Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frogs Legs - Limerick

• 11-04-2015 12:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where in Limerick you could buy frogs legs, preferably cooked but not in a restaurant ( I think ).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Never seen them outside of France. Could I ask why?

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Not much help but I think the French Table restaurant at Steamboat Quay do them, they usually have Escargot on the menu as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Snails :)

What about Foie Gras, Sheeps head, tripe sausages, tongue?

Ate some weird food in France I must say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Not much help but I think the French Table restaurant at Steamboat Quay do them, they usually have Escargot on the menu as well.

I cant recall ever seeing frogs legs on the menu at the French Table, Escargots is a staple there alright. I've eaten frogs legs in France a few times and they are not bad at all, never considered going out of my way to cook them at home though.
    I'm pretty sure I have seen them in the English market in Cork, if you are familiar with it I think it was a butcher by the Fountain at the Princes street end.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I cant recall ever seeing frogs legs on the menu at the French Table, Escargots is a staple there alright. I've eaten frogs legs in France a few times and they are not bad at all, never considered going out of my way to cook them at home though.
    I'm pretty sure I have seen them in the English market in Cork, if you are familiar with it I think it was a butcher by the Fountain at the Princes street end.

You're right! I was just out for a run and passed there and there's no sign of frog's legs on their menu. Was sure I'd seen it there before though.
    Sorry OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Never seen them outside of France. Could I ask why?

Next door neighbour was talking about them the other night and said that he couldn't find them in Limerick , I said " if they can be found, then I know the right group of people to tell me where " , and here we are :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lanigamadan

I'm not certain but I thought I saw them in the Chinese food shop on upper Henry Street some time ago. They have some 'unusual' items in their freezers at the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I'm not certain but I thought I saw them in the Chinese food shop on upper Henry Street some time ago. They have some 'unusual' items in their freezers at the back.

I remember seeing this strange thing up there once. It was like a strange monkey type pet. I was told by the boy in the store that this thing had a set of rules, But the most important rule, the rule you can never forget - no matter how much it cries, or how much it begs, never, never feed it after midnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Mr.H wrote: »
    I remember seeing this strange thing up there once. It was like a strange monkey type pet. I was told by the boy in the store that this thing had a set of rules, But the most important rule, the rule you can never forget - no matter how much it cries, or how much it begs, never, never feed it after midnight

he told me, never let it touch water

Advertisement