Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place to get LG 35UM65-P ? also hardwareversand question.

Options
  • 11-04-2015 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, I wish to buy LG 35UM65-P, I am wondering where is cheapest place to buy? I am going to buy from Amazon (from good experience with it) but I've found this website called hardwareversand.de and it sells monitor at 140 euro cheaper than amazon, is it safe to buy from them?

What about refunds and damaged goods or warranty?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

If you use geizhals.de you'll get a lower price again. They're what most people here use to buy parts.

If you've a problem, they may be a bit slow to deal with it but generally everything gets sorted. I've never had a problem with them personally

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

If you use geizhals.de you'll get a lower price again. They're what most people here use to buy parts.

If you've a problem, they may be a bit slow to deal with it but generally everything gets sorted. I've never had a problem with them personally

is that legit? I mean I just checked price for LG 34UM95 (the one I wanted, but Amazon has it priced at like 900 euros) and it's only 649 euros? is there any catch?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hardwareversand are the cheapest 9 times out of 10 in the EU market.

The €670 one is b stock (thus the "SALE") , this is the real deal at €730.

Knock a few quid off with geizhals.de and bobs you're uncle. EU law protects you, and while their english isn't always great their customer support has never been unreasonable.

So delivery is always solid 30 Euro? even if I buy like 10 items from them - I will pay 30 Euro for one package? Also I did bit of search on sites and it appears they require german parcel service or something?

I am also starting to doubt 34UM95, I've read about it and most people who got it - have some kind of defect on those monitors :(

They have a flat rate yes, must be higher for monitors its normally only €12 for PC components.

They deliver with UPS, you can have it shipped directly to you

• Advertisement

They have a flat rate yes, must be higher for monitors its normally only €12 for PC components.

They deliver with UPS, you can have it shipped directly to you

Well that's handy, have you heard anything about that LG monitor before by any chance?

arleitiss wrote: »
    Well that's handy, have you heard anything about that LG monitor before by any chance?

No I don't know **** about monitors :D Google is your best friend here I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

I have the Lg um95 and have only got a small bit of backlight bleed / IPS glow, its only noticeable in left corner on black screens and does not bother me.

I would buy the new Acer XR341CK its 144hz Gsync and curved. The Lg is still a lovely monitor all the same especially with a monitor arm (helps with getting it perfect for viewing up close).

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Didnt somebody on here get two ultrawides and ended up sending both of em back? Might be worth searching for.

ED E wrote: »
    Didnt somebody on here get two ultrawides and ended up sending both of em back? Might be worth searching for.

That's exactly what I am afraid of.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I got the 29 " version and i wont be sending it back its superb, blows both my catleap 2560x1440 and dell U24 ips away for gaming.
    Only negative is not every game supports the res but most do, if a game isnt supported theres a big chance flawless widescreen have it sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

What kind of GPU runs that beast i mean is there a single card available now or are with talking SLI?

Dcully wrote: »
    I got the 29 " version and i wont be sending it back its superb, blows both my catleap 2560x1440 and dell U24 ips away for gaming.
    Only negative is not every game supports the res but most do, if a game isnt supported theres a big chance flawless widescreen have it sorted.

Yeah I wonder can I play GTA V with UM95, I have GTX 970 GPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Yeah I wonder can I play GTA V with UM95, I have GTX 970 GPU.

Yes it plays fine once you have shadows off

I ended up buying SSD, getting new desk, office chair, LG 34UM65-P, SSD, Mechanical Keyboard and a wall mount.
    I am pretty happy considering it was all of the above vs LG 34UM95 alone.

Advertisement