Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does being single make you cocky?

• 11-04-2015 11:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭

Ended a 5 year relationship about two weeks ago. Now I'm a cocky ****er. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this my true identity that I forgot?
    I went into the pub last night and said to Barman "I'll have a cider for a change please Tony" in the most cocky way imaginable without realising it until afterwards. And I'm going out tonight dancing and I know, I KNOW, I'm gonna go at it like a mad ****er and totally rule the place with my awesome shapes.

Why?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Because your awesome dude.

Why fight it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Think it makes you a dick tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

It's a natural reaction after 5 years of being belittled about your penis size.

Go for it, man.

somefeen wrote: »
    Ended a 5 year relationship about two weeks ago. Now I'm a cocky ****er. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this my true identity that I forgot?
    I went into the pub last night and said to Barman "I'll have a cider for a change please Tony" in the most cocky way imaginable without realising it until afterwards. And I'm going out tonight dancing and I know, I KNOW, I'm gonna go at it like a mad ****er and totally rule the place with my awesome shapes.

Why?

Why would you not call the barman "Tones"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Being single just makes you play with your cock more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

This you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Why?

its not really the fact youre single, its probably the fact youre newly single out of a long term relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

Enjoy it while it lasts. In a few weeks you'll be using the same tissues to **** in to and dab your crying eyes because you don't have a woman in your life to organise the finer details.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Op in a few weeks

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

It passes OP. I'll be here for you in a few weeks time when you're a blubbering mess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

No, being dumped probably does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

Why?

Its called freedom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

I bet you don't even go to pubs. I bet you just go home and put on an apron that says 'Big Mama' on the front and make strawberry jam before sitting down and watching Baywatch for the rest of the afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

sabat wrote: »
    Or T-Bone.

Assume when you first entered the pub you shouted "ladies, daddy's back"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

or does being cocky make you single ..................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

Does being single make you cocky?

Cocky? No. Happy? Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

If a woman is single then she doesn't have a cocky, so no!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Enjoy it while it lasts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

Its called freedom.

You've obviously not been in a good relationship.... Ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Don't get cocky, it's gonna get rocky, we gonna move down to the next ya jockey now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

It's called freedom, op. The freedom to drink from the carton. The freedom to shave, only when complete strangers start commenting. The freedom to rattle windows with a belch, or your arse cheeks with a watery fart. The freedom to stick your ear buds to the wall, such is their wax content and slowly spell out hilarious profanities over a few months. The freedom to change your skiddies, only when the rot holes get so big, you can't decide which ones to put your legs through. Breath it in, op. That's not the smell of a man who washes when his eyes start watering or brushes his teeth when his breath starts stripping his own enamel. Thats the smell OF A FREE MAAAAN!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

It's called freedom, op. The freedom to drink from the carton. The freedom to shave, only when complete strangers start commenting. The freedom to rattle windows with a belch, or your arse cheeks with a watery fart. The freedom to stick your ear buds to the wall, such is their wax content and slowly spell out hilarious profanities over a few months. The freedom to change your skiddies, only when the rot holes get so big, you can't decide which ones to put your legs through. Breath it in, op. That's not the smell of a man who washes when his eyes start watering or brushes his teeth when his breath starts stripping his own enamel. Thats the smell OF A FREE MAAAAN!!!!!

Brought a tear to the eye reading that, it reminded me of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I bet your ex girlfriend is cocky now as well....well cocky as in full of cock...lots of em too I'd say. Have a nice day OP.

Brought a tear to the eye reading that, it reminded me of this.

Go down fighting, Corvus. The only way :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Why?

Just think about your Ex riding another bloke senseless if you feel you need some grounding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

OP's gonna put in his headphone, play some bee gees and strut to the club like the dance God that he is!

Or that he thinks he is. Realistically he'll be the out of control guy who's trying to hump everything in site and still won't get laid... Or win the dance off that he thinks is taking place while he clears a circle on the floor as people walk away in fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Isn't it the smug, paired up, two-peas-in-a-pod f***ers who are cocky as opposed to single people.

Not that I'm bitter about my life of involuntary celibacy and gay rumours. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Go down fighting, Corvus. The only way :D

Amen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

I bet your ex girlfriend is cocky now as well....well cocky as in full of cock...lots of em too I'd say. Have a nice day OP.

Well i hope she is because i turned into a minge magnet overnight. Pulled the other night, drowning in clunge so i am.

• Advertisement

kneemos wrote: »
    Because your awesome dude.

Why fight it?

Man reading this genuinely made me feel awesome. Thanks man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Can I borrow a feeling....

Give it time op

Well i hope she is because i turned into a minge magnet overnight. Pulled the other night, drowning in clunge so i am.

Drowning in clunge because you pulled the other night? Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes. The ex is probably beating lads off with a fly swat :D oh how I love innuendo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Your sisters don't count

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Ah, the relief of the newly free. It's been 7 months for me now and I'm still loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Franno

Well done Jay :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭kilkenny12

Franno wrote: »
    Well done Jay :)

You his ex? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Franno

kilkenny12 wrote: »
    You his ex? :eek:

No I mean he sounds like the fella from the Inbetweeners :)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭kilkenny12

Franno wrote: »
    No I mean he sounds like the fella from the Inbetweeners :)

Ah yes lol. The new account had me thinking all sorts of drama:pac:

Drowning in clunge because you pulled the other night? Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes. The ex is probably beating lads off with a fly swat :D oh how I love innuendo
    Im sad now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭TheOtherBloke

This Cockyness.. Maybe its a cover up. Youre a mess deep down OP. Weve all been there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭LadyAthame

mfceiling wrote: »
    Think it makes you a dick tbh...
    He is just trying to rustle up his self esteem after a break up i think it's awesome DO YOU op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

I'm still trying to figure out how saying to a barman "ill have a cider for a change today please tony" could be considered as cocky even if I imagine it in the "most cocky way imaginable" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

Saralee4 wrote: »
    I'm still trying to figure out how saying to a barman "ill have a cider for a change today please tony" could be considered as cocky even if I imagine it in the "most cocky way imaginable" :)

I've been wondering this too. Maybe he said it while winking and blowing kisses at his reflection in the mirror behind the bar.

Saralee4 wrote: »

Cider makes you ride her. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Single by choice (hers)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

Cider makes you ride her. ;)

Now that's cocky :)

Maybe he asked for Dickins Cider or maybe Cummins Cider

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Knowing your barman by first name is always a good sign.

Only up from here OP :pac:

Maybe he asked for Dickins Cider or maybe Cummins Cider

Awful smokey taste off the Cummins Cider though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement