Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

clonmel swimming pool

• 10-04-2015 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I think the pool and gym here are a great facility but do feel very little thought has gone into the needs of disabled people here yes the pool has a hoist available but with all due respect not every disabled person wants to have to use the hoist I certainly don't as it makes me personally feel humiliated and degraded to have other people laughing and making comments I suffer with severe osteoarthritis in all my joints and I have fibromyalgia as well I would love to go swmiming as it's supposed to be excellent for arthritis but I cannot manage the ladders at the pool to get in and out some other pools around the country have ramps and safety rails fitted so people can walk down into the pool which would be ideal here in clonmel pool. Do any other people with disabilities have the same problems where you are and is there anyway to get the council's to make adaptions to suit all people regardless of type of disability they have I can walk poorly with the aid of a walking cane and would manage a ramp without any problems I find it frustrating not being able to better my health due to inaccessible pools and would like to hear other people's thoughts on this thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭2old4dacold

http://www.seankellysportscentre.com/ in Carrick-on-Suir might suit you better. You can enter the main pool via the kiddies pool. Two steps from deck level down into kiddies pool. Slight slope down across this to three more steps down into main pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

I have no experience of this I'm sorry mseliana, but I just wanted to say fair play to you for highlighting this issue and persisting with something you really want to do. Swimming could be the safest and most complete body workout you can do and it suits all sizes, shapes, and abilities.

I hope you never give up.

Advertisement