Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Watching ONE FC at the moment. The level of refereeing is appalling. Standing fighters up when they're in top mount. Stopping fights to adjust fighters hand position.

Shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

DuffleBag wrote: »
    I see Cowley is calling out Baby Slice for nov 10th

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYWgfERlFo6/?hl=en&taken-by=cian_c
    0-1 pro fighter with questionable grappling,
    calls out 1-1 pro with questionable grappling, and son of the fighter with the most questionable grappling ever.

It bizarrely makes sense. It gets him headlines outside of boards.ie and SBG twitter feeds - for minimal risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

So Diego Brandao, after being the victim of illegal strikers and subsequently giving a kick back, has just hopped over the cage and left in the middle of his fight as bottles and cups reign down at Fight Night Global :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Paully D wrote: »
    So Diego Brandao, after being the victim of illegal strikers and subsequently giving a kick back, has just hopped over the cage and left in the middle of his fight as bottles and cups reign down at Fight Night Global :pac:

Madness!

https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/904805024743784455

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Zero-Cool wrote: »

he was dead right there, disgraceful refereeing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I see Chris Fields has got a fight on the KSW card. It'll be interesting to see how that event sells being on just under 3 weeks before the BAMMA/Bellator card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

That_Guy wrote: »
    Watching ONE FC at the moment. The level of refereeing is appalling. Standing fighters up when they're in top mount. Stopping fights to adjust fighters hand position.

Shocking.

That will be Yuji Shimada. Possibly the worst referee I've ever seen bar Steve Mazzagatti.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Watching BAMMA here on Dave and your man from Geordie Shore just starched some lad they found down the gym to fight him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Cm punk vs geordie shore. Book it dana !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

Gamebred wrote: »

Was watching it live oh sh1t came out of mouth straight away what a smack

He's no fraud anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

sjb25 wrote: »
    Was watching it live oh sh1t came out of mouth straight away what a smack

He's no fraud anyway

Yes he is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Savage KO there in the bamma main event by Lahore.

sjb25 wrote: »
    He's no fraud anyway
    Lol

Winging haymakers against somebody whose never fought doesn't make him suddenly legit.

He's fighting the same competition as Gallagher is to be fair...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Anybody going to Cage Warriors tonight?

I couldn't really turn it down for £20(standing seems weird but we'll see), no clue about any of the fighters though

He's fighting the same competition as Gallagher is to be fair...

Gallagher is fighting actual pro fighters at least. Trashcan pros, but guys training to fight professionally all the same.
    The guy in the video above was 0-0 and could have been pulled out of the nearest pub for all we know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Mellor wrote: »
    Gallagher is fighting actual pro fighters at least. Trashcan pros, but guys training to fight professionally all the same.
    The guy in the video above was 0-0 and could have been pulled out of the nearest pub for all we know.

That's an insult to seasoned pub-fighters Mellor.

Mellor wrote: »

He lost his last 4 amateur fights prior to fighting Chalmers. :pac:

He lost his last 4 amateur fights prior to fighting Chalmers. :pac:
    I'm slightly surprised he even had a ammy fight. But a guy losing 4 on the trot has no business going pro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

califano wrote: »
    Check out @btsportufc’;s Tweet:

And to think I was there for the whole card but had to leave just before that fight :eek:

Still it was an excellent night and an absolute steal at £20

Scott Askham v Luke Barnatt at ACB in Sheffield this weekend should be a good one.

Very difficult to call.

A good one how exactly? 2 of the most boring fighters you could come across ufc rejects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Yeah that one really does nothing to whet the appetite.

A good one how exactly? 2 of the most boring fighters you could come across ufc rejects.

It was actually a very good, entertaining fight. Striking battle from beginning to end.

It was actually a very good, entertaining fight. Striking battle from beginning to end.

I'll take your word for it,

One of my favourites Paul Daley v Lorenz Larkin tonight could be fireworks.

Bellator 183 prelims are free to view via Twitter:

https://twitter.com/i/events/909840084395991041

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Great KO.

Mad that his opponent apparently doesn't even have a coach? Wtf.

• Advertisement

Deadst4r wrote: »
    Great KO.

Its bellator I expect that ****, find these lads down the pub on fight week I reckon Gallagher usually fights them.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Deadst4r wrote: »
    Great KO.

Its bellator I expect that ****, find these lads down the pub on fight week I reckon Gallagher usually fights them.

I know they must have the opposite of a talent finding scout but how do you find someone 7-3 who doesn't even have a coach. That's good work.

I absolutely hate Roy Nelson. Argh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That was a good Bellator event, all pretty good fights and some great knockouts. Thought that was bizarre alright, your man just winging it without a coach of any kind....thought Roy Nelson did OK though the other guy was terrible on the ground, says a lot when Nelson goes to the ground for the entire fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

dashoonage wrote: »

He was on fight by fight contracts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

He was on fight by fight contracts.

It says in the article he had a 5 fight deal with the UFC.

callaway92 wrote: »
    It says in the article he had a 5 fight deal with the UFC.

Jesus that's ridiculous. I'd say they cut him after he got knocked out by the planet so.

The most undeserving multi-fight contract that ever there was.

Bellator champ within a year....wait and see! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Most UFC's contracts are like that. They could be for a 3 or 5 etc fight deal, however the UFC holds the right to terminate the contracts early, which they tend to do after losses, bad performance or other issues outside of the ring.

This means that if you are winning they only pay your contracted amount for the 5 fights or duration of the contract and then renegotiate or not renew, however they can also cut you at anytime particularly after a loss.

• Advertisement

Redmond and Ward 2 bums anyone paying to see them fight is smoking something.

nothing wrong with paying to see some bums hai!

Just not these type of bums!

I wonder will the BAMMA card outshine the Bellator portion like last time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Give the fighter bashing a rest - its against the charter.

KSW is on in Dublin this Sunday. If anyone who is not going to be there wants to watch the fights KSW are doing ppv online for €10.

If you order through a fighters link they get a cut of the ppv and Paul Redmond is donating any money he makes from his sales to Temple Street Hospital. Link below.

https://kswtv.com/reseller/redmond

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Is KSW on eirsport?it says it is on their site but it's not listed on sky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Looked at tickets to the Point (It'll always be the point to me, none of this o3 Arena ****e for me :P ) Only €145 tickets on sale last night but seems there are more €95 tickets there today. Are the 145 worth the extra 50 bills would anybody that's been to an event there before know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

davmol wrote: »
    Is KSW on eirsport?it says it is on their site but it's not listed on sky
    It's on eirsport 1 Wednesday at 10pm. The event tomorrow is on ppv so they won't be showing it live.

Anyone watch this. Not the best event but the Hardy-Williams fight was an entertaing kinda sloppy fight. And the main event
    I thought Mousasi adapted well considering he had no vision from 1 eye but Shlemenko really could have done more to capitalise. He just kept going for spinning backfists which were not connecting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

cliggg wrote: »
    Anyone watch this. Not the best event but the Hardy-Williams fight was an entertaing kinda sloppy fight. And the main event
    I thought Mousasi adapted well considering he had no vision from 1 eye but Shlemenko really could have done more to capitalise. He just kept going for spinning backfists which were not connecting.

The calls for a robbery wernt justified imo, decent scrap.
    Hardy got smashed up, bit off more than she could chew. Fair play to her coming back i didnt think she woukd after her first fight.

Yeah fair play but I hope she leaves it there now. For all the talk of boxing vs mma the last few months her mma boxing is very bad, just sloppy head movement and wild swinging of the arms

• Advertisement
Advertisement