Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 33 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

MR NINE wrote: »
    I also sold benteke to bring him in. I really wish i hadnt, hes tying up so much money but i just cant justify axing him before a double. Ive never been this stumped before, i have no idea what to do, having considered many different options.

I'd say keep him but don't captain him. Keep next week's transfer until the Liverpool press conference. If he's not 100%, transfer for a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

I'd say keep him but don't captain him. Keep next week's transfer until the Liverpool press conference. If he's not 100%, transfer for a hit.

I definitely wont captain him, even if he was fully fit id be going captain hazard. I just keep getting this urge to bring in murray for two gameweeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Naughton
    > Schlupp is done.

I'm thinking Sanchez
    > Cesc and Sinclair
    > Zaha for an 8 point hit?

I'd leave Zaha alone, but their fixtures are good, and I was planning on getting coverage in this week even if they hadn't hammered Sunderland.

Toying with a big gambly wildcard for the run in.

Currently thinking about

Schmeichel (Ospina)
    Dann Schlupp Ivanovic (Skrtel, Bellerin)
    Hazard Bolaise Silva Cambiaso (Sterling)
    Aguero Kane Murray

That's 3 each from Leicester & Crystal Palace :eek:
    (means I'd need to dump Silva & Skrtel to bring in Sanchez + AN.Other for 37/38)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

As usual the Mourinho updates are a mindfck for Fantasy Managers...
    @MiguelDelaney
    Mourinho says Remy has better than "50/50" chance of playing, but "doesn't know". Costa may be fit for Arsenal.

@ChelseaFC
    He says he doesn't know if Loic Remy will be fit to play but he has a chance. #CFC
    Jose says Diego Costa's recovery is going well and he will start training with the rest of the squad next week. #CFC

If you have Remy looks like get rid time with a good chance he'll be out this weekend and an increasing chance of significant Costa involvement in the DGW.

If like most you have Hazard and a Chelsea def do you commit now to Fab as the third or do you wait and see if Costa looks like playing in both the DGW games?

Meanwhile Rodgers is givin Studge "every chance" to make the cup game, so its clearly touch and go, I nearly hope he doesn't make it as it would increase his chances of featuring in both DGW matches, hopefully starting at least one. I fear the he'll risk him in the cup as they want to win it, and he'll be rested for one of the league games.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-striker-daniel-sturridge-9062716

As a Sturridge owner and considering my option for third Chelsea player this is one of the most head wrecking gameweeks in a long time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

FHFC wrote: »
    As usual the Mourinho updates are a mindfck for Fantasy Managers...

If you have Remy looks like get rid time with a good chance he'll be out this weekend and an increasing chance of significant Costa involvement in the DGW.

If like most you have Hazard and a Chelsea def do you commit now to Fab as the third or do you wait and see if Costa looks like playing in both the DGW games?

Meanwhile Rodgers is givin Studge "every chance" to make the cup game, so its clearly touch and go, I nearly hope he doesn't make it as it would increase his chances of featuring in both DGW matches, hopefully starting at least one. I fear the he'll risk him in the cup as they want to win it, and he'll be rested for one of the league games.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-striker-daniel-sturridge-9062716

As a Sturridge owner and considering my option for third Chelsea player this is one of the most head wrecking gameweeks in a long time!

I'm going to keep Remy this week and see what happens.

Don't expect too much of him now tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I'll be very interested to see how Mourinho approaches the match tomorrow. If he puts Cesc at #9 and goes for it with Carrick and Blind out, I may have to reassess my Terrivanovic plan for the DGW

I definitely wont captain him, even if he was fully fit id be going captain hazard. I just keep getting this urge to bring in murray for two gameweeks.

We seem to have very similar conundrums.

I'm very keen to get Bolasie, and then probably Fab as my third Chelsea. With Remy & Costa both looking very risky options the last thing I want to do is have to change Sturridge to another striker (Vardy being the only DGW option really, and I'd not be keeping him) and trying to fit an extra Liverpool mid.

If I was going for Leicester attacking cover (and I'm not that keen on their defence) I'd prefer Cambiasso (2 goals, 1 assist and 5 bonus in last 6 games) who could then sit on as my cheap 5th mid for the rest of the season not requiring a transfer to get him out. Thats what puts me off Vardy / Nugent - I can't see anybody keeping these two beyond the DGW with Aguero, Giroud, Benteke, Kane and possibly Costa competing for forward berths for the run in. And I am too transfer poor to go Studge-Vardy-somebody else over the next three weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

As always Mourinho’s press conferences are extremely elucidative… Remy may still be out & Costa is on the horizon…

I must get Aguero back in!
    Original plan was using my single FT and switching with Benteke to field 11 this GW.

Now I’m strongly considering a -4 hit: Remy/Cazorla OUT & Aguero/Fabregas IN

Myhill
    Terry | Alderweireld | Rose
    Hazard | Fabregas | Silva | Siggy | Eriksen
    Aguero | Kane

No bench: Guzan, Bellerin, PVA, Benteke

If I was going for Leicester attacking cover (and I'm not that keen on their defence) I'd prefer Cambiasso (2 goals, 1 assist and 5 bonus in last 6 games) who could then sit on as my cheap 5th mid for the rest of the season not requiring a transfer to get him out. Thats what puts me off Vardy / Nugent - I can't see anybody keeping these two beyond the DGW with Aguero, Giroud, Benteke, Kane and possibly Costa competing for forward berths for the run in. And I am too transfer poor to go Studge-Vardy-somebody else over the next three weeks.

I'm planning on 3-5-2 and either go treble Arsenal midfield DGW37 or drop Aguero for Giroud. Vardy is a massive upgrade on Cork in case anyone gets dropped unexpectedly as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I'm going to take in a defender for the suspended Taylor. That will give me 11 playing. I was thinking of Ivanovich but I already have Terry.

Anyone else doubling up on Chelsea defenders?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Getting Remy in last week was a poor move by me. I really should have held that move till this week to see what the news on costa was. I had austin to play last week and there was no rush with that move. I think i'll just hold Remy and see what happens between now and next Fri.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Getting Remy in last week was a poor move by me. I really should have held that move till this week to see what the news on costa was. I had austin to play last week and there was no rush with that move. I think i'll just hold Remy and see what happens between now and next Fri.

I'm holding Remy as you and wonski have also said. Mourinho's 50/50 usually means that he'll play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Ditto. I'd much rather have Cesc, or even Ivan to go with Terry and Haz. But I think I'll also hold, and bank my transfer this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

2 FT and 1.2m in the bank, not sure what to do lads, any advice?:)
    Should I just make the one transfer and keep 2 for the DGW? Im happy enough to keep sterling, sanchez and austin going forward.

Davis
    ivanovic cresswell (bellerin,hutton,PVA)
    hazard walters eriksen (sterling,sanchez)
    aguero kane (Austin)
    myhil

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

I have the conundrum with Remy. Brought him in last week and dont think I will keep him for next week. Will prob hold ths week.

Finally narrowing down my options for next week but need to make a transfer this week:

Which do you think would be better players for GW34

Mignolet and Fabregas,

or

Ivanovic and Moreno,

I'm planning on 3-5-2 and either go treble Arsenal midfield DGW37 or drop Aguero for Giroud. Vardy is a massive upgrade on Cork in case anyone gets dropped unexpectedly as well.

I think its very very risky to go without either Aguero or Giroud from GW36 on. I'd also want to have Benteke probably for some of the final games.

Can't spare a forwards slot but Cambiasso with DGW is a huge upgrade on Cork too!

Yeah, doubts about Costa being back for DGW were why I went for Sturridge, and others Gomis. And we are way better off!!! :rolleyes: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Used my 2 FT to bring Schlupp and Fabregas in for Kompany and Cazorla. Pity I didn't get one more week out of Kompany, he's been a disaster but they have a decent chance of a cleanie. Cazorla overstayed his welcome but he did well for me and a replacement never really jumped out at me until now.

Have 12 for this week (with Ameobi who may be doubtful). Plan is to take a 4 point hit next week to bring sterling and vardy/nugent in for Ameobi and Berahino which will give me 6 DGWs. In decent nick at the moment hoping to push on towards the top 1k (awaits a disastrous run in now a la last year).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

2 FT and 1.2m in the bank, not sure what to do lads, any advice?:)
    Should I just make the one transfer and keep 2 for the DGW? Im happy enough to keep sterling, sanchez and austin going forward.

Davis
    ivanovic cresswell (bellerin,hutton,PVA)
    hazard walters eriksen (sterling,sanchez)
    aguero kane (Austin)
    myhil

You can only field 8 so why not get in another starter at least? Personally I'd be getting using both transfers this week to get in Chelsea or Leicester players.Obvious choices would be Schlupp for one of your non playing defenders, fabregas for Sanchez or Vardy for Austin.

This means you get an extra players to start this week and they will have 2 games instead of 1 next week.

• Advertisement

I think its very very risky to go without either Aguero or Giroud from GW36 on. I'd also want to have Benteke probably for some of the final games.

Risky not having Giroud for DGW37+GW38 yes, but I wouldn't worry too much being Aguero-less for swa+SOT.

This is definitely the most head wrecking decision ive had in my ff career.

Theres so much uncertainty over chelsea and liverpool players at the moment i have no idea what to do. im not convinced by any leicester players really, ive given it a lot of consideration and schlupp, vardy, cambiasso, huth, even schmeichel have all been considered but they just dont keep enough clean sheets. Burnley away and chelsea are two tough games for scoring goals as well so i think im gonna chance having no leicester coverage. Theres a chance burnley v leicester could be a high scoring relegation scrap but recent form at turf moor would suggest otherwise so ill take my chances. I havent even considered hull coverage as theyre just too bad.

This is definitely the most head wrecking decision ive had in my ff career.

Theres so much uncertainty over chelsea and liverpool players at the moment i have no idea what to do. im not convinced by any leicester players really, ive given it a lot of consideration and schlupp, vardy, cambiasso, huth, even schmeichel have all been considered but they just dont keep enough clean sheets. Burnley away and chelsea are two tough games for scoring goals as well so i think im gonna chance having no leicester coverage. Theres a chance burnley v leicester could be a high scoring relegation scrap but recent form at turf moor would suggest otherwise so ill take my chances. I havent even considered hull coverage as theyre just too bad.

I'm pretty certain I won't have any leicester players either. I think I'll have 3 chelsea and 2 liverpool (1 defender and 1 midfielder) for 0 pts hits and I think I'm happy with that. The Liverpool cup game may change that - if Pool blow Villa away and look really good, I may take a hit and bring in a second mid, or sturridge for a hit. But I just don't think Liverpool are firing on all cylinders at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

I'm pretty certain I won't have any leicester players either. I think I'll have 3 chelsea and 2 liverpool (1 defender and 1 midfielder) for 0 pts hits and I think I'm happy with that. The Liverpool cup game may change that - if Pool blow Villa away and look really good, I may take a hit and bring in a second mid, or storage for a hit. But I just don't think Liverpool are firing on all cylinders at the minute.

Made me giggle at my desk :D

I'm pretty certain I won't have any leicester players either. I think I'll have 3 chelsea and 2 liverpool (1 defender and 1 midfielder) for 0 pts hits and I think I'm happy with that. The Liverpool cup game may change that - if Pool blow Villa away and look really good, I may take a hit and bring in a second mid, or storage for a hit. But I just don't think Liverpool are firing on all cylinders at the minute.

I have henderson, storage :pac: , hazard and terry as dgw players at the moment. I think ill probably ditch sturridge for murray and use the funds to sign fabregas and mignolet at a 4 point hit the following week. I could sign sterling as well for another hit but probably wont do it as it would give me difficulties going forward when trying to stock up on arsenal.

3 chelsea and 2 liverpool for a -4 seems a reasonable stash for the dgw. Ive seen a few people talking about having 8 or 9 which is a bit concerning but i think ill take the chance with 5.

If i keep sturridge funds are tight and id only really be able to afford leicester coverage to add to my terry,hazard,henderson and sturridge. I think mignolet and fabregas at a -4 is better than sturridge +2 leicester for a -4. It would also give me murray for the next two weeks, which is a much needed boost for gw33 in particular as i only have 10 at the moment.

Made me giggle at my desk :D

Not sure how that happened!!:)

• Advertisement

3 chelsea and 2 liverpool for a -4 seems a reasonable stash for the dgw. Ive seen a few people talking about having 8 or 9 which is a bit concerning but i think ill take the chance with 5.

I'd guess that the people with 8 or 9 are wildcarding. While that's worrying, there can't be too many of them. Plus, while having 3 chelsea and 3 liverpool mightn't be too bad going forward, having 3 leicester players in my team beyond the DGW is not something I'd want. In fact, having 8/9 players from 3 teams would be quite worrying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

i will have seven dgw players, 3 chelsea hazard terry and courtuis and 3 liverpool, henderson (sterling and a defender, have to be purchased next week for a minus 4) and vardy.

ill be happy with that, will also be hanging onto either sanchez or giroud so happy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

I have 10 playing this weekend (if Remy plays).

Davis

Bertand Wolly Terry

Hazard Boyd Silva

Kane Remy Aguero

Looking at a Leicester defender possibly with one eye on their double GW. I have 2FT and 0.9 ITB. Is Schlupp the best option? Him out for Hutton? That would give me 11 players for this GW and 4 players for the DGW (Terry, Hazard, Sterling, and Schlupp) with 2 FT to bring in another 1 or 2 DGW players next week. What do people think? Decent plan?

Thoughts appreciated on this. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I've played my wildcard. The plan is to do Silva->Sterling for GW34. It gives me 11 players playing this week, 8 DGW players for 34 (including Sterling), and potentially 2 already for GW37.

5Q7mrD.png

Any suggestions? Not sure if Bellerin is a good option as he isn't nailed on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'm probably going to take a shot on Nugent, recent returns excepted is there any reason why more people are gambling on Vardy, he plays as a wide midfield player right?? And Nugent is on pens.
    I was impressed with Kramaric from what I saw, if I was confident that any of Ulloa, Kramaric or Nugent was short odds to play all the next three I'd do it in a heartbeat, hard to call in my opinion.

• Advertisement

I'm probably going to take a shot on Nugent, recent returns excepted is there any reason why more people are gambling on Vardy, he plays as a wide midfield player right?? And Nugent is on pens.
    I was impressed with Kramaric from what I saw, if I was confident that any of Ulloa, Kramaric or Nugent was short odds to play all the next three I'd do it in a heartbeat, hard to call in my opinion.

This was retweeted by FFFix and reported as a conversation with a Leicester season ticket holder....

https://mobile.twitter.com/Fantasy_Spur/status/589009383629135872

Can't see myself giving a precious forward slot to either as i said above.

This was retweeted by FFFix and reported as a conversation with a Leicester season ticket holder....

https://mobile.twitter.com/Fantasy_Spur/status/589009383629135872

Can't see myself giving a precious forward slot to either as i said above.

I have Benteke and don't fancy him too much away to city next week, I'll never afford Studge and Remy is too dodgy at the moment. Hull have nothing tempting up front so my feeling is that I should punt on Leicester before this gameweek, two of the fixtures are tempting despite Burnleys stingy home defence. The penalties bit is definitely swaying me towards Nugent, three games, 1 penalty and one from open play would be a savage return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Vardy is cheaper, has more points for the season, more points per minute, better recent form over the last few matches and is probably a little more likely to get more minutes

I had been talking up Vardy for over a week so can't change my mind now :pac:. Also what Crabie said. I hedged my bets and brought in Nugent in my draft league though.

I have Benteke and don't fancy him too much away to city next week, I'll never afford Studge and Remy is too dodgy at the moment. Hull have nothing tempting up front so my feeling is that I should punt on Leicester before this gameweek, two of the fixtures are tempting despite Burnleys stingy home defence. The penalties bit is definitely swaying me towards Nugent, three games, 1 penalty and one from open play would be a savage return.

Yeah, everybody's position is different and I'm not saying Leicester forwards are not worthy of consideration, I'd like aguero, Giroud and probably Benteke as my front three after gw35 I think so working around that two transfers to bring in vardy and back out don't work.

I currently have 10 for this week and 1 ft, and 4 for double (Terry, Haz, Migs and Storage as he shall henceforth be known). My bigger problem is deadwood in the team in Eriksen, Mane and Naughton, and getting the likes of Bolasie or Mata in is more tempting than Leicester.

However, they are seriously in fashion, and hard not to fear missing out with no Leicester players at all. I know that Naughton to Schlupp seems a no brainer but my four fit defs look decent for the next three GWs barring injury, and mane and eriksen are more of a priority possibly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'd guess that the people with 8 or 9 are wildcarding. While that's worrying, there can't be too many of them. Plus, while having 3 chelsea and 3 liverpool mightn't be too bad going forward, having 3 leicester players in my team beyond the DGW is not something I'd want. In fact, having 8/9 players from 3 teams would be quite worrying!

Leicester players can easily be benched though as they are cheap as chips so having 2/3 is not a major concern.

Vardy is more assured of his position and Nugent is a championship striker at best. He has missed some great chances this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

I haven't the will to analyse this!!

I'll do Sanchez -> Fabregas even though I can feel it in my bones that Sanchez will score v Chelsea next week

I'll also do Mane -> Silva. That does leave me with both Silva and Aguero but West Ham and Villa at home are hard to ignore.

I'll go without a keeper this week and next week I'll have to sell Panti and Dawson and bring in Mignolet and a bench fodder defender for a -4 (to give me the 0.3 needed for Mignolet)

This would be my team for this week

No Goalie
    Ivanovic, Baines, Bertie, Dawson
    Hazard, Silva, Fabregas, Albrighton
    Kane, Aguero

(Panti, Hamer, Couthino, Benteke, Bellerin)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

I got Vardy & Schmeicheal in both cheap with DG coming up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

As a matter of interest is there anywhere you can find out what % of the top 1k/10k still have their wildcard remaining?

As a matter of interest is there anywhere you can find out what % of the top 1k/10k still have their wildcard remaining?

This was last week: https://fpldiscovery.wordpress.com/2015/04/11/gw-32-transfers-and-team-selection-2/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Fellows: start Ameobi or Dawson this week? I don't exactly fancy either of them for more than a one pointer.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Vardy is more assured of his position and Nugent is a championship striker at best. He has missed some great chances this season.

The new Danny Graham so, though obviously not as good looking;)

I think I'll take a punt on the striker who's on penalties all the same rather than the winger who cant continue scoring great goals. I expect little from either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

dzoko start dis week lads??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

redarmy wrote:
    dzoko start dis week lads??

Hopefully, but I wouldn't think so. If he does, they have no strikers on the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Fellows: start Ameobi or Dawson this week? I don't exactly fancy either of them for more than a one pointer.

I've a feeling pulis has a plan for tomorrow........they have been uncharacteristicly leaky the last few weeks ........and don't forget he is going back to palace......I'm going to predict a clean sheet for west brom.......but I have my hill and no palace :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Naughton, Hutton, Lloris, Remy, Van Aanholt, Sterling, Sanchez & Bellerin in my team this week & one FT & 1.4m in the bank

Willing to take points hit to fix up my team, dunno where to start. Looking to set myself up for the run in

Lloris, Myhill

Bellerin, Hutton, Naughton, Bertrand, Van Aanholt

Sanchez, Sterling, Hazard, Ameobi, Silva

Remy, Kane, Aguero (c)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

The new Danny Graham so, though obviously not as good looking;)

I think I'll take a punt on the striker who's on penalties all the same rather than the winger who cant continue scoring great goals. I expect little from either.

I'd go with the penalty taker too. Vardy has only scored a couple of goals this season and could be a winger so don't see his appeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭shmeee

Ah lads, this week has me just confused! Remy one that's annoying me! Top of our head to head and need a big 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

2 ft this week and shiny wildcard next week. Going all out, all or nothing for the double gw and will keep a few arsenal lads for the bench. Should be setup nicely for the run in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

v3ttel wrote: »
    I've played my wildcard. The plan is to do Silva->Sterling for GW34. It gives me 11 players playing this week, 8 DGW players for 34 (including Sterling), and potentially 2 already for GW37.

5Q7mrD.png

Any suggestions? Not sure if Bellerin is a good option as he isn't nailed on.

I'd nearly get a Pool defender instead of Bellerin and then get Ospina in as your gk. No Arsenal defender is really nailed on at the moment, can see Gibbs, Chambers, Debuchy, Gabriel all getting a game at some stage.

Advertisement