Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FULL: Part 2 of Cooking Club 2015 signups

• 10-04-2015 10:47pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The time has arrived to sign up for PART 2 of the 2015 cooking club. If you'd like to post your recipe between May and August, sign up now. We'll take 16 sign ups this time around. We will take more in August.

For the remainder of 2015, we'll be posting recipes fortnightly while we reevaluate the direction of the club for 2016 :). We are now full for the remainder of 2015.

Some notes to bear in mind:

1a. If you sign up, you be given a date that you must post a recipe on. The date will fall on a Friday. Please be prepared and have your recipe ready by this date. Please do not sign up if you are not serious about submitting a recipe.

1b. Chances are, you will receive a reminder PM a few weeks before you are due to post your recipe. You must reply to this PM and confirm that you will still be taking part. Otherwise, your slot may be given away.

1c. If you cannot take part on your allotted date for a foreseen reason, it is imperative that you contact the moderators in advance to let us know. A huge amount of work goes into the Cooking Club, and it is enormously frustrating when someone fails to post without good reason.

1d. If you fail to post a recipe without letting us know why, a 2-week ban may result. Of course, we understand that sometimes things happen unexpectedly to prevent you from posting, so we will use our discretion here.

2. Pictures are NOT required. They're nice, but they're in no way essential. Some posts, although lovely to look at, are completely over the top with pictures and this makes it a nightmare to browse the forum on mobile devices. Pictures must be limited to a maximum of 5. We feel this is sufficient for showing the important parts, and doesn't make the thread a nightmare for mobile browsing. This is 5 per recipe, not 5 per post. Extra pictures after the first 5 will be deleted.

3. The choice of recipe is entirely up to you. It can anything you like, as long as you think others will enjoy it. Some recipes get an unexpectedly large response, others get very few replies. Please don't be disheartened if your recipe doesn't generate a huge response. Often, people are making it without posting about it. Lack of replies don't mean your recipe was a failure!

4a. We have a Random Recipe thread. If you don't sign up in time, or if you have extra recipes you'd like to submit, we strongly encourage you to post them to the Random Recipes thread.

5. As usual, we will only accept sign-ups from posters who have a total postcount of more than 100 posts (or who can demonstrate a strong posting history in the Food & Drink forums under a previous closed account - PM the moderators for this). We will use our discretion with sign-ups where the poster has no history of posting here. We do this to minimise the number of people signing up and then forgetting about it or not wanting to take part a few months later.

5b. If you have failed to post a recipe in the past without giving us adequate notice, you will not be permitted to take part this year (or in the future).

6. Finally, if there's a particular time of year that you'd prefer to post, or a time that really doesn't suit you, please let us know with your sign-up post.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I'd love to take part!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I'd like to give it a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Count me in !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

I'm happy to join in. I'm away on hols in July but any other date suits!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I'd love to, can't do May but other months are good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

I'd love to sign up :) I can't do May, but other than that I'm free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

I'm in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Arra why not! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I'm happy to do it again but if someone new wants to do it and we end up short of places, let them have a go. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

Hi - I'd have one recipe I could share with others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

I'd love to participate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭EITS

I wouldn't mind giving this a go, if there's still room and down the list of posters if at all possible :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Count me in Faith, in July or August if possible please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭Guffy

I'm in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

If there's room I'd love to go again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

If there's room, I'll sign up again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I'm in. I've a bit of a mad idea, so let's see how it goes.

Early/mid June would be ideal.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Right, would you guys all be happy if we space the signups over the rest of the year, as opposed to the next 16 weeks? It would be a recipe a fortnight that way. If there's any times that don't suit, just shout (and homemadecider and MysteryEgg - if you guys don't want to do it again this year, feel free to take your hats out of the ring!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Faith wrote: »
    Right, would you guys all be happy if we space the signups over the rest of the year, as opposed to the next 16 weeks? It would be a recipe a fortnight that way. If there's any times that don't suit, just shout (and homemadecider and MysteryEgg - if you guys don't want to do it again this year, feel free to take your hats out of the ring!)

I've no problem with that - as long as I can still take early/mid June. :D

At a push, I could do October/November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Faith wrote: »

not a problem at all. I'm not available the fridays of the 4th, 11th and 18th of September but other than that I'm free :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

I can take early. Anything before July please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭Guffy

Have to be honest, a bit overwhelmed now so maybe a later date :p

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭piscesgirl1

I would like to sign up if any spaces left?

I would like to sign up if any spaces left?

Hi piscesgirl, we only accept sign-ups from members with more than 100 posts at the moment. As outlined in my first post in this thread:
    5. As usual, we will only accept sign-ups from posters who have a total postcount of more than 100 posts (or who can demonstrate a strong posting history in the Food & Drink forums under a previous closed account - PM the moderators for this). We will use our discretion with sign-ups where the poster has no history of posting here. We do this to minimise the number of people signing up and then forgetting about it or not wanting to take part a few months later.

We'd love for you to sign up next time, when you've broken the 100 posts mark :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

That's fine with me. Anytime except May, and end of July and first week of August suit me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭EITS

Cool with me too, anything that's not the before the first week of June is grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Ah I'll still take part! Though am happy to give my place to someone who hasn't participated before, if you are over-subscribed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

Count me in, please!

May doesn't suit. Anything else should be fine!

Cool, we'll leave it there with the signups now so :).

I'll leave the thread open for another while if anyone who's signed up wants to give more specific months that suit/don't suit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Ah feic, missed it as i was away with work. Best of luck everyone.

Advertisement