1.12.

Holy **** what a way to lose a title.

WTF is with this timeout business??? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Oh oh, Ref made a total balls of it by the sounds of it. I'm no expert.

Lovely slapstick there pulling the stool out from under him :P:pac:

If someone can post that, that would be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

The moral is drink milk and wear ankle supports kids!!!! :D

Will they throw on the gracie fight now that was bumped due to time?

Celebrating like he won via ko lol embarrassing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

His leg kicks caused the injury so it's a tko really

Our move of the fight brought to you by Geiko..

https://twitter.com/FurysFightPicks/status/878818265165955073

ShaneU wrote: »
    His leg kicks caused the injury so it's a tko really

not really, he rolled it while miles away from him in no danger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Jayop wrote: »
    It has loads to do with it. I guarantee that if he was from the south there wouldn't be anything like the ****e talk that was going on about him. The exact same as the other examples I mentioned.

Last time I checked Conor is from Crumlin which is located south of the border and he gets dogs abuse & hate regularly.

The reason people get frustrated with James has precisely 0.00 to do with where he was born and 100.00 to do with him imitating Conor in every way - from his social media, his facial expressions, his dress sense, choice in glasses etc.

Also worth noting last time I checked Dillon Danis is from the East not the North or South...... East of America.... and he gets the exact same criticism on here for the exact same reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

hahahaha, too funny, nearly a double ko there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

wow that was mad

Crazy double knock down mma is just off the charts for this mad stuff happening

How come Goldie isn't doing the PPV, would have loved to have heard him there, he'd have shat himself

WTF is gonna happen next.. Wandy via showtime kick

• Advertisement

Oh **** off Neiman Gracie on next before sonnen wandy

scudzilla wrote: »
    How come Goldie isn't doing the PPV, would have loved to have heard him there, he'd have shat himself

He did the Prelims. Mauro is doing the PPV

Will they throw on the gracie fight now that was bumped due to time?

I predict these things!

A card full of 'member moments.

Gallagher's brilliant display, Pico being embarrassed in 24 seconds, Chandler falling on his ass and then nearly a double KO.

Could even be more to come.

• Advertisement

My stream flickered there and I thought Gracie was tapping for a sec! :pac:

Gracie saved by the bell there.

I think Chael is in for a bad night

I dont think his heart is in it, hard to know where Wandy is at but any sort of ok level I think he wins.

Chael was just trolling Wandy all these years, Wandy genuinely hates Chael so i'm going with a brutal 1st round ko win for wandy

Anthems, do we really need this

I have a feeling the anthems and entrances will be longer than the actual fight

over the top patriotism as usual from our neanderthal brothers across the pond

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

scudzilla wrote: »
    Anthems, do we really need this

My thoughts exactly. Just show the fight

Pretty exciting first round. Fear for Sonnen though, one punch and he could be out.

• Advertisement

Sonnen up 2:0 anyway but of course could be Ko'd easily.

They're both breathing like they've just ran a marathon.

Sonnen's head and face are like a magnet for Wanderlei's punches. Has to keep it on the ground.

Anyone waking up intending to watch the main event, helpful advice - watch the 1st Round (it's half decent). The remainder is 10 minutes of your life you will never get back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I'm from Belfast. I wish Gallagher well and last night clearly a good win for him but think he's a little prick, not because he's from the north, but because he gets on like an absolute moron, for example making title belt gestures after beating a can in his third or fourth pro fight or whatever it was. He's a bellend. He's young with a lot to learn so might turn things around but I don't see it happening to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Reckon we will see sonnen fight fedor by the end of the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It has loads to do with it. I guarantee that if he was from the south there wouldn't be anything like the ****e talk that was going on about him. The exact same as the other examples I mentioned.

To be honest, you're way off the mark there. Guessing you're from the north yourself and massively overcompensating for some perceived slight. But in reality, nobody in this day and age gives a **** where you're from. Some of the best supported "Irish" fighters weren't even born in Ireland.
    The issue with James is that his persona has always felt forced. He needs to find his own way imo.

As for the fights, good on Gallagher, I'm delighted for him tbh. SBG shoing once again that they have solid grappling fundamentals, and that Conor is the outlier. Chinzo isn't an elite blackbelt, but he is a blackbelt, and the suggestion that he tapped easy is silly. He's still Brazilian, and no Brazilian is giving up a sub to a purple belt from Ireland without being caught.
    As above, James needs to find his own feet, rather than continuing this Conor schtick. Bowing to Machida after the fight was a nice gesture and he needs to do more of that and less of the BS on social media.

As for Aaron Pico. Delighted his opponent choked him out after being brought in to lose. Pico always came across like a cockhead. Great wrestler I'm sure, but a few sessions with Eddie Bravo doesn't mean you're a jiu jitsu pro. Glad he got choked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

A great performance from JG, it can't have gone any better for him in the cage. Outside the cage he still comes across like an odious little twerp. I just can't warm to the guy, I felt a twinge of happiness and national pride when he got the choke and then he gets on the microphone and I go back to being embarrassed for him.

Also lol @ Pitbull challenging JG to a fight in croke park. That fight would barely sell out the bord gais theatre let alone croker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Multiple posters in here were hoping he got battered tonight. Irish fans hoping an irish fighter got battered.

It's typical ****e we always get. Gaa teams from the north, James McClean, Rory mcilroy etc. It's pathetic.

Bullsh1t. It's reflective of their personalities not where they are from. A higher proportion of Irish People would dislike McGregor than McIlroy. Frampton for example is a genuinely sound guy and although not as big a name would not be hated on by irish people.

The fact is Gallagher thus far has acted like a gimp and that's why he's being criticised not because he's from the north.

Edit - covered above already I see.

Advertisement