Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RIP Ray Treacy

• 11-04-2015 12:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

Done well for Ireland fans over the years and a nice lad.

1st time i met him was in Milltown in 87? Rovers vs Man United (3-2?) me da (ex pats ) and me uncle (ex pats chairman) having banter with him, he got me a cup with man united on it. Met him again over the years at Ireland games. Was a genuine fan who wanted as many people to see games as possible and made a living out of it. Always respected him for that.

RIP

Comments

Sad news, RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Very sad to hear this, met him years ago at an Ireland match. Very nice man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

A happy-go-lucky guy with great sense of humour ........RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭mobby

sad news Indeed RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

His title winning season with Rovers was probably the highlight of my childhood? Counting down the days to every game at the RDS. Actually only missed about 6 games that season home or away. Wonderful times.
    Thanks for the memories Ray.

His sons were in my year on school. Lovely lads just like their father.

R.I.P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

A great man both on and off the field. Very sad to hear of his passing. I am lucky enough to have seen him play a few times.

RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,730 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Sad news,

Although I never met the man, my father always used to tell me about when they were kids (they were 1st cousins) and the craic they used to have.

R.I.P. Ray

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Never met him or anything but always heard good things about him from Ireland fans before.

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

RIP Trasser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Nunu wrote: »
    His title winning season with Rovers was probably the highlight of my childhood? Counting down the days to every game at the RDS. Actually only missed about 6 games that season home or away. Wonderful times.
    Thanks for the memories Ray.

His sons were in my year on school. Lovely lads just like their father.

R.I.P.

That was a fantastic Rovers team he put together.

RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Rovers and Irish legend R.I.P.

and travel industry legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

he used to do the punditry with Eamo, Giles and Liam Touhy back in the day

RIP

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

He also scored that penalty in 1978 in Sligo

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

RIP Ray:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I remember him as a pundit for the '86 World Cup.

For the third place play off they decided to do an Aprés Match style skit of the analysis-first time this was done, if memory serves me right.

He played a blinder alongside Giles and Brush Sheils (who was replaced by an actual sweeping brush for the extra time).

RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

thats right, Dermot Morgan played the part of eamon dunphy in the guise of a ventriloquist's dummy sitting on ray treacy's knee :D

Eamo was so offended by it he refused to do the world cup final punditry the following day

Advertisement