Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,848 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

when Gallagher meets someone who can wrestle and keep it standing he will be murdered, the guy, like so many (gunnar, daly, houlihan, pendred, ward, byrne, crosbie) in sbg are just above useless when it comes to` standup.

tuke to be fair has nice stand up, he must have learnt that in his old local club cause Kavanagh knows fu ck all when it comes to stand up.

I'd like to see you stand in front of ward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

By the way, to the lad who said to me to "wait until you see him fight"

I've been at both Bamma events where James fought aswell as cage warriors 70 where he had an amateur fight, I'm seen him plenty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I'd like to see you stand in front of ward.

he's a fighter, I am not, so as a fighter one can say his stand up is **** e like many of the SBG gang.

You tell me outside McGregor and Tuke who has decent mma stand up ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

dulux99 wrote: »
    Please have a look at Gallaghers social media or interviews. He steals direct lines from McGregor aswell as copying his mannerisms, it's bizarre. He even copies Mcgregors smirk! It's weird. Aswell as the constant gloating about money. People are going to see straight through all that nonsense. Look at Dylan Tuke as a comparison, he's making a name for himself not only as a fighter but as a character, and it's all very organic and individual.

You can't outwardly say he's a great fighter either
    . He's a 2-0, 19 year old pro. Nobody is a great fighter at that stage. His jiu jitsu is excellent, some of the best in Irish mma, but he's nowhere near the complete package yet.

But you can say he's a McGregor clone :rolleyes: FFS lads will ya ****ing wise up to yourselves. Give the kid a break and don't let your dislike for McG turn you bitter against anyone connected with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

Devastator wrote:
    But you can say he's a McGregor clone FFS lads will ya ****ing wise up to yourselves. Give the kid a break and don't let your dislike for McG turn you bitter against anyone connected with him.

I had never heard of this kid until a few days ago. I read an interview with him where he keeps mentioning how well paid he'll be and how he wants to win all the belts. It sounded like he was trying very hard to be like Conor. I'm saying this as a big fan of McGregor and numerous other SBG fighters so I'm not bitter against anyone.

RonanP77 wrote: »
    I had never heard of this kid until a few days ago. I read an interview with him where he keeps mentioning how well paid he'll be and how he wants to win all the belts. It sounded like he was trying very hard to be like Conor. I'm saying this as a big fan of McGregor and numerous other SBG fighters so I'm not bitter against anyone.

hang on.....you hadn't even posted in this thread but you're replying like I was talking to you? :confused::eek:

Good for you though, a few days ago you hadn't heard of him, you read 1 interview and your mind is made up. Awesome! :rolleyes:

Does nobody even consider he's just a kid who has signed a contract for 1 of the biggest global MMA organisations and he's probably pulling the plums off himself with excitment? I'm glad to hear everyone here was really mature and wouldn't have said or done anything dumb when they were 19

he talks like a 19 year old, he has fuc k all stand up, a very good ground game he will at best be a top 20 ufc fighter. look at gunni - Maia murdered him, what the fu cj will j gallagher do ? straus would kill him

Devastator wrote:
    hang on.....you hadn't even posted in this thread but you're replying like I was talking to you?

Calm yourself down, I was pointing out the fact that I had nothing against any of them and that not everyone expressing that opinion is doing it because they have a grudge. I knew you weren't replying to me.

Devastator wrote:
    Good for you though, a few days ago you hadn't heard of him, you read 1 interview and your mind is made up. Awesome!

I read an interview and made my mind up about how the lad came across in that particular interview. I don't see how that's a problem.

Calm yourself down, I was pointing out the fact that I had nothing against any of them and that not everyone expressing that opinion is doing it because they have a grudge. I knew you weren't replying to me.

I read an interview and made my mind up about how the lad came across in that particular interview. I don't see how that's a problem.

I'm extremely calm, thanks for your concern though. I find it really bizarre that nobody(or specifically me) said you had anything against them but you felt you had to point out that you didn't. No problems....as I said, thats awesome that you've made up your mind from 1 interview.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

he talks like a 19 year old, he has fuc k all stand up, a very good ground game he will at best be a top 20 ufc fighter. look at gunni - Maia murdered him, what the fu cj will j gallagher do ? straus would kill him

Ah come on the lad is a serious prospect,hes 19 and signed to Bellator it doesnt get any better than that,hes living a good life already doing a lot better than the majority of 19 year olds I know,if he talks crap and wants money and fame let him be its his own life hasnt done him too bad so far,

Gunni was outgrappled by the best grappler arguably in mma,zero shame in that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Gamebred wrote: »
    Ah come on the lad is a serious prospect,hes 19 and signed to Bellator it doesnt get any better than that,hes living a good life already doing a lot better than the majority of 19 year olds I know,if he talks crap and wants money and fame let him be its his own life hasnt done him too bad so far,

Gunni was outgrappled by the best grappler arguably in mma,zero shame in that.

Great decision to sign with bellator aswel where the standard isnt quite as high be good experience for him! Hes a wizard on the mat and his hands are nowhere near as bad as whatever idea these lads are after getting into their heads, he keeps up the way hes going no doubt hell make it very high up in the sport

he's a fighter, I am not, so as a fighter one can say his stand up is **** e like many of the SBG gang.

You tell me outside McGregor and Tuke who has decent mma stand up ?

Eh ward.

James had a pic on his instagram of a load of money, like thousands and thousands and he was slagging off some fighter who had been calling him out. Saw a few comments on it saying he took the pic from Google and now he's deleted it. If he did take a pic from Google then that is incredibly sad and he needs some guidance in his life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

James had a pic on his instagram of a load of money, like thousands and thousands and he was slagging off some fighter who had been calling him out. Saw a few comments on it saying he took the pic from Google and now he's deleted it. If he did take a pic from Google then that is incredibly sad and he needs some guidance in his life.

It was stacks and stacks of money that was clearly from Google, seen it myself on Facebook it was cringey as ****.

so f**k? :confused: "some fighter" .... so again your judging the kid without doing 2 mins of research and looking into what he was reacting to? The "some fighter" your talking about is being talked about on this forum and his posts IMO scream jealousy.

Devastator wrote: »
    so f**k? :confused: "some fighter" .... so again your judging the kid without doing 2 mins of research and looking into what he was reacting to? The "some fighter" your talking about is being talked about on this forum and his posts IMO scream jealousy.

So who is this " some fighter " that was calling James out and is been talked about on this forum?
    Hope that dosent sound smart cause it's a genuine question.

James didn't name the fighter by name - I have no idea who he was talking about, nor do I care about who he was talking about. Hence why I had to name him as "some fighter". I merely noticed that James Googled a photo of stacks of money and posted it on instagram passing it off as his own money, and plenty of people commented under it and it made him look like a fool. I don't need to do any research on that.

I don't really care that the fighter in question has been calling James out - it happens all the time in fight sports, of course people will be jealous of a 2-0 pro who's been signed to a huge mma promotion. That doesn't excuse posting a fake picture of money and passing it off as your own.

Do i need to know the guy personally to be able to pass comment on someone who does something like that? If you post a picture like that to your however many thousand of followers, you are going to get judged for better or for worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Gallagher looks a fantastic prospect and I'll cheer him on and hope he does well, but I can completely understand people saying he seems unlikeable.

Great KO from WFCA in Russia last night. Alfaya had 1 fight in TUF for ATT Vs Blackzillians, he got beat.

KO comes 5 mins into video

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Great KO from WFCA in Russia last night. Alfaya had 1 fight in TUF for ATT Vs Blackzillians, he got beat.

KO comes 5 mins into video

That's Grilo? Jesus, I had completely forgotten about him since TUF! He lost a split to Fitch in WSOF a few years ago too. He must be a decent age now.

Paully D wrote: »
    That's Grilo? Jesus, I had completely forgotten about him since TUF! He lost a split to Fitch in WSOF a few years ago too. He must be a decent age now.

37 apparently and that was his 1st fight since TUF. I was goign to post a link to the article in last post but closed it by mistake :rolleyes: heres where I read & seen the video

http://www.punditarena.com/mmaufc/sraftery/watch-savage-one-punch-ko/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,657 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I seen that picture on Facebook. Didn't think he was passing it off as his own money. (What an advance from , lol). Simply as two fingers up to whoever the other fighter was. "I preform, and that's why I'm getting paid, piss off and stop tagging me in your posts" sort of thing

But he's going to be under the microscope from now on.

Mellor wrote: »
    I seen that picture on Facebook. Didn't think he was passing it off as his own money. (What an advance from , lol). Simply as two fingers up to whoever the other fighter was. "I preform, and that's why I'm getting paid, piss off and stop tagging me in your posts" sort of thing

But he's going to be under the Microsoft from now on.
    Yep. I heard bill gates bought up a huge portion of bellator last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Portuguese fighter Joao Carvalho in serious condition after fighting on the TEF card on Saturday night. He lost be 3rd round TKO to SBG fighter Charlie Ward in a real back and forth battle. All thoughts with him, hoping he pulls through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Portuguese fighter Joao Carvalho in serious condition after fighting on the TEF card on Saturday night. He lost be 3rd round TKO to SBG fighter Charlie Ward in a real back and forth battle. All thoughts with him, hoping he pulls through.

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭califano

Jack Hermansson vs. Alan Carlos (Main)
    Ashleigh Grimshaw vs. Paddy Pimblett
    Scott Clist vs. Brad Wheeler
    James Hurrell vs. Darren Stewart
    Alfie Davis vs. Terry Doyle
    Chris Fishgold vs. Jordan Miller
    Pelu Adetola vs. Gyorgy Dolog
    Oliver Battell vs. Rob Scott

Cage Warriors will be streamed live on Fight Pass with immediate effect, and the complete back catalogue will be available layer this year.

ASOT wrote: »
    Cage Warriors will be streamed live on Fight Pass with immediate effect, and the complete back catalogue will be available layer this year.

Must be brand new news, thats a nice deal CW have so.

califano wrote: »
    Must be brand new news, thats a nice deal CW have so.

Gramham posted it on Facebook today, really good deal IMO.

Do CW have an event this weekend?

• Advertisement

Do CW have an event this weekend?

Move your eyes up about 3/4 posts to Califano's post to get your answer :pac:

Cant wait to see Paddy Pimlett guy is a gas character nice grappler too flying triangled somebody before.

Devastator wrote:
    Move your eyes up about 3/4 posts to Califano's post to get your answer

It mentions who's fighting who but not when, unless it shows up differently on a computer than on a phone.

I'm not sure if I'm still signed up for fightpass, I must check.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭dowthebow

Anyone know if one fc is available on any tv channel today? Or delayed coverage tonight?

dowthebow wrote: »
    Anyone know if one fc is available on any tv channel today? Or delayed coverage tonight?

Ah yes,Ben Askren fighting that will ensure I fall asleep early tonight.

dowthebow wrote: »

Live on Setanta Ireland as far as I know.

Edit taught you meant cage warriros sorry!

It mentions who's fighting who but not when, unless it shows up differently on a computer than on a phone.

I'm not sure if I'm still signed up for fightpass, I must check.

ohhh the old phone vs laptop excuse eh ? lol I dont know but on laptop it gives todays date just aboce the fight card

https://twitter.com/GrabakaHitman/status/720998069437861888

This was before the decision :eek:
    I wonder how they celebrated after this decision
    ? :pac::pac:

Actually here are the full results
    Main card
    Ben Askren def. Nikolay Aleksakhin via unanimous decision
    Geje Eustaquio def. Gianni Subba via unanimous decision
    Lowen Tynanes def. Koji Ando via unanimous decision
    Reece McLaren def. Muin Gafurov via unanimous decision
    Honorio Banario def. Vaughn Donayre via unanimous decision
    Martin Nguyen def. Li Kai Wen via TKO (punches) at 4:44 of R1
    Joshua Pacio def. Rabin Catalan via TKO (punches) at 3:19 of R2
    April Osenio def. Natalie Gonzales Hills via submission (armbar) at 3:23 of R1
    Su Noto def. Bernard Soriano via TKO (strikes) at 3:50 of R1
    Danny Kingad def. Muhamad Haidar via TKO (strikes) at 2:20 of R1

From reading a few twitter updates it didn't sound like Askren's fight was very exciting

Jack Hermansson vs. Alan Carlos (Main)
    Ashleigh Grimshaw vs. Paddy Pimblett
    Scott Clist vs. Brad Wheeler
    James Hurrell vs. Darren Stewart
    Alfie Davis vs. Terry Doyle
    Chris Fishgold vs. Jordan Miller
    Pelu Adetola vs. Gyorgy Dolog
    Oliver Battell vs. Rob Scott

Aswel as Fightpass you can watch on (9pm)
    Ire- Setanta Sports 1, Sky Channel 424 (460 HD)
    UK- Premier Sports, Sky Channel 428 (462 HD)

• Advertisement

Aswel as Fightpass you can watch on (9pm)
    Ire- Setanta Sports 1, Sky Channel 424 (460 HD)
    UK- Premier Sports, Sky Channel 428 (462 HD)

Nice one cheers. Its not actually showing on my program guide(Belgian football & Swedish ice hockey) but they've said on twitter that they are showing it. Ch 551 if anyone is on cable.

Not a bad channel, they had the Pcquiao/Bradley fight last Saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Looks like CW have scaled down a bit in terms of the size of the arena and the amount of fights on the card. The production is fantastic all the same, a different league to BAMMA.

The camera man needs to hold it a little steadier, I felt dizzy watching the start of the first fight.

One down and I'm impressed so far but I'll reserve judgement until its over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

What the hell was Goddard playing at in that Wheeler fight.

Have cage warriors threatened the fighters that if it goes to decision they'll not have them on another card? :eek: That last fight between Clist & Wheeler was pretty nuts, I'm surprised Marc Goddard didn't stop it just before the end of the round. Wheeler had his arms up but there was no defence at all.

Im looking forward to this Pimlett fight

I'm pretty sure he was trying to repeat the Pendred/King feat.

Out of sorts for Goddard he's usually on the ball in most fights.

Have cage warriors threatened the fighters that if it goes to decision they'll not have them on another card?

decision, 2nd round would be great

Pimlett will be in the ufc anytime now one the best prospects ive seen sick grapoler.

• Advertisement

Hard to believe Paddy Pimblett is only 21! Imagine how good he'll be in a couple of years :eek::eek: I'm not usually much of a grappling fan but enjoyed that fight a lot!

Advertisement