Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Mellor wrote: »
    To be honest, you're way off the mark there. Guessing you're from the north yourself and massively overcompensating for some perceived slight. But in reality, nobody in this day and age gives a **** where you're from. Some of the best supported "Irish" fighters weren't even born in Ireland.
    The issue with James is that his persona has always felt forced. He needs to find his own way imo.

As for the fights, good on Gallagher, I'm delighted for him tbh. SBG shoing once again that they have solid grappling fundamentals, and that Conor is the outlier. Chinzo isn't an elite blackbelt, but he is a blackbelt, and the suggestion that he tapped easy is silly. He's still Brazilian, and no Brazilian is giving up a sub to a purple belt from Ireland without being caught.
    As above, James needs to find his own feet, rather than continuing this Conor schtick. Bowing to Machida after the fight was a nice gesture and he needs to do more of that and less of the BS on social media.

As for Aaron Pico. Delighted his opponent choked him out after being brought in to lose. Pico always came across like a cockhead. Great wrestler I'm sure, but a few sessions with Eddie Bravo doesn't mean you're a jiu jitsu pro. Glad he got choked out.

Nice double standard there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

bur wrote: »
    Nice double standard there.
    Hmm, I not sure you understand what double standard means.
    Feel free to explain what you and on about though.

Edit: To be clear, it'd be a double standard if I was glad Gallagher won because he's been a cock, and I was also glad Pico lost because was a cock.
    Neither is the case tbh. I'm wanted James to win, and glad Pico to lose for entirely unrelated reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

To circle back to an issue discussed previously in the thread regarding JGs size, I actually admire that he's still fighting @ 145, that's good to see from James himself and presumably John Kavanagh. He's still only 20 and there's no need to go through these mad weight cuts at such a young age. You would imagine if he does reach the upper echelons of the weight division then his lack of size will be a huge hindrance though, I wouldn't be surprised to see him move to 135 permanently in the next 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

dulux99 wrote: »
    To circle back to an issue discussed previously in the thread regarding JGs size, I actually admire that he's still fighting @ 145, that's good to see from James himself and presumably John Kavanagh. He's still only 20 and there's no need to go through these mad weight cuts at such a young age. You would imagine if he does reach the upper echelons of the weight division then his lack of size will be a huge hindrance though, I wouldn't be surprised to see him move to 135 permanently in the next 12 months.

He's only 20 though so in the next 12 months he might fill out a bit more and become a more natural 145er.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

qwabercd wrote: »
    He's only 20 though so in the next 12 months he might fill out a bit more and become a more natural 145er.

That's true - was absolutely shocked there when i googled his height, he's 5'9, same height as McGregor? I never would have thought it, he looks like a shortarse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Has Davis ever had an exciting fight?

I only remember one and that was the one sided three round beating rumble gave him and it's the only time i've seen him beaten like a dog
    He's one tough lad to nail down I'll give him that much and great at avoiding damage but my god he's as exciting as watching paint dry most of the time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

I'd say the UFC werent too pushed after seeing that 5 round snoozefest then Larkin getting beaten, no one has really set Bellator alight from the UFC MacDonald might.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Anybody know if there's a way to watch Cage Ring Championship live?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Good 'ol James at it again.
    After that he will be looking for a boxing match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

In Fairness it was JK who put that in his head!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

ardinn wrote: »
    In Fairness it was JK who put that in his head!

he is creating a little army of mcnuggets.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

fairness to the chap hes seen the formula at work first hand, long as it keeps working as well as it has been hes dead right

Depp wrote: »
    fairness to the chap hes seen the formula at work first hand, long as it keeps working as well as it has been hes dead right

Dam straight...keep printing them dollar bills...

Be handy if the products came with a mute button though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Anyone know the ppv numbers for bellator nyc ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Mellor wrote: »
    ...and Gabi lost :eek:

DQ though.

DQ though.

Let the tiny Japanese lady have her win. Tonight she celebrates like Matt Hammil...

...by getting a brain MRI

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

your one is just standing closer to the camera

small, far away

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Bellator/BAMMA teaming up again. 3Arena, 10th November.

Gallagher will be fighting at 135lbs, almost certainly headlining the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Feckin Friday shows are a pain in the hole.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Hi lads, can anyone tell me when the Bellator tickets for November go on sale? Could of sworn I saw it on Ticketmaster last week it was July 14th but can't find anything about it on the site now nor details online.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Surprised there's no Invicta thread, very good fight on right now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Amazingfun wrote: »
    Surprised there's no Invicta thread, very good fight on right now!

Nice one! Actually went onto Sherdog about 30mins ago to see if Bellator was on, was a bit bored here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Ah dammit, I missed ya ;) We'll do a thread for the next one because that was one very enjoyable card!

In surprised there was no bellator posts from Friday night. Decent card on in Oklahoma. Rafael Lovato Jr got his 6 straight finish. RNC in the first round.

Main event was a cracker too.

Scott Askham vs Luke Barnatt set for ACB in Sheffield in September.

That's an interesting one. They have had some good back and forth on Twitter since Askham was cut from the UFC and Barnatt was playing for it to be at LHW.

It ends up getting set at MW and in Askham's back yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭dowthebow

Paully D wrote: »
    Scott Askham vs Luke Barnatt set for ACB in Sheffield in September.

That's an interesting one. They have had some good back and forth on Twitter since Askham was cut from the UFC and Barnatt was playing for it to be at LHW.

It ends up getting set at MW and in Askham's back yard.

Can you watch ACB live? Where?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Larkin-Daley apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Horiguchi got a nice win at Rizin, the ufc were mad to let him go.

James Gallagher vs Jeremiah Labiano headlines Bellator in Dublin in November.

Who? lol

Gamebred wrote: »
    Who? lol

He's 11-5.

They're already rolling out the "but he's never been submitted" line.

Ridiculous matchup.

Just laughable, any anyone supporting that muck by buying tickets is to blame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Gamebred wrote: »
    Just laughable, any anyone supporting that muck by buying tickets is to blame.

Hopefully the rest of the card will have some decent match ups. Personally I'd never be going to an event just for one match up, it's the entire card that appeals.

Dildo Dannis might be on it....the adopted son of Dublin city Ireland.

ACB live from Russia from 4pm today if anyone is looking for an afternoon fix of MMA

https://www.fite.tv/watch/acb-67-mukhamed-berkhamov-vs-brett-cooper/2kymr/

English commentary from Bryan Lacey and Frank Mir.

There was a good mix of fights on Battlezone tonight. Paul 'Redser' Redmond winning a nogi match by heel hook in 57 seconds and Lee Hammond winning his title fight by arm bar half way through round 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Not a great start to the weekend for SBG. Sinead Kavanagh just lost (split decision) over on the Bellator 182 prelims.

Only caught the last 2 rounds could have went either way in both of them.

Not a great start to the weekend for SBG. Sinead Kavanagh just lost (split decision) over on the Bellator 182 prelims.

Only caught the last 2 rounds could have went either way in both of them.

I honestly didn't know Bellator had an event tonight!

Bit of a mess with the top two fights on the card being catchweights.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

I see Cowley is calling out Baby Slice for nov 10th

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYWgfERlFo6/?hl=en&taken-by=cian_c

Cowley: "I'm a name in ireland".

Most Irish people :

maxresdefault.jpg

DuffleBag wrote: »
    I see Cowley is calling out Baby Slice for nov 10th

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYWgfERlFo6/?hl=en&taken-by=cian_c

He's a name in Ireland, eh? Gob****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

In fairness to him he always gets a huge following at his fights and sells a lot of tickets, compared to other fighters on the same cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Baby Slice is 1-1 and Cowley is 0-1. Why not call him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Baby Slice is 1-1 and Cowley is 0-1. Why not call him out.

smart man, fight makes sense, and i think cowley will kill him

2 bums that nobody cares about wouldnt watch either them have a knock in my back garden awful mma fighters.

• Advertisement
Advertisement