Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That stoppage was a ****ing joke 'he is the real deal' my ****ing hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

ricero wrote: »
    Chalmers the goat

Buy your raffle tickets now for the opportunity to fight him next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Paully D wrote: »
    Buy your raffle tickets now for the opportunity to fight him next.

Must have zero grappling and an affection for winging haymakers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Someone like Richie Kiley should be getting on twitter calling Chalmers out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Someone like Richie Kiley should be getting on twitter calling Chalmers out.

Nah. Win and they've beaten some bum reality TV star. Lose and they've lost to a reality tv star.

If you're calling anyone out it should be people between you and a title shot. :cool:

• Advertisement

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Nah. Win and they've beaten some bum reality TV star. Lose and they've lost to a reality tv star.

If you're calling anyone out it should be people between you and a title shot. :cool:

They're fighting in the same promotion. And Chalmers has the better record. The sad state of affairs is that Aaron is between him and a title shot.
    If nothing else it gets him a ton more expose than any other fight.

Mellor wrote: »
    They're fighting in the same promotion. And Chalmers has the better record. The sad state of affairs is that Aaron is between him and a title shot.
    If nothing else it gets him a ton more expose than any other fight.

I wasn't aware that he had the better record :eek:

Then by all means get those twitter fingers going. Fight in Dublin next year please!

I might be mistaken, but I think Chalmers is 3-0 and Richie Kiley 2-1.
    Assuming Chalmers were all pro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

bamma are cashing in with chambers, getting an itv deal because of him, it would never of happened otherwise. keep him protected and keep getting more publicity

Mellor wrote: »
    I might be mistaken, but I think Chalmers is 3-0 and Richie Kiley 2-1.
    Assuming Chalmers were all pro.

Yup, according to Sherdog anyway. Kiely only had one amateur fight too though, a loss, and then turned pro going 2-1.

It's a great fight to make with the records so similar.

• Advertisement

MagicIRL wrote: »

Kiley just got beat by Lahore in a title fight after 2 pro fights , he's not getting a title **** again any time soon so he needs to get a few notable wins to get back in contention.

Calling out Chalmers on twitter and talking **** to get him reacting would get the fight made. He'd spark the Muppet in about 15 seconds and be able to start talking about a rematch with Lahore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Kiley just got beat by Lahore in a title fight after 2 pro fights , he's not getting a title **** again any time soon so he needs to get a few notable wins to get back in contention.

Calling out Chalmers on twitter and talking **** to get him reacting would get the fight made. He'd spark the Muppet in about 15 seconds and be able to start talking about a rematch with Lahore.

There’s not a hope in hell BAMMA would match Chalmers up against Kiely, no matter how much **** is spoken. None. And even less chance Chalmers would take it. They’ll keep feeding him bums with losing amateur records and he’ll “retire” before it gets to the stage of being forced to face proper competition.

Paully D wrote: »
    There’s not a hope in hell BAMMA would match Chalmers up against Kiely, no matter how much **** is spoken. None. And even less chance Chalmers would take it. They’ll keep feeding him bums with losing amateur records and he’ll “retire” before it gets to the stage of being forced to face proper competition.

Where's the hype Pauly?

Lets start a campaign to get the fight made.
    We need a catchy hashtag #ChalmersKiley isnt cutting it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Gabi Garcia missed weight by 27lbs for her fight against a 53 year old. Absolute joke of a person.

Horiguchi won the Rizin Bw tournament with a lovely ko, still shocked the ufc let him go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

ASOT wrote: »
    Gabi Garcia missed weight by 27lbs for her fight against a 53 year old. Absolute joke of a person.

Was actually just reading about this....missed weight by almost 2 stone for god sake! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Anybody planning on going to any of the events around Ireland over the next few months? Plenty of cards going on starting from late January in Dublin, Cork, Drogheda, Belfast and Newry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Big John McCarthy joins Bellator as a colour commentator. Supposedly retires from MMA Refereeing

fitzparker wrote: »
    Big John McCarthy joins Bellator as a colour commentator. Supposedly retires from MMA Refereeing

seems mixed reports atm

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Anybody planning on going to any of the events around Ireland over the next few months? Plenty of cards going on starting from late January in Dublin, Cork, Drogheda, Belfast and Newry.

also think a thread should be started for Irish MMA shows ( very like the pro wrestling irish show thread) going to be a very very busy with smaller shows. would their be much interest in that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

but1er wrote: »
    also think a thread should be started for Irish MMA shows ( very like the pro wrestling irish show thread) going to be a very very busy with smaller shows. would their be much interest in that?

There used to be loads more interest in the smaller shows. I used to post live updates from Chaos in Derry but after a while it felt like I was talking to myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I'd be interested in that. I'm going to be going to a lot of them myself as I follow a lot of the fighters as part of an MMA study I am doing for my Degree.

Im over in thailand teaining id also be interested in updates from back home, itll be easier than constatly texing people for results.

ASOT wrote: »
    Im over in thailand teaining id also be interested in updates from back home, itll be easier than constatly texing people for results.

no cares your in thailand

no cares your in thailand

Ah Dave its nice know when some of the lads i know back home win! Two of the trainers here fighting on saturday should be good to watch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Ah we care man. Im sure everyone here wishes you all the best with the procedure and a bright future with your new self.

dashoonage wrote: »
    Ah we care man. Im sure everyone here wishes you all the best with the procedure and a bright future with your new self.

Im going to fight cyborg when im done.

Watching Royce Gracie's son on Bellator. He's horrible.

I've never seen anyone so afraid to be hit.

Mod: Moving post here so people dont start discussing in general chat leading to spoilers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Watching Royce Gracie's son on Bellator. He's horrible.

I've never seen anyone so afraid to be hit.

Yes I watched it too and maybe I expected too much but he looked terrified to trade!

• Advertisement

Yes I watched it too and maybe I expected too much but he looked terrified to trade!

I'd seen one of his amature fights so wasn't expecting much but that was embarrassing.

I saw the Gracie name and just thought he would be a lot better.

Interested to see Aaron Pico again who is up next

I'm dual screening here. Watching the UFC card but have the Bellator card playing on the laptop so I see if Pico looks any better.

I'm dual screening here. Watching the UFC card but have the Bellator card playing on the laptop so I see if Pico looks any better.

I have the exact same setup! :D

That was a pretty impressive bodyshot KO against a man with a 12-3 record...

Stream froze on me just as they began and came back with Pico celebrating :mad:

Waiting to see replay!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

It was vicious.

Stream kept cutting out so had to go to twitter to see. Def a vicious shot like you said!

https://twitter.com/FancyCombat/status/954909616411996160

The next two fights on the Bellator card will be wars too.

This fight between Chandler and Yamauchi should be great, they are both beasts.

Marcos, Do you know if Chandler was offered a contract by the UFC at all?

He and Alvarez had great wars and Alvarez is doing well enough in the UFC so surprised he didn't go too

• Advertisement

Marcos, Do you know if Chandler was offered a contract by the UFC at all?

He and Alvarez had great wars and Alvarez is doing well enough in the UFC so surprised he didn't go too

Probably. No clue. Odds are Bellator are paying him pretty well so there might not be a massive desire to move for him.

Chandler doing what he does, grinding out a win. He did really well to shake off being shook by that kick early in the second.

Yamauchi just flopped to the ground to let Chandler on top of him in that round to get a beating.Moronic :rolleyes:

Chandler's G+P is scary. He dominated that.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Mtx

What bloody channel is this on?

Mtx wrote: »
    What bloody channel is this on?

Not on any channel here in Ireland but accessible by other means....

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Mtx

Oh wait , just got a highly illegal spike TV stream. I'll being doing hard drugs next week.

Mtx wrote: »
    Oh wait , just got a highly illegal spike TV stream. I'll being hard drugs next week.

It's what Scott Coker obviously wants so do it for him!

It's what Scott Coker obviously wants so do it for him!

It's not Cokers fault, it's ViaCom.
    They own a Chanel that's on almost every Irish and UK digital TV service that's probably showing reruns of cops right now instead of showing this card.

It's just when he acts like he couldn't give a f*ck it annoys me.

But if its outside his hands then maybe why should he care if its not his fault

• Advertisement
Advertisement