Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have I left it too late? Need 500 +

• 11-04-2015 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Did nothing before the mocks except the night before each exam. Got 430 havn't done much since.

I'm reasonably smart didn't do any study for the junior cert until the nights before and got 6 a's and 4 b's

I'm just pure Lazy!!

Current level I believe I'm at (HL)

English b2
    French b2
    Economics b3
    Geog c1
    history c1
    bio b3

which is 450

in the next two months could i easily get over 500 points if i really put the head down?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Yes, if you study efficiently and smartly. I only put my head down from, say 5 maybe 6 weeks before my mocks, and I did very very well from.

It's definitely achievable. If you're innovative and resourceful, and don't just open a book and read it, I think you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

You sure can if they are genuine results reflecting your ability. But if you cheated in your mocks, then those results don't count. Or you could have been extremely lucky, which might not be the case in June. And topping all that, mocks aren't anything to really judge/compare by.

Putting effort into your French oral now will hopefully secure you a b1.
    Biology grade can be improved easily by just doing loads of exam questions and learning then the marking schemes.
    English is a hit/miss
    Don't do any of the other three, but (as with any LC subject really) seems to be all info learning. Starting now means you will have a better chance of remembering it on the day. And a better chance for you to fulfilling your goal of achieving 500+points!! No reason not to believe you can you do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Two months is ages. If you study right you could start from scratch and get 500 points so seeing as you already probably know a good bit of it two months is way more than enough time to top up your knowledge enough to go from 450 to 500.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Paddyg96

Peg14 wrote: »
    You sure can if they are genuine results reflecting your ability. But if you cheated in your mocks, then those results don't count. Or you could have been extremely lucky, which might not be the case in June. And topping all that, mocks aren't anything to really judge/compare by.

Putting effort into your French oral now will hopefully secure you a b1.
    Biology grade can be improved easily by just doing loads of exam questions and learning then the marking schemes.
    English is a hit/miss
    Don't do any of the other three, but (as with any LC subject really) seems to be all info learning. Starting now means you will have a better chance of remembering it on the day. And a better chance for you to fulfilling your goal of achieving 500+points!! No reason not to believe you can you do it.

Didn't cheat in the mocks.

I usually get in the mid 500's in summer and christmas exams but this year I have just fell off due to personal reasons but I really want to get back on track!

I got 79% in English, in the top 10 in my year (150 pupils) without opening a book so I'm hoping to get a b1 or an a2 there so hopefully wont be hit and miss!

Thanks for the advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

Paddyg96 wrote: »
    Did nothing before the mocks except the night before each exam. Got 430 havn't done much since.

I'm reasonably smart didn't do any study for the junior cert until the nights before and got 6 a's and 4 b's

I'm just pure Lazy!!

English b2
    French b2
    Economics b3
    Geog c1
    history c1
    bio b3

which is 450

in the next two months could i easily get over 500 points if i really put the head down?

Got 410 in my mocks, 515 in the end. Only really copped on about 2 weeks before the exams started. You've plenty of time!

• Advertisement

Got 410 in my mocks, 515 in the end. Only really copped on about 2 weeks before the exams started. You've plenty of time!

wow tips? Good confidence boost!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Franno

Put the head down and do out a study plan and you'll be fine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I think i went up like 40 points in the real thing.

It's all about being exam savvy.

Play the system. Use the marking schemes and learn the answers to the exam questions. Nearly every question that will come in this years lc will have come up before at some stage, with some exceptions obviously. The curriculums are finite which mean the questions are finite.

I'm just pure Lazy!!

English b2
    French b2
    Economics b3
    Geog c1
    history c1
    bio b3

which is 450

How did you get on in the end, happy with your results?

How did you get on in the end, happy with your results?

Thanks for getting back to me !

I was badly sick for two of my exams which didn't help things but I managed to pull 495 out of the bag so I'm delighted ! Thanks for your advice back then, especially the pms. Means a lot and definitely helped, my promise still stands haha

• Advertisement

Thanks for getting back to me !

I was badly sick for two of my exams which didn't help things but I managed to pull 495 out of the bag so I'm delighted ! Thanks for your advice back then, especially the pms. Means a lot and definitely helped, my promise still stands haha

Im delighted it worked out for you, you obviously put some good work in to get that point jump! Fingers crossed for you now on Monday, I'm waiting for an offer too so I feel your pain!!

Advertisement