Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Dublin - Dont Know anyone

Options
  • 11-04-2015 4:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭

So I recently got a permanent Job in Dublin and I'm moving up at the end of the month. Everything is completely new to me. I don't really know anyone in Dublin. There`s a few people up there I went to college with, but not really close friends so I`ll be starting from scratch. Anyone any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

So I recently got a permanent Job in Dublin and I'm moving up at the end of the month. Everything is completely new to me. I don't really know anyone in Dublin. There`s a few people up there I went to college with, but not really close friends so I`ll be starting from scratch. Anyone any advice?
    this sounds quite natural.

Take your time to get to know the city a bit, even if you're going to be living in the suburbs.

If you have a Saturday or Sunday off go into the city centre and try to get to know it, take a section, Grafton Street, St Stephens Green, the Grand Canal; O'Connell Street, Parnell Square, Capel Street, Dublin Castle; the Phoenix Park.
    There's always the galleries and museums if that's your thing.
    Lots to see and do and get your bearings.

There are plenty of choices on meetup.com,

www.wherevent.com is coming down with all sorts of things happening, a big mix of stuff.
    Lots of the listings is stuff you can go to on your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

For meeting people with similar interests, you can't beat MeetUp.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Do you play any sports?
    Join a local club and you'll get to know people in the area.

Advertisement