Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Elections. The Constituency of Tipperary

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

Vizzy wrote: »
    Just on the "Kelly" issue, as Honeybadger says, NO politician ever secures a project like First Data for a town. If First Data were interested in setting up anywhere, the fact that Alan Kelly (or maybe his brother) tell them that Nenagh is a lovely place is not going to swing it I'm afraid.
    The people of the County won't see it that way though.

Kelly himself is the most arrogant and self important man you will ever meet.

Great man to tell you he can do this and that but invariably comes up short. But by that stage he has moved on to the next promise.

Lowry (and I have no love for the man) is an absolute gentleman to deal with and I would argue that he gets a lot more done and that's the reason why he is probably going to top the poll. At least he is on the "inside p***ing out" rather than on the outside p***ing in !!

Both Mattie and Seamus had that opportunity after the last election but wouldn't take it.

If either of them had any sense of true National politics they would have agreed some deal to deliver even one major project for Tipperary.
    Parish pump politicians, the both of them.
    Healy never does anything only complain and knock things. He never has to deliver anything except maybe medical card he fools people into thinking he 'got them' . or a calendar

Healy never does anything only complain and knock things. He never has to deliver anything except maybe medical card he fools people into thinking he 'got them' . or a calendar

Now, in fairness, his calendar is very, very handy. Just cut the top and bottom off and stick on the fridge. A great job altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Now, in fairness, his calendar is very, very handy. Just cut the top and bottom off and stick on the fridge. A great job altogether.
    Well I’d send you (and 69,999 other people) a handy calendar myself if I could print it off for free at work without getting the sack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Vizzy

You made my mind up.

Vote Healy number 1 ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

Healy likes to keeps certain people dependent on him. He would never teach them to be self empowered because then they would not need him. To a certain extent all TD's do that but Healy more so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

My 5 seats
    Lowry ,mattie ,Kelly Cahill and Hannigan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

mahoney_j wrote: »
    My 5 seats

Hannigan to take Healy's seat. I dont think so.

At least he will have a couple of good pensions, one of them going back to the time he was manager of South Tipperary General Hospital. No fear of him at all.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Xenophile wrote: »

At least he will have a couple of good pensions, one of them going back to the time he was manager of South Tipperary General Hospital. No fear of him at all.

Think hannigan is going to be real dark horse ,Gaa connections will be big help

Xenophile wrote: »

You mean the time that he introduced pay parking at the hospital ?

Think hannigan is going to be real dark horse ,Gaa connections will be big help

In the Killenaule area a former GAA big name was canvassing for Michael Lowry.

• Advertisement

In the Killenaule area a former GAA big name was canvassing for Michael Lowry.

Kelly had Liam Sheedy at his launch..
    Also at the launch was Tipperary senior hurling manager Liam Sheedy.

He said that Tipperary needed somebody in their corner, and he didn’t think there was anybody better to do that than Deputy Kelly.

He believed that no other person would deliver the jobs and investment in the area.

He said that Tipperary needed somebody in their corner, and he didn’t think there was anybody better to do that than Deputy Kelly.

He believed that no other person would deliver the jobs and investment in the area.

That's the funding for Tipp hurling sorted for a few years

The greyhound fraternity think highly of him. He performed well on their behalf in recent PAC meetings. He had his homework done.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭elperello

The greyhound fraternity think highly of him. He performed well on their behalf in recent PAC meetings. He had his homework done.

Supporting the greyhound lobby could nearly cut both ways. They are not exactly flavour of the month after Primetime Investigates.

In other news local informants tell me that AK posters are going up around Nenagh. They say "Keep your local TD- Kelly Number One". No mention of Labour.

elperello wrote: »
    Supporting the greyhound lobby could nearly cut both ways. They are not exactly flavour of the month after Primetime Investigates..

Anyone with an ounce of sense would see that program for the hatchet job it was. Based on ancient stories, mainly from other countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Anyone with an ounce of sense would see that program for the hatchet job it was. Based on ancient stories, mainly from other countries.

I have no wish to rehearse the debate about the greyhound business in this thread about the constituency.

I was merely making the point that there are very different views on the subject and overt support for one side or the other is not necessarily a good move politically.

elperello wrote: »
    I have no wish to rehearse the debate about the greyhound business in this thread about the constituency.

I was merely making the point that there are very different views on the subject and overt support for one side or the other is not necessarily a good move politically.

I’m well aware that there are differing views about the game, but Greyhound racing and coursing are huge in Tipperary. While some of the others offered sound bites, Alan Kelly had done his research.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I’m well aware that there are differing views about the game, but Greyhound racing and coursing are huge in Tipperary. While some of the others offered sound bites, Alan Kelly had done his research.

The annual coursing event is huge for the few days it's on for sure, with Greyhound racing it's a push to call it huge the reality is Clonmel and Thurles stadiums are dwindling by.

Evidence shows essentially all of the candidates are in favour of btw, Rob O Donnell the only exception, the rest are unknown.

https://banbloodsports.wordpress.com/2020/01/09/general-election-2020-tipperary-candidates-and-animal-cruelty-issues/

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

What’s the deal with financing a campaign?
    For party candidates how much is funded by their parties versus the candidates themselves?
    If you’re not well off are you basically precluded from running....especially if you’re independent?

You’d wonder how the ‘token females’ bother running. Judging by the betting odds anyone below Newman/Goldsboro are completely wasting their time. I’m especially thinking of marie Murphy running for fg last time out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

My 5 seats

Replace Hannigan with Healy, he will have a big Clonmel and Cashel vote and when Brown is eliminated he will get the transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Saturdays ballot paper

n3gCCaz.jpg

HSE management say they are “very concerned” with claims made about the development of a 40-bed unit in Roscrea.

Independent General Election candidate Michael Lowry says that plans have been drawn up for a public nursing home, but the HSE say they have not received any such proposal.

Addressing a public meeting in Roscrea over the weekend, deputy Lowry said that plans have been drawn up for a proposed new 40 bed public nursing home at the former Malt House site, adjacent to an approved new Primary Care Centre.

HSE Mid West Community Healthcare have issued a statement today however, saying they’ve had no formal discussions and have not received any proposal from any developer.

The HSE’s Estates Division says that existing plans for a primary care centre at the former Malt House site in Roscrea does not include plans for a new community nursing unit.

Deputy Lowry says he presented a suggestion to the developer of the site to include a public residential home for the elderly, a request which he says was taken on board.

HSE Mid West Community Healthcare Chief Officer Maria Bridgeman says the HSE is “very surprised to hear such claims” and “categorically refutes them.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

Irish Freedom Party ... WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭jem

HSE management say they are “very concerned” with claims made about the development of a 40-bed unit in Roscrea.

Independent General Election candidate Michael Lowry says that plans have been drawn up for a public nursing home, but the HSE say they have not received any such proposal.

Addressing a public meeting in Roscrea over the weekend, deputy Lowry said that plans have been drawn up for a proposed new 40 bed public nursing home at the former Malt House site, adjacent to an approved new Primary Care Centre.

HSE Mid West Community Healthcare have issued a statement today however, saying they’ve had no formal discussions and have not received any proposal from any developer.

The HSE’s Estates Division says that existing plans for a primary care centre at the former Malt House site in Roscrea does not include plans for a new community nursing unit.

Deputy Lowry says he presented a suggestion to the developer of the site to include a public residential home for the elderly, a request which he says was taken on board.

HSE Mid West Community Healthcare Chief Officer Maria Bridgeman says the HSE is “very surprised to hear such claims” and “categorically refutes them.”

Social media in Roscrea on fire with this . short version lowry claimed at public meeting in roscrea that he had agreement for the public nurning home to move to new site( current one in bodder with HSE new criteria) made a huge play on this as this would be the major local issue. was challanged on this by Akelly and M Smith ff counciller from roscrea. lowry made huge claims on this and HSE coming out that it all rubbish and they know nothing about it at all.
    Lowry just lost a huge number of votes in Roscrea.

Dymo wrote: »
    Saturdays ballot paper

n3gCCaz.jpg

From TipperaryLive FB page.....

There is huge shock in Thurles this evening following the news of the death of Tipperary general election Independent candidate Marese Skehan.

Tipperarylive understands that Ms Skehan was found dead in her home today, but no details of her passing have been released at this time.
    May she rest in peace...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭tastyt

Who's responsible for all the recent investment and planning in Thurles? A new business centre, new housing estates and a facelift for the town centre. Millions in investment.

Why can't tipp town have this, As a close commuter town to Limerick. What has Thurles got that Tipp town couldn't have??

Its hardly just Lowrys doing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭History Queen

RTE reporting on news that we won't be voting in Tipperary on Saturday due to sudden death of Marie Skehan (RIP). I missed the full explanation as to why but the correspondent was saying it could be as much as a week later before we vote.

RTE reporting on news that we won't be voting in Tipperary on Saturday due to sudden death of Marie Skehan (RIP). I missed the full explanation as to why but the correspondent was saying it could be as much as a week later before we vote.

She was an independent so it shouldn’t make any difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I missed the full explanation as to why but the correspondent was saying it could be as much as a week later before we vote.

It would likely be because the ballot papers like the one posted above are now invalid.

Advertisement