Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you help me identify these two succulent plants please?

• 10-04-2015 11:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

This plant has a low trailing habit. It's more or less taken over a raised bed where I'd really prefer to grow herbs so considering moving this. As far as I remember it has yellow five-petalled flowers for most of the Summer.

I bought the other plant last year but it's still sitting in the pot, looking sadly neglected. But time to plant it out now. No plant tag on this one, but I figure it's something like hens and chickens, but leaves are not as fleshy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

leck wrote: »
    This plant has a low trailing habit. It's more or less taken over a raised bed where I'd really prefer to grow herbs so considering moving this. As far as I remember it has yellow five-petalled flowers for most of the Summer.

I bought the other plant last year but it's still sitting in the pot, looking sadly neglected. But time to plant it out now. No plant tag on this one, but I figure it's something like hens and chickens, but leaves are not as fleshy.

The first is a Sedum, possibly the variety reflexum, and is easily moved into a pot or somewhere else with good drainage. Just take some soil with it.

The second is a little sick looking (!) but it's a Saxifrage, possibly London Pride or a close relative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭leck

lk67 wrote: »
    The first is a Sedum, possibly the variety reflexum, and is easily moved into a pot or somewhere else with good drainage. Just take some soil with it.

The second is a little sick looking (!) but it's a Saxifrage, possibly London Pride or a close relative.
    Thanks. Yes, the second one does look like London Pride. I figured the older parts of the plant were dying off because of the cold, rather than neglect. At least there are some new shoots pushing through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

leck wrote: »
    Thanks. Yes, the second one does look like London Pride. I figured the older parts of the plant were dying off because of the cold, rather than neglect. At least there are some new shoots pushing through.

It should recover but cold shouldn't be an issue. Vine weevil can be a problem so check the soil for them.

Advertisement