Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Saw on twitter that Cowley fight may have been bumped to the main card due to Mcgregor coming to sit ringside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Paul Redmond and Chris Fields both TKO’d on KSW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

The Redmond one was nasty.

And the fields one actually. Bad beating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

hunter164 wrote: »
    Paul Redmond and Chris Fields both TKO’d on KSW

It was tough to watch. Chris was outclassed in the striking, Redser was doing well until he was caught behind the ear.

The physiques in KSW seem to be more...impressive than those in the UFC... You have to wonder if going over to Poland to fight against potentially roided opponents is worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

I like Fields but he was acting the tit fake throwing a head kick at the weigh-ins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

weemcd wrote: »
    I like Fields but he was acting the tit fake throwing a head kick at the weigh-ins.

Looked to me like both of them were just joking around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

The Redmond one was nasty.

Stoppage looked a tad late in fairness Redser was out.

The lads in KSW aren’t tested for steroids I take it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

hunter164 wrote: »
    Stoppage looked a tad late in fairness Redser was out.

The lads in KSW aren’t tested for steroids I take it?

Mariusz Pudzianowki fights in KSW.. what do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Shame to see Redzer and Fields beaten. Two of the nicer guys in Irish MMA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Bellator annouced a WW tournament, Page, Daley, Lima, Koreshkov to fight with the winner fighting Rory, whos also moving up to fight Mousassi. Some great fights there.

$5,000,000 for the winner also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

ASOT wrote: »
    Bellator annouced a WW tournament, Page, Daley, Lima, Koreshkov to fight with the winner fighting Rory, whos also moving up to fight Mousassi. Some great fights there.

$5000000? Fair play to bellator, that's crazy money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Looks like Lima is about to be $5,000,000 richer so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Has someone told MVP that this means he’ll actually have to fight some good?

Paully D wrote: »
    Has someone told MVP that this means he’ll actually have to fight some good?

Hopefully they won't put it as MVP C's Daly in the first round and they both get hammered.

Btw what they're doing with this, more than anything else, is saying to fighters "we will give you the opportunity to make real money based on merit". It's a nice carrot to dangle in front of fighters who feel like the UFC don't promote them or give them chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

A massive payday on a Belator PPV is a huge carrot to fighters who will realistically never get a decent share of UFC PPV money

Looks like Lima is about to be $5,000,000 richer so.

Not necessarily. Macdonald apparently to join the tournament after the Mousasi fight.

Not necessarily. Macdonald apparently to join the tournament after the Mousasi fight.

I thought the point of the tournament was to find the next person to fight McDonald for the 170lbs belt?

To add Rory they'd have to add 3 more fighters.

• Advertisement

I thought the point of the tournament was to find the next person to fight McDonald for the 170lbs belt?

It's an 8 man tourney

Mellor wrote: »
    It's an 8 man tourney

Missed that bit. Who else should we expect? Benson? Maybe they'll use it as a carrot to get chandler to re-sign?

Is supposedly an eight man tournament and they've only named four.

James Gallagher (7-0) dropping to Bantamweight, fights new signing Ricky Bandejas (10-1) at Bellator 204

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

BAMMA live from 10pm tonight on ITV4. McKee v Brazier is the main event.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    BAMMA live from 10pm tonight on ITV4. McKee v Brazier is the main event.

2 real stinker fights on the BAMMA main card so far. 2 gun-shy heavyweights in the first fight followed by 13 minutes of top control with half hearted ground and pound.

Main event up now, I can't see this one being dull.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭cletus

Anybody come up with a reliable way to watch the PFL each week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

What's the story with Bellator tonight? Is it on really late and where can we watch it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭tinpib

Cage Warriors on tonight. Prelims on now and streaming on their Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialCageWarriors/videos/2002000316486792/

edit: Main card on Bt Sport 3 at 9pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

dashoonage wrote: »

Looked very very weird but I think the punch may have slipped between the gloves and his left glove covers our view of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭tinpib

James Houston walking on to "Promentory" from Last of the Mohicans.

I'm up for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

My friend Ian Heinisch is fighting this weekend on Dana Whites Contender series. So looking forward to it and hoping he gets a contract from the UFC is he gets a win.

Some of you may remember I got him to make a video shouting out to boardsies a while back.

Looks like Bellator are signing SBG lads left right and centre. Richard Kiely, Kiefer Crosbie and Richie Smullen. Good to see Smullen land on his feet after the thumping he got at the TUF finale.

dulux99 wrote: »
    Looks like Bellator are signing SBG lads left right and centre. Richard Kiely, Kiefer Crosbie and Richie Smullen. Good to see Smullen land on his feet after the thumping he got at the TUF finale.

There's even more than that, Dylan Logan, Claudio Conti, Pedro Carvalho and John Redmond all SBG lads too. Only two Irish non SBG fighters signed as far as I could see.

There's even more than that, Dylan Logan, Claudio Conti, Pedro Carvalho and John Redmond all SBG lads too. Only two Irish non SBG fighters signed as far as I could see.

That's good news. I don't know how so many of those sbg lads dedicate their whole lives to MMA as a career path. I know Conor is obviously a huge influence but he's a truly unique person in the entire world, not just Ireland. I worry for alot of those guys who don't "make it", I wonder do alot of them have much to fall back on.

That's good news. I don't know how so many of those sbg lads dedicate their whole lives to MMA as a career path.

They don't. Most of them.have full-time jobs or are on the rock and roll. They're getting paid buttons by bellator too. Only SBG lad at bellator making ok money is Jimmy and even he isn't making much.

They don't. Most of them.have full-time jobs or are on the rock and roll. They're getting paid buttons by bellator too. Only SBG lad at bellator making ok money is Jimmy and even he isn't making much.

Yeah that's kind of my point. Being on the scratch while trying to earning a living in a sport where its next to impossible to earn a living just seems insane to me. I guess that's why they're fighters and I'm sitting here drinking a can of Heineken.

Yeah that's kind of my point. Being on the scratch while trying to earning a living in a sport where its next to impossible to earn a living just seems insane to me. I guess that's why they're fighters and I'm sitting here drinking a can of Heineken.

You probably have an easier life and less money worries tbh.

• Advertisement

I presume all the cards BAMMA announced for Dublin over the next year will be joint BAMMA/Bellator cards and this is where we will see a lot of this lads fight.

http://www.bamma.com/news/2018/07/11/4-dates-1-city-destination-dublin

When you think about going out there to get your head punched and kicked for small financial reward, its a hard pitch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

My friend Ian Heinisch is fighting this weekend on Dana Whites Contender series. So looking forward to it and hoping he gets a contract from the UFC is he gets a win.

Some of you may remember I got him to make a video shouting out to boardsies a while back.

Good article on Ian here:

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/drug-trafficking-prison-mma-incredible-story-ian-heinisch-184605581.html?guccounter=1

Paully D wrote: »

Yeah its some story all right!

I met him when we both lived in Tenerife. He actually introduced me to watching MMA, I had wrongly assumed it was just another WWE kinda of affair. So he told me to download whatever UFC fight had just happened and he came to mine to explain it all. I couldnt believe the brutality and have loved it since!

His story was something he was naturally worried about as he started piling up wins and the UFC was a real potential option, fortunately the press coverage has been making it more dramatic than negative, so hopefully it works out for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭cletus

Yeah its some story all right!

I met him when we both lived in Tenerife. He actually introduced me to watching MMA, I had wrongly assumed it was just another WWE kinda of affair. So he told me to download whatever UFC fight had just happened and he came to mine to explain it all. I couldnt believe the brutality and have loved it since!

His story was something he was naturally worried about as he started piling up wins and the UFC was a real potential option, fortunately the press coverage has been making it more dramatic than negative, so hopefully it works out for him.

Cool story. What year, out of curiosity?

cletus wrote: »
    Cool story. What year, out of curiosity?

Id say around 2009 or 2010. I left there to move to Ireland in 2011.

Redser (Paul Redmond) had been signed by Bellator also. Delighted with that news, he's one of the nice guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

How come John Redmond is with sbg now? Falling out with team ryano???

He moved a few months ago, put out a video about it, said there was no falling out and that there was a better standard of sparing partners at SBG in his weight class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

He moved a few months ago, put out a video about it, said there was no falling out and that there was a better standard of sparing partners at SBG in his weight class.

Can’t argue with that. It’s a short career but must’ve been a kick in the teeth at the same time to the team ryano lads. Best of luck to him.

Advertisement