Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

High Hopes but.....

• 11-04-2015 2:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭

Although as a kid I always loved the A-Team, when I heard there was a movie in the works I was hoping it would be a serious, realistic type of movie along the lines of Heat in terms of gunfights, theme, script etc.

Any movies you thought would be different/better from their original source (book, remake, reboot, conception etc ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

His Dark Materials :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Heckler wrote: »
    Although as a kid I always loved the A-Team, when I heard there was a movie in the works I was hoping it would be a serious, realistic type of movie along the lines of Heat in terms of gunfights, theme, script etc.

you thought a movie about the A-Team would be realistic???

c'mon now :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Terminator Salvation.

We wanted a sci-fi Saving Private Ryan with troops of soldiers in post apocalyptic California. Its like they go out of the way to avoid showing it. The most intiriguing part of the whole series and they bland it up.

The problems is Arnie is the now the franchise, TS fails and therefore audiences think they don't want to see future war, so they exclaim "It because he wasn't in it that it was bad", when in fact if it had been written well, they wouldn't have even noticed lack of Arnie.

He's the biggest crutch, impediment to the series story, they can't imagine a story without him, because we've never had a good story without him. (Sarah Connor Chronicles is the exception)

Salvation blew the only chance.

Look how much natural the off screen dialogue was, flows far better. Hilarious in fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

fryup wrote: »
    you thought a movie about the A-Team would be realistic???

c'mon now :pac:

We're got bamboo and some rope.....let's build a tank!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Heckler wrote: »

Just watch Three Kings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement